, "Dots" on Tecnomodel 330 P4 | FerrariChat

, "Dots" on Tecnomodel 330 P4

Discussion in 'Collectables, Literature, & Models' started by Thomas Bucher, Apr 8, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Thomas Bucher

Thomas Bucher Rookie

Feb 5, 2009
    centerville, OH
    Full Name:
    Thomas Bucher
    I recently purchased a Tecnomodel Ferrari 330 P4 and was dismayed to discover that there were raised dots on the doors and the engine cover. I thought the dots were manufacturing errors. However, upon weeding through my considerable collection of P4 computer images, I found an official Ferrari photograph of the 330 P4 introduction. There they were. The dots! I believe in group knowledge, so who better than this group to ask, "What are those dots?" I'm going to attempt to attach photos of the model and the Ferrari "press" photograph. I have no other reason for asking other than inquisitiveness and perhaps a challenge to you club members.
    Ps. Bravo! Ferrari number one but, unfortunate for the injured tire changer.
    Thomas Bucher
    Ps. Unfortunately, I cannot find a way to attach images from my photo album.

2. Gatorrari

Gatorrari F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 27, 2004
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jim Pernikoff
    Rivets, I would think.

3. Lusso123

Lusso123 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 18, 2010
    NY
    Full Name:
    Marshall Buck
    Without seeing any photos of the "dots" you are referring to it's difficult to say 1with 100% certainty, but based on what the model is, and all that I had bought & sold..... I think the "dots" you mention are the photo-etched metal parts Tecnomodel used to simulate the race number ID lights on the real car.

4. the_stig

the_stig F1 Rookie

Sep 19, 2005
    Asked and answered in his identical thread from April 10:
    https://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/threads/ferrari-330-p4-question.573350/

5. Lusso123

Lusso123 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 18, 2010
    NY
    Full Name:
    Marshall Buck