DON'T LOOK at what i got... | Page 2 | FerrariChat

DON'T LOOK at what i got...

Discussion in 'Other Off Topic Forum' started by enjoythemusic, Mar 15, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. thecarreaper

thecarreaper F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 30, 2003
    Savannah
    I KNOW I KNOW!!!!!! GET A 4 SEAT FCAR AND ROTATE THE FINE FEMALES , THAT WAY YOU CAN WRITE IT OFF AS " DRIVER TRAINING" IN ANOTHER FERRARI!!!! WHERE IS "DR TAX" !!!!!!
    1) blonde
    2) redhead
    3) brunette baby.... oh beeeehave!!!

.REAPER...... EAST BOUND AND DOWN.............

2. bernardo66

bernardo66 The Crazy Cat Man
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 14, 2003
    Montreal Canada
    Full Name:
    Bernie
    F-car owner, outlaw, good sense of humour, steak & cigar lover and to top it all off...a RUSH fan!!!!

I LIKE YOU!!!!!

3. Texas Forever

Texas Forever Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 28, 2003
    Texas!
    Bummer, Steven. Having spent a little time in the "Live free or die" state, I'm surprised that all you got was reckless driving rap. Now, if you had been driving a Harley with no helment and a biker mama on the back who looked like you could and would catch a disease from, why Officer Friendly would have probably just given you a tip of the hat and said, "Ride on, Bro."

One my biggest surprises in roaming around New England was finding out how Redneck New Hampshire is (and let's not even talk about Maine). And, trust me on this one, I know Redneck!

So lay back, relax, and enjoy the flight cause what goes around comes around. Your flag will fly soon I'm sure.

Dr "Cracker" Tax

4. ChuckEBaby

ChuckEBaby Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Nov 7, 2003
    Seattle
    Full Name:
    Chuck
    Steven! Rush? Yeah Baby! YEAH! Turn it UP!!!!!!!!!!

5. hustonm3

hustonm3 Rookie

Nov 13, 2003
    Londonderry, N.H.
    Full Name:
    Mark H.
    Thanks Steven, Just bought a 1988 328 GTB this past Jan. and have been lurking here on the Chat. Been waiting for some decent weather here in N.H. ( not anytime soon ) to take her out for great time and to add some miles to the odo. Been checking the N.E. chat line for some drive time and events in the near future for all us snow weary Ferrari people.
    Now look what you have done ......
    One less 3x8 on the road in N.H,
    Disappointed fellow New Hampshire resident,
    and less stories to read online here in the N.E.!!!!
    BUT, on the bright side,
    I know now to keep my speed in the double digits,
    Don't have to worry about 308 euro's comming up behind me,
    And still have a few gatherings ( if invited ) at your house.
    Seriously, sorry to hear the bad news and I'm sure the time will pass quickly.
    Mark H.

6. faSt4

faSt4 Rookie

Mar 13, 2004
    Montreal
    Full Name:
    M. B.
    Welcome to the club! I can't wait to get back my license on May 26th. Just in time for summer. Hope you have good friends.

7. bumboola

bumboola Formula Junior

Mar 7, 2003
    Serves you right for stealing my avatar!!!

8. alanhenson

alanhenson Formula 3

Dec 2, 2003
    You guys live in ridiculous states. Hawaii takes your liscence and 10 grand for 35mph over!!!! Holy crap. I still live in a free state. Thank god Texans won't put up with that crap. Speeder's dont kill very often. Especially guys in Ferraris. People that run red lights and drink and drive do 85% of all the killing.

9. enjoythemusic

enjoythemusic F1 World Champ

Apr 20, 2002
    Worldwide
    Full Name:
    Steven
    SrfCity: Thanks my friend, they stay around for much more than just the car. Perhaps it is my way of life, or lifestyle if you will.

