Drive this Sunday | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Drive this Sunday

Discussion in 'California & Nevada (Northern)' started by tvrfreak, Nov 11, 2003.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Gary(SF)

Gary(SF) F1 Rookie

Oct 13, 2003
    Los Altos Hills, CA
    Full Name:
    Gary B.
    My wife says she's going to come along.

Gary

2. bobafett

bobafett F1 Veteran

Sep 28, 2002
    Should be nice. Are you bringing your 360?

--Dan

3. Gary(SF)

Gary(SF) F1 Rookie

Oct 13, 2003
    Los Altos Hills, CA
    Full Name:
    Gary B.
    Don't I wish...FoSF says next summer. The photo by my name is just wishful thinking at this point.

4. tvrfreak

tvrfreak F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Mar 31, 2003
    Arkansas
    Full Name:
    F K
    Dan,
    yes, you're right on about the itinerary. Per the first post, the times I am thinking of are as below.

Ben,
    since you did such a fantastic job of planning and mapping the drive up 128, can I ask you to please do something similar for this event? Maps, key cell phone numbers, etc.

Everyone,
    do the following times work for you? Please let me know very, very soon so that if there are any revisions, I can post them here and give plenty of warning to everyone about the change. Thanks!

-------------------------------------------------------------
    8.30 - 9.00 Gather here (Serramonte or 92) and set off

9.30-9.45 Gather again at the bottom of the peninsula, say at Bentley of Silicon Valley, to meet up with the folks who are coming down from the east bay, and those starting off in the south bay.

11:00-11.30 Arrive, museum

12.30 - 1.30 Lunch

1.30 - 3.00 Driving and exploring

3.00 - 3.15 Gather up again, maybe coffee, then head back
    ------------------------------------------------------

Best,
    f.

5. bobafett

bobafett F1 Veteran

Sep 28, 2002
    I think this works out, but allot us a bit more silly-time at FoLG, as some folks will be turning back at that point.

Also, I have compiled a list of all of the phone numbers, which I will have to pass on to Ben. We've got a LOT of drivers coming (I'd reckon ~20 cars). Actually, Faisal, can you get me the contact info for the Lotus / Lambo guys?

--Dan

6. tvrfreak

tvrfreak F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Mar 31, 2003
    Arkansas
    Full Name:
    F K
    Send the list to you or Ben or both?

7. bobafett

bobafett F1 Veteran

Sep 28, 2002
    Send it to me, I will add it to my current list, and then pass it along to Ben for the print-out.

--Dan

8. Ferrari Fanatic

Ferrari Fanatic Formula 3

Apr 2, 2003
    SoCal
    Count me in from 92 down to Bentley of Silicon Valley. The ONLY thing that will stop me is rain. My Spider was made for top down driving and that all that it will do, LOL.

I will need to get the exact meeting place for the location at 92.

9. ferraridriver

ferraridriver F1 Rookie

Aug 8, 2002
    Bay Area Calif.
    Full Name:
    Dave
    Anyone up for lunch in Tres Pinos, its about 5 miles south of Hollister, and has a very cool restaurant, The Inn at Tres Pinos, They would probably want reservations for a large group, but I think they can work with us.

10. Artherd

Artherd F1 Veteran

Jun 19, 2002
    Bay Area, CA
    Full Name:
    Ben Cannon
    Guys- sorry I've been out of touch, I'm in LA right now (PS: those 'flods' they've been whineing about, were like 4 hours of rain, and some lightning. We were at Disneyland at the time, and stayed on into the evening :) Nothing compared to even what the Bay Area can get, let alone the Northwest.

I'm going to be back in time for this run on Sunday, so I'd be happy to throw together another little map/plan-of-love.

Go ahead and e-mail me all the particuliars, mailto:[email protected]

See you guys there!

11. bobafett

bobafett F1 Veteran

Sep 28, 2002
    Fdriver: Faisal is the lead man with respect to things around SJB, I don't know the area at all. Good suggestion, though. Finding a place with advance reservations is a good idea, I think.

Perhaps Rivee could suggest something, as he's down there?

Ben: I will send you everything once Faisal send me his list. I've compiled Names, numbers, usernames and cars.

--Dan

12. rivee

rivee F1 Rookie

Jan 20, 2002
    Nowhere important, USA
    Full Name:
    John
    {Perhaps Rivee could suggest something, as he's down there?}

There is a great restaurant called the "Cutting Horse"

Been awhile since I was there though.

But better make reservations.

tvrfreak, do you mean meet at the mission? I don't know about the museum?

Here's a lousy map of SJB

13. redhead

redhead F1 Rookie

Dec 26, 2001
    Full Name:
    ~Red~
    2 things...

One...
    Bentley of Silicon Valley..old FLG has two locals...we are talking about sales????? Correct ????? in downtown LG??

As well, Dan-per our conversations, i am still fity fity... I will let you know Fri.

Red

14. bobafett

bobafett F1 Veteran

Sep 28, 2002
    I spoke with Dave (FD) at some length today, and I really think the place he has suggested would be a great venue to meet for lunch.

Faisal, do you thnk you could call them up? Also, I need that list via email.

Rich: sales, and with respect to attendance: you gotta do who you gotta do. :D

--Dan

15. ferraridriver

ferraridriver F1 Rookie

Aug 8, 2002
    Bay Area Calif.
    Full Name:
    Dave
  16. v8esprit

v8esprit Rookie

Oct 31, 2003
    I'll be meeting at 8:30AM at SerraMonte and then rolling down from there to the 92 meet up.

