488 - Doug at it some more...Pista | FerrariChat

488 Doug at it some more...Pista

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by FerrariFR33458, Feb 12, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. FerrariFR33458

FerrariFR33458 Formula 3

Aug 4, 2017
    Wash DC Area
    Full Name:
    FR33
  2. iloveferrari

iloveferrari Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 14, 2014
    USA
    He does not know how to review it well. All he said is wow, this steering is tight

3. CT Audi Fan

CT Audi Fan Formula Junior

Oct 23, 2011
    I disagree. The professional auto journo reviews are great and I respect their knowledge, experience and objectivity; however look at the massive smile on Doug’s face! You don’t watch his reviews to learn much regarding driving dynamics ... but he shows and talks about things that others don’t and it’s fun to watch. I learn something from each of his videos ... good way to kill 20 minutes.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Lotaz and Boomhauer like this.
  4. crinoid

crinoid F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 2, 2005
    Full Name:
    LaCrinoid
    He has genuine enthusiasm which I like. He is entertaining. He’s just not a car guys car guy. He’s like a guy that one day decided he wanted to be a car guy. Not like some of us that have been driving or riding on engines since we were 5 yrs old. He likes cars however reviews them in a superficial kind of milenial way. He can’t really drive so he doesn’t track them and probably couldn’t get the cars he gets if he did actually want to DRIVE them. I like watching him for what he’s worth. I will say he needs more drive time in the vids. I can only watch so much video of quarks...

Boomhauer likes this.
  5. iloveferrari

iloveferrari Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 14, 2014
    USA
    Hmmm...i only think his report of quirky things of cars interesting despite his sweating t shirt.

6. LamboLover

LamboLover F1 Rookie

Jul 16, 2006
    Texas
    Full Name:
    Rick
    That's a good thing if you know Doug's history on the internet before he decided YouTube was his career choice.

7. crinoid

crinoid F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 2, 2005
    Full Name:
    LaCrinoid
    What’s your point Rick, help me out here.

Boomhauer likes this.
  8. LamboLover

LamboLover F1 Rookie

Jul 16, 2006
    Texas
    Full Name:
    Rick
    Let's just say he's hopefully learned a thing or two since he took up car reviewing about driving cars hard.... This is a post he made several years ago after driving the Tail of the Dragon.

themediocore and crinoid like this.
  9. dmark1

dmark1 F1 World Champ
    BANNED Owner

Feb 26, 2008
    Americas Team Headquarters
    Full Name:
    Mark
    Ok I’m lost here...

10. noone1

noone1 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jan 21, 2008
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Mike
    What's with the door panels having two different pulls? Driver gets the fabric loop thing, passenger gets a traditional pull. Weird.

There's really no meaningful weight savings with this difference...

11. schumacher12345

schumacher12345 Karting

Jun 3, 2004
    He found niche in youtube car landscape and is running away with it.

This was done by saabkyle04 first but instead of just re reading the brochure from manufacture back to you like saabkyle04 did....Doug calls his segments quarks.

If you notice youtube comments on Dougs videos, its nothing but teenagers that spend time more talking about dougs double tshirt use instead of car.

Meanwhile magazines/better journalists wait 10 months to get their hands on 488 pista.

crinoid likes this.
  12. crinoid

crinoid F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 2, 2005
    Full Name:
    LaCrinoid
    Saabkyle04 is hilarious. At first I thought he was a special needs case.

13. Alexfor8

Alexfor8 Rookie

Aug 14, 2018
    Full Name:
    ALEXANDER FOREST
    The driver has a steering wheel to hold on while driving, the passenger needs something too

crinoid likes this.
  14. obbob

obbob Formula Junior

Aug 14, 2017
    different reviewers for different things. Doug is good for pointing out all the minute physical details of a car.

If you want someone to give real accurate driving impressions, Doug is not that guy. Look to a reviewer like Chris Harris for that purpose.

Boomhauer and Griffon83 like this.
  15. Griffon83

Griffon83 Formula Junior

Dec 5, 2016
    Greece
    Full Name:
    Nassos
    For me Doug DeMuro and Matt Watson from Carwow are by far the most entertaining car people on Youtube. Chris Harris is also entertaining but is focused on the track aspect of the car, being a racing driver. I also like Harry Metcalfe, who has a different yet knowledgeable background of motoring and can channel his knowledge without being boring (see combined harvester review).

And they're honest, unlike some other "reviewers" that talk nonsense just for view counting or for "lifestyle".

Boomhauer likes this.
  16. Lotaz

Lotaz Formula 3

Nov 18, 2016
    Las Vegas
    Full Name:
    Scott
    I enjoy Doug

Boomhauer likes this.