Don't let the door hit you on the way out, Binotto. Or do. | FerrariChat

Don't let the door hit you on the way out, Binotto. Or do.

Discussion in 'F1' started by Bas, Nov 25, 2022.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
  2. 250boano

250boano Formula Junior

Apr 27, 2022
    Europe
    Full Name:
    DD
    Kimi2007 and Bas like this.
  3. jgonzalesm6

jgonzalesm6 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2016
    Corpus Christi, Tx.
    Full Name:
    Joe R Gonzales
    4 Team Principals since 2014 for the Scuderia......tisk tisk.

Upper management at Ferrari are running a revolving door and it's very unstable.

The running of the gauntlet continues once again.

mcimino, Jakuzzi, jpalmito and 4 others like this.
  4. DF1

DF1 Two Time F1 World Champ

Its at this point - Whatever. Dont care. This team lacks focus and drive. The better driver is the one making less mistakes, and making better calls out of the cockpit but all the attention is on the one tossing races. The strategist is a problem and Binotto has been told he is not be replaced and now is. its a decision matrix my ex-wife would be very well versed in LOL. Its a joke. Recruit OUTSIDE and get a clone of Toto Wolf or Horner or someone similar. DO IT! Its a failure as an Italian led and managed team. Fail. Period.

5. william

william Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006

This coming after months of denial is rather strange.
    Did Binotto really resigned, or did he get the boot?
    Probably we will never know.
    Now, I suppose months of head scratching and speculations will follow.
    I wonder who would want the job anyway; the position is so precarious.

jgonzalesm6 likes this.
  6. Ferrari 308 GTB

Ferrari 308 GTB F1 Veteran

Feb 21, 2015
    Tropical
    Alfa based in Switzerland ...Binotto has a house in Lausanne ...call me old fashioned but perhaps a swap is on the cards?

7. william

Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006
    I wouldn't take a job ar Sauber if I was Binotto.

Audi is going to take over soon, and they will bring their own management (German, of course)

It's probably why Vasseur is looking elsewhere !

8. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    What Ferrari Brass does need to realize that sacking Binotto is not going to solve all issues. Binotto is part of the problem but not the sole problem.

mcimino, 88porsche944, mdrums and 3 others like this.
  9. william

Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006

Ferrari is in meltdown once more, the Scuderia that is.
    No wonder with the Chairman being on another continent, and relying on second hands "reports".
    To please his boss, the CEO seems more interested in road cars sale figures than anything else.
    The story of the Scuderia looks more like a Greek tragedy than a motorsport epic.
    Recruiting talent from outside for the racing team is not a certain recipe for success if the candidate is rejected or faces lack of cooperation.
    Promoting from inside is fraught with the risk of unleashing an internal war among the factions.
    We have seen all these in the past; the Todt-Brawn-Byrne-Schumacher period was the exception, a Golden Era, never to be repeated.
    Jean Todt himself said in an interview that he left Ferrari because he was exhausted of keeping the different factions inside the Scuderia apart, beside his job as CEO, and trying to firefight all the time the top management, the unions, the FIA, the Italian media, etc... I don't think the Scuderia will ever see his like again.

TurboFreak650, E60 M5 and DF1 like this.
  10. Jack-the-lad

Jack-the-lad Six Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 22, 2004
    Moot Pointe
    As I was saying…..

11. DF1

As you state who would WANT such a job. The pay is not enough and the politics is an ulcer lol.

12. furoni

furoni F1 World Champ

Jun 6, 2011
    Vila Verde
    Full Name:
    Pedro Braga Soares
    For once we agree, the best driver ism the one making less mistakes, and coincidently also the faster one, so it´s time to stop wasting time with the useless one!

13. furoni

furoni F1 World Champ

Jun 6, 2011
    Vila Verde
    Full Name:
    Pedro Braga Soares
    Binotto position was impossible, it was either him or Charles and lest's face it, right now Chuck is the only driver able to fight max on the same levell, the other are all far behind. Toto is openly trying to lure Charles to Mercedes, and either Ferrari get's their act together or Charles will replace Elton, this much is a given. So i guess santander better stuff it and either like it or leave it together with sainz & friends. The Italians are sick and tired of the "Spanish Conection", all the press is against them, and so are thye Tiffosi, Binotto signed his fate when he decided to keep Rueda and fall out with Charles. Simone Resta should return and this will be good news.

Giallo 550, Bas and polishhammer83 like this.
  14. william

Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006
    My opinion entirely ! I have said for a while that Charles Leclerc is the best asset at Ferrari.

He isn't faultless, but some of his "incidents" can be attributed to frustration rather than lack of skill.

