Driving roads in Atlanta city limits | FerrariChat

Driving roads in Atlanta city limits

Discussion in 'South Central - USA (TN, MS, AL, GA)' started by TheRarriInMe, Mar 21, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. TheRarriInMe

TheRarriInMe Karting

Jun 14, 2013
    How's it going Fchat. It's been a bit of a hiatus for me on the roads with my Fcar but that will change within the next two weeks. I'm wondering if you can help me find some new pavement to explore.

I've seen the multiple threads about North GA Mountain roads and will one day go. I'm curious to know of roads in Atlanta or just outside of the perimeter. One that comes to mind is State highway 166 between I-285 and I-85. Another is Highway 13 (@ end of Buford highway) between Lenox road and Spring St.

These are only 'short sprints' but a few runs down each is pretty cool but I'm looking for more. If you can think of any, please share.

Thanks

2. steved033

steved033 F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Apr 12, 2017
    Atlanta, GA
    Full Name:
    Steve D.
    I've got a couple pretty good loops out in West Cobb. I've been looking at the maps and have a few to explore even further west in Paulding County too.

What do you drive?

sjd

3. Doctor Mark

Doctor Mark Formula Junior

Dec 15, 2005
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Mark Gronsbell
    Dalrymple between Roswell Rd and Johnson Ferry. Lots of great curves.

4. Gatorrari

Gatorrari F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 27, 2004
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jim Pernikoff
    Parts of Mount Paran Road have some nice curves (and some beautiful houses). Also consider Heards Ferry Road. Speed limits are pretty low, however.

5. kaamacat

kaamacat Formula 3

Jun 13, 2004
    Cumming GA
    Full Name:
    BobR
    I've been putting together drives/maps for years now... 1/2day or full day... normally start GA400/X13 and can vary from the west by TalkingRock/Ellijay/BlueRidge and east as-far-as Pisgah Forest in NC. I avoid the typical traveled roads that all attract the wrong type
    of attention, but, can assure you these are outstanding drives. Feel free to PM me for a sample I can send, or, I'd be more than happy
    to do a Sunday drive (less traffic) in the future.

DefunctNeurons and steved033 like this.
  6. TheRarriInMe

TheRarriInMe Karting

Jun 14, 2013
    360 Modena SJD. Cobb, I was thinking Thornton Road north of I -20, but have seen a lot of law enforcement. What's roads in Cobb do you drive?

7. TheRarriInMe

TheRarriInMe Karting

Jun 14, 2013
    Ah Spalding Dr./Dalrymple. Thanks I'll try that one.

8. TheRarriInMe

TheRarriInMe Karting

Jun 14, 2013
    Up by the large church off I-75. Okay thanks

9. TheRarriInMe

TheRarriInMe Karting

Jun 14, 2013
    PM'd you

10. steved033

steved033 F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Apr 12, 2017
    Atlanta, GA
    Full Name:
    Steve D.
    Basically, things west of Kennesaw mountain, and South of Acworth. Old Stilesboro,

Now that my service is done, i'm going to explore out further into paulding. Seven hills connector, Old Cartersville toward Dallas, GA...

There's one called Brushy Mountain Road near Rockmart....

Image Unavailable, Please Login

Steve

11. Chadwick Ferrari

Dec 22, 2017
    Full Name:
    Chadwick
    I am in Milton and would love some ideas for my 458. Anywhere I can really open it up safely, or should I just go to AMP?

12. BT

BT F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 21, 2005
    FL / GA
    Full Name:
    Bill Tracy
    I have a route from Canton to Adairsville that has lots of fun roads. Mostly curvy, but there is one straight section with fenced fields on both sides where you could probably safely hit about 140 or so. Salacoa Road west of Waleska, Covington Bridge Road north of Fairmount, and McGill Mountain Road / Trimble Hollow Rd. just north and east of Adairsville are the highlights. Virtually nobody around these parts ever. The few times I have seen police, they just wave as I pass by.

:D
    BT

DefunctNeurons likes this.
  13. Gatorrari

Gatorrari F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 27, 2004
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jim Pernikoff
    It's a bit north of here, but GA-52 between Chatsworth and Ellijay is a largely undiscovered gem. The deal is that there are two roads between the two towns: GA-52 is the "high road" and US-76 is the "low road", and most common people take the latter, leaving 52 largely open to local residents - and sports cars! I've only taken it west to east but I suppose it's just as much fun the other way. If you time it right, you can have lunch in downtown Ellijay at the end of the run.

"I'll take the high road and you take the low road, and I'll get to Ellijay before ye....."

DefunctNeurons likes this.
  14. TheRarriInMe

TheRarriInMe Karting

Jun 14, 2013
    Thanks everyone for replying. I have one more question: Is anyone familiar with South Fulton Parkway and police/speed traps there? Two lanes in both directions looks promising!

Image Unavailable, Please Login

15. ATLdoghouse

ATLdoghouse Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 3, 2016
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Cody L
    steved033 likes this.
  16. steved033

steved033 F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Apr 12, 2017
    Atlanta, GA
    Full Name:
    Steve D.
  17. TheRarriInMe

TheRarriInMe Karting

Jun 14, 2013
    Thanks ATLdoghouse, will try that in the coming months.

Steve. I'll try that one this weekend

18. henryr

henryr Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 10, 2003
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Juan Sánchez Villa-L
    sandy springs pd loves that one

19. steved033

steved033 F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Apr 12, 2017
    Atlanta, GA
    Full Name:
    Steve D.
    It's not a time trial, for sure...but it is enjoyable. I'll probably run it on my way back from Caffeine and Exotics in a couple weeks.

sjd

20. Gatorrari

Gatorrari F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 27, 2004
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jim Pernikoff
    The upper left quadrant of this loop is the Chatsworth to Ellijay segment that I mentioned above. As I said, it's recommended!

DefunctNeurons and ATLdoghouse like this.
  21. Gatorrari

Gatorrari F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 27, 2004
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jim Pernikoff
    steved033 likes this.