Drive belts | FerrariChat

Drive belts

Discussion in 'California/Portofino/Roma' started by nflpats, Oct 11, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. nflpats

nflpats Karting

Oct 7, 2017
    Full Name:
    Tobin Tracy
    Just bought a 2010 Cali, my first Ferrari. Does anyone know the part number for the two belts? My research came up with Dayco 6PK1515 & 6PK1534. Is this correct?

2. AD211

AD211 Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Aug 19, 2017
    South Carolina
    Full Name:
    Andy
    Not sure if this is relevant seeing as how I’m a first timer as well and pick up my 2010 Friday but the F dealership went through it extensively and replaced 2 belts being the serpentine and water pump belts. F parts 250070 & 214271 but I could be reading the work order incorrectly. Call Stanley at F Greensboro, NC. He’s been a great help.

3. nflpats

nflpats Karting

Oct 7, 2017
    Full Name:
    Tobin Tracy
    Wow! This forum is great. AD22.... go luck with your Cali

4. tomc

tomc Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    Post up pics of your new Cali. Congrats.
    T

5. tomc

tomc Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    Hot! Love the black wheels and accents. Enjoy your great car.
    T

6. nflpats

nflpats Karting

Oct 7, 2017
    Full Name:
    Tobin Tracy
    Thank you. I'm enjoying it so far. Just nerd to lower it a little. Anyone happen to know what size spanner wrenched?

7. Motob

Motob Formula 3
    Professional Ferrari Technician

Nov 11, 2003
    Frederick, Maryland
    Full Name:
    Brian Brown
    Be aware that replacement of the drive belts is not an easy DIY job. You need to be able to raise the car on a lift, as all the work is from underneath. The water-pump drive belt is a special "Stretchy belt" that has no adjustment. You cut the old belt off and install the new belt using a Maserati special tool #900027671.
    You position the belt on the pulleys with this tool and then rotate the engine over in order to stretch it on over the pulley. There is no way to do it without the special tool unless you are into losing fingers and damaging the new belt by trying to do it with screwdrivers/pry bars. The serpentine belt that drives the rest of the pulleys is not a cakewalk either. I recommend getting serpentine belt tools (the socket size is 15mm) in order the release the tensioner and hold/position the new belt. Make sure that it located with all the ribs lined up with the grooves on the pulleys, or it will self-destruct as soon as you start the car.
    With a lift and all of the special tools, the belt replacement is now easy for me. But the first time I tried to do it with out the special tools it was virtually impossible.

Willl likes this.
  8. nflpats

nflpats Karting

Oct 7, 2017
    Full Name:
    Tobin Tracy
    Thank you for the information. I'll will buy the Maserati tool. I have a mechanic friend that will be helping me. For the serpentine belt, just a 15mm socket?

9. Motob

Motob Formula 3
    Professional Ferrari Technician

Nov 11, 2003
    Frederick, Maryland
    Full Name:
    Brian Brown
  10. whissm

whissm Rookie

Nov 11, 2021
    Houston Texas
    Full Name:
    Mike Whisson
    I’m about to change my belts on my 2012 Cali. I just want to be sure when I change the serpentine belt I won’t affect the engines running in any way. I’m 99.9% sure there is nothing to be concerned about, but want to be 100%! Thanks in advance