Dress shoes brand question? | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Dress shoes brand question?

Discussion in 'Other Off Topic Forum' started by F360@20, Mar 17, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ralessi

ralessi Formula 3

May 26, 2002
    Houston, TX
    Full Name:
    Rikk
    Thanks for all of the suggestions so far. I really like Alden's and Allen Edwards -low(er) and of the price spectrum...

Now I will ask a few more questions if you all don't mind -

What types of shoes are appropriate for suits? Could you perhaps give me an example? Plain oxfords? What type of toe? Are monk straps ever appropriate?

Thanks.

2. TigerAce

TigerAce Formula 3

May 29, 2003
    Dallas, TX
    Full Name:
    Yoshi Ace
    Kenny, I don't know any cutom shoe makers as I haven't tried yet. John Lobb and JM Weston. I want some info on them as I am interested. Negative of Berluti is that they don't have any boutique in the USA yet. Only source is some private importers. (that's what I was told by Berluti, but if you guys know otherwise, pls let me know)

ralessi, laced shoes w/ plain toe can go with any suits. Depending on the style of suits (british trad, Italian, 3 buttons, etc), I make variation on shoes. I don't always cuff my suits pants because of shoe variation. Slip-ons are good nowadays, so I wear them w/ suits, too, but most tailors/suit salesmen recommend laced shoes for suits. I guess it is more of formality or tradition.

3. kenny

kenny Formula Junior

Nov 9, 2003
    Greenwich , CT
    Full Name:
    Kenny
    John Lobb
    680 Madison Ave.
    New York City, NY 10021-7246
    Phone: 212/888-9797

www.jmweston.com

I think they have a store on 68th st. and madison Ave. in NY.

4. bostonmini

bostonmini Formula 3

Nov 8, 2003
    have had a suede pair of guccis as "daily walkers" for 2 years, no complaints! good soles too, not just for look.

5. Hubert888

Hubert888 F1 Veteran
    BANNED

May 14, 2003
    Manhattan & LA
    Full Name:
    Hubert
    J.P Tod's are the best! and the most comfortable! :)

6. CCarlisi

CCarlisi Karting

Nov 4, 2003
    Manhattan
    Full Name:
    Christian
    Agreed. The construction of the Gucci shoes I have owned seems to be better than the Prada shoes I've had. I still have a pair of Gucci loafers that I bought back in 1998! However, I no longer buy Gucci shoes because their current line up uses a very narrow sole that is not compatible with my chubby 'western' feet. I think the Prada shoes are a little better in this respect.

7. TigerAce

TigerAce Formula 3

May 29, 2003
    Dallas, TX
    Full Name:
    Yoshi Ace
    Thanks for Info. Kenny!

Yoshi

8. enzoz

enzoz Karting

Nov 2, 2003
    SF Bay Area
    Full Name:
    Rob
    Hell no. I wear Prada dude. The label rules... oh and I'm stright.

9. Jay GT4

Jay GT4 F1 Rookie

Oct 16, 2001
    La mamma dei fessi
    Full Name:
    e sempre incinta
    I've had a pair of black leather Rockports for a few years that are very comfortable and under $100. Made by Reebock and come with an air insole cushion. Very light too, unfortunately it has a rubber sole which makes it a bit too casual for some engagements.

A good Italian made shoe with a leather sole is the way to go. I really couldn't care less about the name as long as the leather is good and the shoe is stylish and comfortable.

10. F360@20

F360@20 Karting

Nov 24, 2003
    San Diego
    I would not dream of putting sneakers with a suite! NO way I could pull that off. I just asked what other shoes they had and they brought the sneakers in I thought they look awsome very comfortable.