Drive to Bodega Bay 03-01-08 | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Drive to Bodega Bay 03-01-08

Discussion in 'California & Nevada (Northern)' started by Prancing Horse, Mar 1, 2008.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. frankyferrari

frankyferrari Karting

Mar 17, 2007
    Bay Area, california
    Full Name:
    Frank Malek
    I know what ya'll are thinking - That's a face only a mother could love ;-) The background makes the photo ....

2. junior

junior Karting

Nov 4, 2003
    Merced, CA
    Full Name:
    Junior Aguilar
    Thank you Lydon and Jeff for setting this very nice drive with great people and cars.

Jr

3. OnTheLam

OnTheLam Formula Junior

Dec 2, 2007
    Looks like you all had an exceptional day -- good weather and quite a turnout. I missed you guys! I was down in Monterey diving with a good friend this weekend and we also had a great day, so don't feel sorry for me. I look forward to the next one!

Franky, I love your new car!

Justice

PS. Rumors that a black and white LP640 cannot co-exist and occupy the same space at the same time are simply untrue. While one is positively charged and the other negatively charged, the result is sparks and fireworks, not antimatter annihilation, so let's put that rumor to rest right now.

4. alexD

alexD F1 Rookie

Oct 1, 2006
    sunnyvale
    Full Name:
    alex d
    #29 alexD, Mar 2, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Without the motion shots, I'm just dead weight in Kevin's Elise (10% of the curb weight, to be exact) ;)

Maybe I can still help (sorta, haha)
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

5. MaterMech

MaterMech Formula Junior

Feb 26, 2007
    Los Gatos CA
    Full Name:
    Mark Johnson
    Shoot I missed another one. My car is in pieces right now as I am doing some paint and bodywork. Hopefully I can get out to play soon!!!

Mark

6. OneofMillions

OneofMillions Karting

Nov 8, 2007
    Toronto, Ont
    Full Name:
    Christian L.
    What an amazing drive. I didn't even know this was going on!!!

7. ginracer

ginracer Karting

Oct 27, 2006
    #32 ginracer, Mar 2, 2008
    Thanks to everyone that came out and making this a great event. It is always good to see old friends and meet new ones. Lyndon, you always amaze everyone with your organization with maps and Jeff for setting up the lunch spot with reserve parking. The group from Sacramento had a great time and thanks to everyone for their warm welcome. Claudio had a great time and he really enjoyed the drive. He said “that was one of the best drives I have been on in a long time”. That is saying something from a former test car driver for Lamborghini. It was too bad my clutch was starting to slip on the Diablo other wise he would have been driving that instead of the 348 spider. Here are few pictures from Sheila. We hit one spot on the road where she got airborne in the 993 turbo. It was a good thing we didn’t have lunch before. Until the next run, drive safe and have fun.

Ray

8. Itzkirb

Itzkirb F1 Veteran

Apr 30, 2005
    SF Bay Area
    Full Name:
    Kirby
    awesome turnout...

9. Prancing Horse

Prancing Horse Formula Junior

Nov 2, 2003
    Wow, I am honored! My trusty lead drivers Bryan and Justice were out doing other things so I took on the lead car duties. Had I known of Claudio's professional credentials, I would have happily traded places. Great seeing you Ray. We'll do it again soon.

Here's a vid of us (minus a few) - meandering down the coast.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ODmv8F7hG-E

10. sting168

sting168 Formula Junior

Oct 21, 2007
    Excellent video! Driving along the coast is always my favorite, will definitely make the next one.

sting

11. ginracer

ginracer Karting

Oct 27, 2006
    That's an awesome clip catching all the cars on the drive. Claudio was the test driver for Lamborghini before Balboni. They are good friends. He said you're a great leader on the drive. Making sure it was safe before standing on the accelerator and allowing everyone a chance to do the same. It's always good to see you as well. With good weather, let's plan on more drives. See you soon.

12. Artherd

Artherd F1 Veteran

Jun 19, 2002
    Bay Area, CA
    Full Name:
    Ben Cannon
    ginracer, that is very cool; I didn't get to spend much time with you guys, is Claudio a local?

At one point I saw north of 125mph, on highway 1, that's not a bad drive!

Lyndon, you did a great job as lead.

Best!
    Ben.

13. ginracer

ginracer Karting

Oct 27, 2006
    Hi Ben,

It is always nice to put a name and a face together. Claudio is from Orange County. He gets up to visit a couple times a year. He is the designer and builder of the Cizeta V16T. That is an incredible car. I am trying to get him to bring it up to Sacramento for the grand opening of my service shop (Mugello Motors). It would be cool if I can get the group to come up as well.

14. fabulso

fabulso Rookie

Mar 25, 2006
    Great meeting so many new friends and Laughing all day long!! Thanks to everyone for keeping it sane & participating. sorry the food was not too great, but the parking was sweeet & the participants is what it's all about. Sunday was spent at Sears Point with the 360 getting her 'work out', too. now I have two dirty Italian girls need bubble baths. such chores!

see you all soon,

Jeff

15. MrTheKid

MrTheKid Formula Junior

Nov 11, 2007
    CA
    Full Name:
    Jonny Pickens
    #40 MrTheKid, Mar 3, 2008
  16. Artherd

Artherd F1 Veteran

Jun 19, 2002
    Bay Area, CA
    Full Name:
    Ben Cannon
    I remember the Cizeta from Concorso, amazing car, always wondered what they are like on the road. When the time comes we should have a run to your shop for the grand opening!
    -Ben.

17. Stackhouse

Stackhouse F1 Rookie
    Consultant

Feb 14, 2004
    IN YOUR TRUNK
    Full Name:
    CT.. AKA Pimp Daddy
    Why Wait? Bring it to the Ranch for the BBQ!!!

18. MrTheKid

MrTheKid Formula Junior

Nov 11, 2007
    CA
    Full Name:
    Jonny Pickens
    #43 MrTheKid, Mar 4, 2008
  19. Artherd

Artherd F1 Veteran

Jun 19, 2002
    Bay Area, CA
    Full Name:
    Ben Cannon
    Nick, what exhaust do you have on your QP? Your soundtrack on this run was amazing!
    -Ben.

20. 90koenigTR

90koenigTR Formula Junior

Dec 6, 2004
    Northern California
    Full Name:
    I. P. Freely
    Looks like I missed another killer drive with you guys... I loved the side by side photos of the Diablo's on the GG bridge and of the parked Scaglieti's. Junior's TR in motion kicked butt too.