Donnie Callaway remains in custody Phoenix AZ. Grand Jury Indictment | Page 17 | FerrariChat

Donnie Callaway remains in custody Phoenix AZ. Grand Jury Indictment

Discussion in 'Vintage (thru 365 GTC4)' started by shaughnessy, Apr 11, 2024.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. UCNTHD

UCNTHD Rookie

Jun 24, 2024
    Temecula
    Good morning all,
    I am working to recover one of the cars at Mr Calloways Hanger at Fox Field in Lancaster. I understand that Trevor and Cara have allowed select people onto the airfield and opened the hangers to allow vehicles in pieces and or parts of cars out to third parties. I have watched "Matts' YouTube video about how he went up with a number of trucks and was allowed onto an FAA controlled airfield and into a hanger that has no aircraft associated with it and was allowed by someone other then the leaseholder to get what he describes as his vehicle and his parts and haul them away. My question and concerns is this... Who is protecting the remaining vehicle's that are either whole or in various stages of repair or pieces? If Callaways Mother and assistant are reaching out by text soliciting $100K from car owners under the false pretenses that their cars are next up to be repaired and parts need to be ordered, what keeps them from selling our cars parts? I have the title and registration showing legal ownership to this vehicle, yet this airfield has allowed an (allegedly) illegal auto shop to operate inside a airplane hanger and is now keeping my car from me.
    Trever will not return cars, but has changed his voicemail to say "Lansley Restorations" I can assume no BAR license but is in control of the cars. Hanger B10, C7 and C16 at FOX Field in case anyone needs to get a writ and have the Sheriff go out. I was told by the airport manager they are turning trucks and process servers away everyday, but select people are coming and taking cars.
    I expect the worst at this point, Does anyone have Caras phone number?

Rifledriver and MaranelloMark like this.
  2. Jack-the-lad

Jack-the-lad Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

No real news posted here since June 5. According to Tom’s post on that date the Arizona plea agreement will expire on July 8. What is the status of charges/extradition in California?

3. shaughnessy

shaughnessy Formula 3

Apr 1, 2004
    Wolfeboro NH
    Full Name:
    Thomas E Shaughnessy
    I know of 15-20 cars that left with Trevors full assistance. Trevor does not own any part of Callaway’s business, nor the best of my knowledge is continuing any restoration work at FOX airport, he has another job.

I suggest offering him some compensation for his time to help retrieve your car. Trevor can open the gate. He is also a victim of this mess

This is not Trevors problem.

Many have been successful retrieving their property, Weeks/months ago

You attract more bees w honey.

What car(s) do you have there ???

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

4. UCNTHD

UCNTHD Rookie

Jun 24, 2024
    Temecula
    Thus far I have no response from Trevor. So If he is opening the gate for compensation, he is doing it selectively. And if he is not involved in the business... I am now more concerned than ever that he is accessing the airport and hangers for money We all saw the text he sent out asking for $100k to "order parts and complete cars". So I do not think I would separate him from being a profiteer on a bad situation.
    Donnie's AZ attorney has blocked my number without a return call and when I called from a second number we where told "We will not be getting a call back, stop calling" (So no real remorse there).
    Still hoping someone has Caras number to try that route.
    Ill agree one can get more bees with honey... but this seems to be more flys attracted to sh$t

At this point we are pushing for the FAA to get involved and shut down gate cards and the airport to lock the doors. Let a judge give the cars back to those of us with titles rather than pay to play. Laws are there for a reason.

ggjjr, Rifledriver and MaranelloMark like this.
  5. gasboddle

gasboddle Rookie

May 9, 2024
    Full Name:
    Gary
    If it's your car and can't get access, couldn't you report it stolen?

NGooding likes this.
  6. UCNTHD

UCNTHD Rookie

Jun 24, 2024
    Temecula
    Its still civil at this point... Although we are being told the car is in pieces and nobody knows where it is located.

1monza likes this.
  7. Shark01

Shark01 F1 Veteran

Jun 25, 2005
    No, we went through this during the CNC scandal. If you hand over your keys willingly it isn’t classified as a criminal matter for law enforcement…..until the courts act, which could be a couple of years.

