Driving in the rain. | FerrariChat

Driving in the rain.

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by Bart, Feb 22, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Bart

Bart Formula 3

Nov 1, 2003
    Orange County, Calif
    Full Name:
    Bart
    As a Southern California driver, rain is fun. Most cars try but burn rubber and slided the wrong way. I love it. The nasty Porsche trys but fails. A few Corvettes fall to the back.

Bonzi!

My little beast loves it.

2. tvrfreak

tvrfreak F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Mar 31, 2003
    Arkansas
    Full Name:
    F K
    Heh, it was wet up here too. I took the TVR out and practiced sliding around in the big empty Cathay Pacific Cargo parking lot by the airport. I tried to end the slides with the car pointed in the right direction. Figured that out for the most part. Next was the switcheroo where you go from pointing in one direction to pointing in the other. There wasn't enough room and I came pretty close to a dumpster so I dropped that idea after a couple of weak attempts.

Back to the basic donut...I was just getting to the point where I could have it sideways for almost 360 degrees. I got a nice round of applause from the workers on break who came out. But then security showed up and I made a hasty exit out the other side.

3. 134282

134282 Four Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    LOL, you're a menace to society...! :)

4. Victory

Victory Formula Junior

Jan 28, 2004
    Wish I could have all that space to practice as well.

5. bobafett

bobafett F1 Veteran

Sep 28, 2002
    AH HA! I was just thinking about a place today where I could go and do the same. CSM's back lot, but too many obstructions. Should've realized all that space north of the airport is probably best.

Bart: you're not alone. I took the 550 out *because* it was wet today. :D

--Dan

6. Steve King

Steve King F1 Rookie

Feb 15, 2001
    NY
    Some day I'll take it out in the rain to see what it does. Maybe just before I sell it.

7. bobafett

bobafett F1 Veteran

Sep 28, 2002
    Bart: I think the 550 looks best in the rain. I must learn how to shoot decent photos...

--Dan

8. bluekawala

bluekawala Formula Junior

Jan 22, 2004
    Ormond Beach, FL
    Its so good to hear stories of those of you who use your cars (wet and dry)! Bravo to you if you use your car like a sports car, not an investment (a bad one I would imagine) or as garage jewlery, there are so many people with the means but sadly throw away the real experience of ownership for fear of "appearing" to act like a "teenager"!

Drive your car or sell it!

9. Willis360

Willis360 F1 Rookie

Aug 4, 2001
    Redmond, WA
    Full Name:
    Willis H
    What's a little rain?

Here are shelbee and me from a drive last year.

10. Willis360

Willis360 F1 Rookie

Aug 4, 2001
    Redmond, WA
    Full Name:
    Willis H
    A couple more wet weather pictures. These are from the club's Whistler run last year.