Chuck Ligon: Alas, none of them know how to drive stick shift. Am kinda surprised as two are VERY good at working the stick, but i guess it does not convert over the automobile driving skills.

thecarreaper: Yeah, DrTax must know a way to write all this off :)

bernardo66: "I LIKE YOU!!!!!" Awww, now you have me blushing. OH BEHAVE :) FYI: It was cranked so loud the neighbors called and asked for me to turn it down :( As a percussionist, you can easily imagine how i admire Neil's style. Met him, his wife, and daughter back in 1989 or so as they were vacationing on Hollywood (FL) beach. Good people and sad about his wife and daughter both passing away :(

DrTax: Agreed, it is AMAZING the amount of hicks/rednecks we have here. Guess a nice Jewish boy like me from Brooklyn has no chance of fitting in :(

ChuckEBaby: The volume was WAY UP... until the neighbors called and asked for it to be turned WAY down :(

Mark H: No worries, time passes fast. REMEMBER: i'll be back :) And just because one can't drive does not mean he can not throw awesome parties :)

bumboola, changed my Avatar. R U happy now ;-)

Enjoy the Walk,

Steven R. Rochlin

10. exiges

exiges Karting

Feb 26, 2004
    Midlands
    Full Name:
    David Brown
    Consider yourself lucky you don't live in the UK..

Not only would you lose your licence without question, at those speeds you could even end up with a sentence.. (Hell, doing 55mph in a 50mph four times would lose you your licence)

And on top of that, you wouldn't get anyone feeling sorry for you.. political correctness and tree hugging facist types would tell you what a danger to society you are and you should be locked up.

So.. it could be worse !

Hope the 60 days goes quickly for you, and I hope your insurance isn't too bad upon renewal.

11. Greg G

Greg G F1 Rookie

Keep your head up Steven - sounds like your doing just fine. Peart rocks!

12. enjoythemusic

Apr 20, 2002
    Worldwide
    Full Name:
    Steven
    Exiges: Have seen the way UK drivers navigate the the various M's. The London roadways are horrible in the rain. What bloody idoit designed them? The city has too much congestion, little parking space too. Can easily understand why so many Britains are uptight drivers. The imposed "class" system has also taken its toll quite heavily.

Greg: Thanks my friend :)

Enjoy the Walk (and music. Rush "The Fountain Of Lamneth"),

Steven R. Rochlin

"My eyes have just been opened
    And they're open very wide
    Images around me
    Don't identify inside
    Just one blur I recognize
    The one that soothes and feeds
    My way of life is easy
    And as simple are my needs...

Living one long sunrise
    For to me all things are new
    I've never watched the sky grow pale
    Or strolled through fields of dew
    I do not know of dust to dust
    I live from breath to breath
    I live to climb that mountain
    To the Fountain of Lamneth...

Remembering when first I held
    The wheel in my own hands :)
    I took the helm so eagerly
    And sailed for distant lands :)
    But now the sea's too heavy
    And I just... I just don't understand
    Why must my crew desert me?
    When I need... I need a guiding hand...

Panacea, liquid grace
    Oh let me touch your fragile face
    Enchantment falls around me
    And I know I cannot leave

Here's a meaning for my life
    A shelter from the storm
    Pacify my troubles with
    Her body, soft and warm

Naked in our unity
    A smile for every tear
    Gentle hands that promise me
    Comfort through the years

Yet I know I must be gone
    Before the light of dawn..."

13. larz

larz Rookie

Feb 27, 2004
    Full Name:
    Lawrence
    Sorry to hear about this. Can you contest it at all? Did he use a laser speed gun to clock in your speed? Weather can affect those devices. I'd look into it.

So did the hottie offer to drive you around since they took your license? I would hope so. I'm sure the cops were more then happy to write the ticket. Sorry man.

Larz

14. tifosi69

tifosi69 Formula 3

Dec 23, 2003
    Atlanta, Ga.
    Full Name:
    Al-Al Cool J
    LOL, it is interesting.

15. enjoythemusic

Apr 20, 2002
    Worldwide
    Full Name:
    Steven
    Larz,

Many thanks for the advice, but have done all i could. Alas, no ladies can drive the stick shift (i asked), but there has been volunteers who desire learning. MANY volunteers. A HUGE amount of volunteers.