Rifledriver likes this.
  8. Shark01

Shark01 F1 Veteran

Jun 25, 2005
    What makes you think the guy’s mother would help you? Seems like the only proven method is sucking up to Trevor. Another idea is seeing if matt farah can help hook you up with Trevor.

1monza likes this.
  9. gasboddle

gasboddle Rookie

May 9, 2024
    Full Name:
    Gary
    got it. which car up there is yours?

10. Shark01

Shark01 F1 Veteran

Jun 25, 2005
    One of my thoughts hearing that there are still cars there, is the longer a person’s car is there, the more of their parts will take a walk-about.

11. MaranelloMark

MaranelloMark Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 24, 2019
    Bay Area, CA
    I can't imagine what you guys with cars stuck in there are dealing with. They used to hang horse thieves.

12. shaughnessy

shaughnessy Formula 3

Apr 1, 2004
    Wolfeboro NH
    Full Name:
    Thomas E Shaughnessy
    Find out who owns the hangers. I believe privately owned, on leased land.
    Gather lease is signed by Callaway and in place, for the spaces you mentioned

You remain the only person, I have heard of, to date, having difficulty

13. Boxerpilot

Boxerpilot Rookie

Feb 8, 2016
    CA
    Wow...I am reading a whole lot of conjecture on this thread. Let me set a few things straight. Firstly, Trevor has been nothing but responsive and helpful to the owners who have contacted him. He understands the owner's needs to remove their cars and mitigate their risk. As someone who has done most of the work - not Donnie, he knows which cars go with which parts and has gone out of his way to ensure the integrity of the process for removing them. In other words, no "parts are walking out the door". Further, when I went to retrieve my car and parts, he NEVER asked for money. So, this concept of him doing a "pay to play" is nonsense and frankly slanderous. I offered to compensate him for his time as a gesture of thanks. Trevor is a victim here too. How would you feel if overnight you went from having a steady job working on exotic cars to your boss being arrested and having to field calls from owners, journalists, and lawyers? His income evaporated so his boss could pay lawyers etc. So no doubt he has had to secure an alternative source of income doing restoration/repair work for someone else. Do you begrudge him that? The email that went out was at Donnie's desperate request to make bail. At that time, no one knew what the facts were and Trevor was doing what he was asked to do by his employer and the employer's mother. I certainly don't blame him for that.
    Frankly, someone with less integrity in this situation could have said "screw this" and bailed or worse - taken advantage of the situation. He hasn't done that. And if you had spent any time with Trevor, you would know that about him. Instead, he has done whatever he could to help the owners. @UCNTHD, I don't know why you aren't getting a response. Try texting him. He is usually quite responsive when he is not working on a car. I do know that, unfortunately, Trevor was in a recent accident and his truck was totaled. So he may be distracted dealing with that, along with trying to find a new job and pay his bills. I sent you a PM offering to help and you have not responded to it.
    To the uninformed points about the hangar, I can also tell you that hangars can be rented for commercial business at local airports. You do not have to have an airplane to do so (although Donnie has 2). It has nothing to do with the FAA. They are private hangars being leased out.
    Let's admit it, this whole thing sucks. I am a victim along with many others. But let's place the blame where it belongs, not on an innocent bystander.

shaughnessy, INRange, Bowzer and 4 others like this.
  14. shaughnessy

shaughnessy Formula 3

Apr 1, 2004
    Wolfeboro NH
    Full Name:
    Thomas E Shaughnessy
    This question remains unanswered, which car at FOX airfield is yours? Many have retrieved their property from Callaway hangers, perhaps they saw your car, parts and will chime in, to assist.

