Drag Race your Ferrari in Gulfport, MS | FerrariChat

Drag Race your Ferrari in Gulfport, MS

Discussion in 'South Central - USA (TN, MS, AL, GA)' started by piratepress, May 15, 2022.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. piratepress

piratepress Formula Junior

May 18, 2009
    Mississippi
    Full Name:
    Chip A.
  2. energy88

energy88 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 21, 2012
    West of Fredericksburg, VA
    Full Name:
    John
  3. piratepress

May 18, 2009
    Mississippi
    Full Name:
    Chip A.
    Haha, I'd love to see that!

4. Gatorrari

Gatorrari F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 27, 2004
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jim Pernikoff
    Is this the Ferrari 3008? :D

5. NachoRunner601

NachoRunner601 Karting

Dec 30, 2019
    St. George, UT
    Full Name:
    James M Burkett
    After the last cars and coffee in Biloxi, I won’t be attending - with my vehicle anyways.

Will there and an option for people to just come watch in the stands?

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

6. Ferrari Tech

Ferrari Tech Formula 3

Mar 5, 2010
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Wade Williams
    I had a 360 client that found an old air strip and did some "drag racing". I wasn't able to save the flywheel or anything in the clutch department really.

I tell clients all the time that if they want to drag race, buy a drag car, not a Ferrari.
    For anyone planning to go that has an F1, please roll into the gas and let the clutch "hook" then hammer down.
    If you have a dual clutch, just hammer down.
    If you have a foot clutch, again, roll in until you have you clutch foot completely off the pedal and then hammer down. Stick cars, be careful and deliberate on the gate shifts. Snapping the clutch quickly can lead to shifting issues as you will be done clutch before the gated shift is fully done.
    It should be great fun if done with care. Oh, I don't think burn outs are needed either. There will be plenty of traction.
    Would love to be there, sounds like a fun time. Enjoy it.

steved033 and V4NG0 like this.
  7. piratepress

May 18, 2009
    Mississippi
    Full Name:
    Chip A.
    Really disappointed in the zero turnout of Ferraris today. I spotted a Lambo and a McLaren from a distance but neither of them had the stones to drag race either. A new white Acura NSX was the only "exotic" that made continual passes, and it's AWD and hybrid powerplant made it devastating down the quarter-mile strip. It beat a Dodge Hellcat and Corvette C7 Z06 among other vehicles. Two hours in, the owner of a new Supra painfully discovered that his ambitions exceeded his abilities when power-on oversteer ping-ponged him off the left and right guard rails. Despite that, I believe the event was enough of a success that they'll do it again in the fall.

8. carguy

carguy F1 Rookie

Oct 30, 2002
    Alabama (was Mich.)
    Full Name:
    Jeff
    Years ago I was attending a vette-viper shoot out at Route-66 Drag Way, as I had a modified ZR-1 (great fun - and pretty quick). After a few hours you get used to the sound of v8's and v10's buzzing down the track, so you tend to wander around talking, looking at stuff, etc. Well early in the afternoon...we all heard the unusual sound of a flat-plane V8 doing a serious burnout. Everyone ran up to the track to see what it was....

It was a 1990 F-40...!!! I could hardly believe my eyes. The F-40 lined up against a modified Viper Coupe that had ran low 11 second quarters all day. Well the the light hit green and the Viper launched but had wheel spin, the F-40 gently rolled off the line and after about 20 feet.....whaaaaaaa....(shift)....whaaaa......! It sounded glorious! I think the Viper was only in the low 12's, but that F-40...without abusing the driveline...ran something like a 10.9 second time at better than 135mph. All of us American Iron guys were very impressed, and a bit demoralized that an Italian 3 liter V8 just whooped us....

V4NG0 likes this.