-Lox "F1 wet tyres" Thomson

It might rain a little bit in the morning, but it should be great by the afternoon. I'm stoked!

17. v8esprit

v8esprit Rookie

Oct 31, 2003
    Faisal was asking me to look into the roads that we can drive. Two Concorsos ago, a bunch of Lotus guys and I did the Carmel Valley road. That was a lot of fun, and he and I thought that wouldn't be a bad idea. But I did some more searching and I found Highway 25. So I got to thinking we could do both. If we head out of Holister and down 25, we then turn toward 101 along 196. From 101N we can exit on Carmel Valley road, and then head up Laurless Grade, to Monterey Salinas hwy to 101N.

I'll have you know that I believe that Laurless road is the closest thing to a rollercoaster in my Lotus. I tell ya, I can go up and down that all day long. Anyway, these are gonna be some awesome roads. Read all about them:

HWY 25:
    http://www.pashnit.com/roads/cal/Highway25.htm

Carmel Valley Road:
    http://www.pashnit.com/roads/cal/CarmelValleyRd.htm

So what do you guys think of that?

-Lox

18. tvrfreak

tvrfreak F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Mar 31, 2003
    Arkansas
    Full Name:
    F K
    Lox,
    I remember that road well. Par's Viper got airborne a few times--unfortunately he will be traveling this time around. Looking forward to driving it again. Thanks for the planning!

Ben,
    you up to date on everything? You are coming, right? It's getting close, so give me a jingle if you need anything.

Best,
    f.

19. tvrfreak

tvrfreak F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Mar 31, 2003
    Arkansas
    Full Name:
    F K
    Dan, sorry, I know I promised a list of attendees and contact info. Here's the people who will be attending. I will make a concerted effort to gather everyone's contact information next time around, and set up a mailing list. Currently, I am reaching people through cell phone, email, and via about 4 forums--not good.

Lotus
    -----------
    Ed Sham
    Mark Wiens
    Lox and Alexandra
    Faisal Khan
    Ben Cannon
    Waiting to hear from Vasili and his Exige.
    Not coming - my very good friend Imran--he moved to LA on Tuesday!

Ferrari
    -----------
    Noel
    Tim
    Baron
    Victor
    Dan
    Who have I left out?

M3
    -----------
    John Nitis
    Possibly two other cars.

Lamborghinis
    ------------
    Still waiting to hear from the Lambo crowd...Ratinder, Jay, Larry, Josh, Dave, etc.
    Larry in the silver Esprit will not be able to attend. Neither will Roy (white Esprit).

Viper
    ------------
    Par - not coming.

McLaren
    ------------
    Not coming - SN
    Not coming - LB
    Not coming - CM, right Dan?

Basically, once again a complete bust on the McLarens which I keep trying to get to attend the events I put together. This is not necessarily a bad thing, as I hear these guys are very slow and hold everyone up because they are so paranoid about their cars.

This is also about as big a group as I want to get, although there's always room for a McLaren or two. It gets too hard to stay together in towns, plus any more exotics and we become very visible on the freeway and blamed for anything that happens, whether we are involved or not.

Anyways, great momentum, guys. It would be awesome to have a bunch of events like this throughout the year, say once a month! Between that and the karting and the other gatherings, we could almost pretend to be normal people with social lives. OK, I know that's pushing it, but I thought I'd give it a try!

Flew by a Mondial on the highway today...almost stopped to tell him about the drive, but I couldn't be arsed!

See you all Sunday.
    :)

20. rivee

rivee F1 Rookie

Jan 20, 2002
    Nowhere important, USA
    Full Name:
    John
    Hello.

So what's the plan?

21. tvrfreak

tvrfreak F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Mar 31, 2003
    Arkansas
    Full Name:
    F K
    First page in this thread has the basic time plan, and top of this page details the drive. PM me your cell phone number and I can provide you with updates.

Best,
    Faisal.

PS. Sorry for not including you in the list of confirmed attendees.

22. Gary(SF)

Gary(SF) F1 Rookie

Oct 13, 2003
    Los Altos Hills, CA
    Full Name:
    Gary B.
    I'll meet you guys in Los Gatos (Silicon Valley Bentley) at 9:30, driving E46 M3.

Gary

23. rosslindell

rosslindell Rookie

Nov 9, 2003
    The big boss is due to be in attendence, to supervise of course.

24. ferraridriver

ferraridriver F1 Rookie

Aug 8, 2002
    Bay Area Calif.
    Full Name:
    Dave
    I'm still trying to make it, if the brake bleeding process will only work. I've run 8 pints through it and it's worse now than before. :(
    I got another 8 pints last night and will try again today.
    Anyone with a Ferrari tester out there? :)

The manual says something about the tester and opening solonoid valves. :confused:

My wife's leg is about wore out from pumping the brake pedal. :rolleyes:

I'm getting frustrated, but hope to make it Sunday. What's on about lunch at the Inn at Tres Pinos on #25

Dave Burch/355F1 (DAVES F1) :

25. Ferrari Fanatic

Ferrari Fanatic Formula 3

Apr 2, 2003
    SoCal
    Brakes are just an accesory correct? Dave, I really think that you will need a pressure bleeder to get the air out of the lines. I have heard of some luck using the pump/hold down/crack bleeder method, but not a lot.