Drivers door won't lock | FerrariChat

Drivers door won't lock

Discussion in 'California/Portofino/Roma' started by nflpats, Nov 12, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. nflpats

nflpats Karting

Oct 7, 2017
    Full Name:
    Tobin Tracy
    Just noticed today that my driver's door won't lock. I pressed the lock button and can hear it clicking along with the alarm activating however I can still open the door. The passanger door locks. I tried using the key and still the same. Clicks but doesn't lock. Any suggestions?

2. mobinakhtar

mobinakhtar Karting

Jan 28, 2015
    Yes, give it an Italian tune-up. Happened frequently on my Maserati Coupe and they even had a battery master disconnect rotary switch for this reason. See my next post - its in the manual.

(Disconnect battery for 10 minutes and re-connect)

3. nflpats

nflpats Karting

Oct 7, 2017
    Full Name:
    Tobin Tracy
    Ok. I'l give it a try.

4. nflpats

nflpats Karting

Oct 7, 2017
    Full Name:
    Tobin Tracy
    I just disconnected the battery for 15 mins. Still the same. I just might be the door lock mechanism

5. nflpats

nflpats Karting

Oct 7, 2017
    Full Name:
    Tobin Tracy
    I removed the small rectangle rubber boot near the door lock and noticed that the round red piece was missing. Here is a pic with the piece intact Image Unavailable, Please Login

6. mobinakhtar

mobinakhtar Karting

Jan 28, 2015
  7. SVCalifornia

SVCalifornia Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 28, 2011
    Silicon Valley
    Full Name:
    Keith
    Part not sitting inside the door panel??

SV

8. nflpats

nflpats Karting

Oct 7, 2017
    Full Name:
    Tobin Tracy
    After looking at it closely, I think this red piece is only for the passenger side. I'm actually in the process of removing the door panel but I'm stuck on the last part. All screws and pop rivets are removed. The only problem is the top part. Seems as if somethibg is holding it together. I tried lifting up with no luck

9. mobinakhtar

mobinakhtar Karting

Jan 28, 2015
  10. nflpats

nflpats Karting

Oct 7, 2017
    Full Name:
    Tobin Tracy
    I just tool the photo from another unit. Mine is still on the car. I am still stumped on the final door removal. I cant get the top off. I thought it just pushes upwards. Seems to be stuck somewhere

11. nflpats

nflpats Karting

Oct 7, 2017
    Full Name:
    Tobin Tracy
    Door fixed!! I called my local indy mechanic and explained the problem. He said it could be a sensor but will have to take door trim off which could take some time. Since I already had a broken mirror switch, I decided to remove the panel myself and fix the broken tabs. The door removal took me 5 mins at most. Very easy job for anyone wanting to remove themselves. Just remove the side cover panel and all bolts will be exposed. Have to also remove the speaker grill (just pull off) to access the three bolts. There is also one bolt on the top round vent which just twists off. Anyway, after I fixed the broken tab on the mirror switch, I just disconnected and reconnect the main wire in the door Ecu. Just before I headed over to the mechanic I decided to see if the door would lock......and wouldn't you know it, it works. Just killed two birds with one stone. I was planning on taking photos and step by step instructions for the removal but it is self explanatory and would have taken more time than the actual removal.