Door latch problem | FerrariChat

Door latch problem

Discussion in '456/550/575' started by williboy, Sep 17, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. williboy

williboy Rookie

Apr 7, 2011
    Passenger door latch stopped working inside car has anyone experience this, is door panel complicated to remove ,or is this best left to dealer,thinking my be something just popped off?

2. williboy

williboy Rookie

Apr 7, 2011
    car is 01 575

3. AVIMAX

AVIMAX Formula Junior

Aug 5, 2014
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Ryan
    You can remove the armrest with 2 screws below, then slide the armrest back. You can access the rods connecting the inside door handle to the latch mechanism this way. No need to remove the whole door panel.

4. AVIMAX

AVIMAX Formula Junior

Aug 5, 2014
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Ryan
    Sorry, just noticed you have a 575, my instructions are for a 550. Please disregard my previous post.

5. williboy

williboy Rookie

Apr 7, 2011
    Did remove arm rest ,rods moving fine but not actvading latch mechanism ,so door panel needs to come off, just want to know if any tricks involved ,keeping the door panel Perfect is probably my biggest fear.thanks for the reply!

6. Konadog06

Konadog06 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 22, 2007
    Daytona Beach, Florida
    Full Name:
    Bill
    Williboy, there is some confusion whether you are working on a 550 or 575. General knowledge is 575 production began in 2002.
    If you are indeed working on a 575 a WSM ( work shop manual) will assist you in removing the door panel/card. Dave at StickyRX may be able to provide you with one. I'll add here that after following those instructions I still could not get the panel to release completely and was concerned about damaging the panel with further action. In my case I managed to work around it.
    Have done numerous searches of the Fchat archives without answers as well. Please post details should you get it removed.
    Bill
    FL

7. williboy

williboy Rookie

Apr 7, 2011

8. williboy

williboy Rookie

Apr 7, 2011
    Thanks, konadog sorry 2002 575,I will order this Manuel but your right they don't always tell u the tricks,door panels are easily damaged ,anyone out there that could advise would appreciate it I have a door panel fork tool but I stopped because it didn't seem to be coming off, armrest is off, seems so simple Thanks!