15. UCNTHD

UCNTHD Rookie

Jun 24, 2024
    Temecula
    CNC was a bit more complicated than handing keys over... Alot of "Buyers" turned out to be bogus. Victims where going to Upland PD to report cars as stolen and where told CA DMV would take the report. Then DMV would take "Embezzled reports" and victims would think that the car was listed as stolen. Many hired attorneys that made a mint and they are still fighting for money. Others hired people that could navigate the system properly and legally and vehicles did get reported stolen and have been returned. CNC was a mess... this one will probably fallow

16. UCNTHD

UCNTHD Rookie

Jun 24, 2024
    Temecula
    Black Testarossa

17. UCNTHD

UCNTHD Rookie

Jun 24, 2024
    Temecula
    I have calls from 3 different phones. Texts from 3 different phones. Have offered money for his time to come out. Have offered money for contact info for Donnie's mom. I have flown out to the airfield myself. Spoke with airfield manager and leasing manager. All of this is taking the legal approach as should be done. My coming onto this chat board is an attempt to get someone that may have the resources to put me in contact with one of two people (Trevor or Donnie's mom) to legally recover the car.
    However and unfortunately, the lawyers involved have limited any communication to the individual named on the hangers lease. And stories of cars and parts or cars in parts leaving the hangers cause great concern. In a perfect world, people would only take what they own and not a single thing more. However this is not a perfect world and people given access to those hangers may feel entitled to make themselves whole with items that they did not bring in. Its human nature. So I am trying to mitigate our loss by expediting the return of what Donnie's Lawyer has described as "Your car is in a million pieces and I have no idea where those are".
    C'mon Trevor... return my call? Ive got "Fix your truck" money for you?!

And Donnies planes are so far out of registration the FAA de-registered them. Airport manager knows this

MaranelloMark likes this.
  18. Camila

Camila Rookie

Apr 24, 2024
    Full Name:
    C. Bolognia
    Cara Callaway has a website. Maybe try this? https://www.jumpcityagility.com/contact.php

shaughnessy likes this.
  19. 3500 GT

3500 GT Formula 3

Nov 2, 2008
    USA
    Full Name:
    Gentleman Racer
    For roughly $500-1,000 you could hire a P.I., locate "Trevor", and have the P.I. drive you over to his residence and "meet him" at 5:30 AM and have a chat.

Turn on your camera and record the event.

Not too complicated really.

As Tom suggested, try some more honey, and if that fails.....it's usually under $50 to file in most States, paper has never refused ink.

20. shaughnessy

shaughnessy Formula 3

Apr 1, 2004
    Wolfeboro NH
    Full Name:
    Thomas E Shaughnessy
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

tritone and INRange like this.
  21. 3500 GT

3500 GT Formula 3

Nov 2, 2008
    USA
    Full Name:
    Gentleman Racer
    Noted, but apparently the OP's Curriculum Vitae isn't helping his cause.

I'd hire out and get results.

Or not ..

22. UCNTHD

UCNTHD Rookie

Jun 24, 2024
    Temecula

I am a licensed PI retained by the legal owner of the vehicle. Trevor's house has a nice big gate that I will not go past without an invite, nor would I expect anyone else to. I find it interesting that Trevor is explaining that he has yet to hear from anyone on this car when I have it documented that he has received messages from 3 separate phones. Unfortunately, My clients car is one of two that Donnie promoted as his own (Not the case). Being that most people believe this is his car, we are concerned that should another victim of his feel the need to get a "Pound of flesh" so to say, taking choice parts off a mans car may just feel like the way to do that. The Black Testarossa is a leased vehicle. The lease has been terminated and we are being told by Donnies counsel that the car is in a million pieces in unknown locations.
    If this was not the case and the car was intact, it may have had equity that could have gone back to Donnie or his family to help... However, we have been hung up on and avoided long enough that we feel confident that Donnie, his family, his associates with access to his property post arrest and even his attorneys have established intent to permanently deprive the legal owner of their vehicle.
    At this time this is simply an opinion and we are working to see if its an opinion shared by others that may be able to do more.
    But I will not go onto Trevor's property or chase him around to open the hanger that the car may or may not be in... I dont need this to escalate

MaranelloMark and INRange like this.
  23. NGooding

NGooding Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 5, 2021
    Connecticut, USA
    Full Name:
    Nate
    Good luck @UCNTHD. What a terrible situation.

MaranelloMark likes this.