I rate him higher than Russell in speed and racecraft, so I suppose he would be a very good "acquisition" for Mercedes.

jpalmito, 375+, Temerian and 2 others like this.
  15. DF1

GP Blog rumor press -

Rumors
    Image Unavailable, Please Login
    'Tost and Seidl reject Ferrari offer and will not be replacing Binotto'
    13:08, Today Last update: 13:45
    2 Comments
    GPblog.com

It won't take much longer for Ferrari to announce that Mattia Binotto will leave the team with immediate effect. At least, that is the firm belief of the Italian media. Meanwhile, no replacement has yet been recruited and the search for a new team boss does not seem to be going very well.

A few weeks ago, Frédéric Vasseur's name first surfaced. The Frenchman is currently at the helm of Alfa Romeo Racing, but Ferrari would see a suitable successor to Binotto in him. Charles Leclerc knows Vasseur well, as the 54-year-old top man made his debut in Formula 1 in 2018. The signatures are not yet on paper, but Vasseur is the biggest contender.

Whether he is Ferrari's favourite, however, is doubtful. Corriere reports Saturday that the formation from Maranello already has rejections from several candidates in its pocket. According to the Italian medium, Ferrari simply does not have very many more options than Vasseur. Andreas Seidl(McLaren), Franz Tost (AlphaTauri) and Gerhard Berger (DTM boss and former F1 team boss) have all reportedly given Ferrari zero notice.

Is Vasseur really the right man?
    Meanwhile, Vasseur is said to have already started taking Italian lessons, but internally there are also many employees who are not keen on the arrival of the Alfa Romeo team boss. One finds his curriculum vitae not very impressive. His period in management at Renault failed completely and his years at his current employer are not eye-catching either.

Binotto is the fourth team boss since 2014 departures. "Even those who dislike Binotto recognise that this further turnaround could have a negative impact on the trajectory of the car for 2023," the newspaper said. Within Ferrari, opinions seem strongly divided on which course to take.

16. Temerian

Temerian Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 17, 2014
    Manhattan
    Full Name:
    Rick Temerian
    And the soap opera continues...

17. william

Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006

The man the Scuderia NEEDS as team principal is Guenther Steiner !!

Steiner is a no- nonsense team principal, and he would be the ideal candidate to kick Ferrari into shape.

He has an engineering background and F1 experience from his time at Jaguar, Red Bull and leading Haas.

Steiner is very dynamic and straighforwards, he doesn't mince his words, tells it as it is and shoot from the hip.

He would be a good motivator, and bring some efficiency both in the pit lane and on the strategy side.

Compared to Vasseur, Steiner already knows the lingo perfectly, and mostly all the Italian swear words !!

With Steiner at the Scuderia, most of the pundits would be hanging around the Ferrari pit during races to gauge his reactions !

E60 M5 and polishhammer83 like this.
  18. jpalmito

jpalmito F1 Veteran

Jun 5, 2009
    Le caylar (France)
    Full Name:
    mathieu Jeantet
    Don’t think Steiner is a good candidate either.
    People usually well informed and close to the team absolutely don’t understand what’s going on with the Scuderia right now.
    Some speculate Binotto will be very hard to fire because he knows a lot of inavouable things ( 2019 etc…)
    All this political mess is a pity because first rumors about wind tunnel data for the 675 are very promising..

19. william

Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006

Surely, they cannot keep Binotto: he is completely discredited. I don't think Arrivabene and Domenicali were that bad.

Who cares about what "secrets" Binotto harbours, he can't do his job, even a casual observer can see it.

Who cares about "promising wind tunnel data", when they can't even have the tyres ready at pit stops !

The strategists don't even know where the cars are on the track, and call them to box as they pass the pits !

I don't think Binotto has much authority on the staff, and he certainly cannot organise a team.

20. DeSoto

DeSoto F1 Veteran

Nov 26, 2003
    Not a big deal, that´s why NDAs were invented for. Also all F1 team directors have dirty secrets. Just imagine how much **** Ron Dennis must know after 40 years at McLaren and got ousted anyway.

Bas, Jeronimo GTO and william like this.
  21. fatbillybob

fatbillybob Two Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Aug 10, 2002
    socal
    Binotto out?? Is this "plan E?"

22. Giallo 550

Giallo 550 Formula 3

May 25, 2019
    NY
    Full Name:
    Jim
  23. Giallo 550

Giallo 550 Formula 3

May 25, 2019
    NY
    Full Name:
    Jim
    I believe we are now up to Plan F, for **** off.

24. jpalmito

jpalmito F1 Veteran

Jun 5, 2009
    Le caylar (France)
    Full Name:
    mathieu Jeantet
    Why not ?

25. jpalmito

jpalmito F1 Veteran

Jun 5, 2009
    Le caylar (France)
    Full Name:
    mathieu Jeantet
    You underestimate how a good car could solve a lot of problems.
    Unfortunately this year we see numerous unacceptable mistakes and more important things no real plan to avoid them in the future.
    This is why Binotto will be fired.
    Look like he is fighting against his team sometimes..
    Weird isn’t it ?