Dreaded door latch - DIY fix? | FerrariChat

Dreaded door latch - DIY fix?

Discussion in '360/430' started by Sandy Eggo, Aug 12, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Sandy Eggo

Sandy Eggo F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jun 4, 2009
    Encinitas, CA
    Full Name:
    Rick
    Opened the passenger door to unhook the battery tender. While seated inside, I tried to close the door from the inside and the door just bounced off the jam. Played around with the inside door handle and lock - still the door just bounced when I tried closing it.

From the outside, I was able to shut the door - the first strike was a little tentative and the door didn't shut all the way. I reached inside to use the door lever (to open it back up) and it kinda went "snap" as I pulled it up. I figure either the cable actually snapped or just came off its guide (or something). I re-open the door using the outside latch and then was able to shut it securely.

I haven't tried to open/close it again but I assume it's nerfed (based on that "snap" feeling I got with the inside door latch). Is there a good DIY post or video online somewhere on how to fix these? I read in other threads that a certain part is NLA but several folks mentioned being able to fix it themselves.

2. stevecomp

stevecomp Formula Junior

Mar 1, 2013
    South Australia
    Full Name:
    Steve
    The cable get water in it when it's washed and goes rusty inside.

I replaced my cables sometime ago when one rusted out.