As today is my last day, am taking the car to my AWESOME mechanic to have work done. Nothing "needs" to be done as she is great, yet since there is 60 days of downtime may as well make the suspension "better than new" and have a few other bits done. Think of this whole 60-day revocation as a chance to make her REALLY purrrr :)

Just making the best of things :)

Enjoy the Walk,

Steven R. Rochlin

16. enjoythemusic

Apr 20, 2002
    Worldwide
    Full Name:
    Steven
    tifosi69,

Imagine an underground race track that is made with nothing but 30+ ft diameter tubes. Given enough downforce you could drive on the ceiling during long straights :)

Enjoy the Walk,

Steven R. Rochlin

17. CCarlisi

CCarlisi Karting

Nov 4, 2003
    Manhattan
    Full Name:
    Christian
    The police in NH are brutal. I was doing 62 in a 55 on a stretch of road that dropped down to 35 and got nail right as I crossed over. I didn't see the cop anywhere. It turns out he got me with a laser gun that had a long range digital scope. After SEVERAL conversations with him and the ADA we got the ticket put on file without a finding.

Shortly after that I read a newspaper article that implied that the same cop is known to be overzealous. Apparently, he even ticketed a Judge in his area for expired inspection! I also learned that he can visually estimate vehicle speed in police tests at 60mph within 2mph +/-.

My friend has you beat by 48 hours in this race to the bottom. He lost his license while test driving a black 512TR (120+ in a 55) . . .he bought it anyway:)

18. TimN88

TimN88 F1 Veteran

Jun 12, 2001
    Northeast
    Full Name:
    Tim
    Dont worry about it. We have a great mass transit sysem in this country, j/k

I came very close to getting my license revoked back when i was 17. I got a speeding ticket for like 7 over in CT when i was still in the 6 month probationary period, but thankfully i have a NY license and there is no reciprococity, so i just paid the ticket (not worth fighting it and calling attention to the fact that i had just gotten my license a few months earlier. (tim 1, system 0)
    How restricting is the 'restricted' license?

19. Ferrari_UK

Ferrari_UK Formula 3

Dec 6, 2002
    England
    Full Name:
    Jeff Howe
    Hi all.

I reckon as Steve has got to lay his bootiful car up for 60 days (he-he) this should give him ample time to do all those little jobs which he keeps promising himself, but is too busy with other err, 'bodywork' !

So I have just decided that Steve can have a small 'I got a ticket' discount on all his orders sent over Ferrari Owners' Site ! This will help him to get these jobs finished on his car.

And before you say it, NO - we don't have courtesy light switches so don't even think it ! :) This offer applies only to the Steve Rochlin 'Gotta pay a big fine' fund and will not include shipping & US Duty or any other member of F/Chat (this time).

Enjoy the Website

20. enjoythemusic

Apr 20, 2002
    Worldwide
    Full Name:
    Steven

AWESOME! Wow, i should lose my license more often. WAIT!!! What am i saying??? Hmm, i e-mailed you guys about BLING book about a week ago and you never replied. Is this book original and not a reprint (95990828 308 QV WIRING DIAGRAMS £11.90) and if it is an original i want it.

Let see, am redoing the suspension/bushings, but DO NOT want stock so that's out for you (sorry chap). How much is an ALL NEW interior (leather seats/headrest/door/centre console and complete carpet set) for typical 308 in tan (notice centRE :) )? Got a vinyl cover with Ferrari logo for a can of Fit-A-Flat? Got any door jam switches (just joking LOL).

Well, that is all i can think of for now. Please e-mail me the discounted prices at my usual address.

Enjoy the Walk,

Steven R. Rochlin

21. Seth

Seth Formula 3

Feb 8, 2004
    Texas
    just get an international liscense

then you can drive....

22. enjoythemusic

Apr 20, 2002
    Worldwide
    Full Name:
    Steven
    If you reside in the USA, you MUST have USA license. Have read many articles about this over the years.

23. Ferrari_UK

Ferrari_UK Formula 3

Dec 6, 2002
    England
    Full Name:
    Jeff Howe
    Hi Steve -

I have checked the wiring diagram manual, #95990828 and YES ! It is an original Italian copy.

Enjoy the Read !

24. enjoythemusic

Apr 20, 2002
    Worldwide
    Full Name:
    Steven
    Send it, bill me :) DON'T make me come there for it cuz i'll bring that van we discussed :)

Enjoy the Walk (59 days and counting),

Steven R. Rochlin

25. Mitch Alsup

Mitch Alsup F1 Veteran

Nov 4, 2003
    Here is the inherent problem in your mental model of car ownership and driving.