Drogo 250 | Page 5 | FerrariChat

Drogo 250

Discussion in 'Vintage (thru 365 GTC4)' started by Simon, Sep 28, 2007.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. krasnavian

krasnavian Formula 3

Dec 24, 2003
    Los Angeles/Paris
    The Breadvan's nose underwent a transformation in the early 70s after Matthew Ettinger did a pirouette on one of the roads leading off of Malibu Canyon in Los Angeles. The nose raked across an embankment as the car spun and the battery flew out the back window. I went with Matthew to retrieve the car the next day with a flatbed trailer since it couldn't be driven. Repairs gave the front of the car an entirely new profile with the nose protruding much further than the original in addition to the air vents being proportioned differently. I'm told that the front end has been reconfigured recently to more closely resemble the original.

In spite of several misadventures with the Breadvan--Matthew almost took it off a cliff following me down a mountain road one night--he was very fastidious about the car. It was very well maintained and always spotless. On the other hand, it hadn't yet become the museum piece we see in the photographs posted here. I've driven it, followed it and watched it in my rear-view mirror; an utterly fascinating machine.

2. gte250

gte250 Karting

Feb 25, 2004
    Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Alwin Hietbrink
    About a year ago I restored the car for Mr. Werner to le mans 1962 shape. Nose and an dry sump filler cap (removed in the past)
    Car is now about 2" shorter then before I did the work. By help of many photos the complete (front) shape of the car is now correct as it once was. Nothing was done to the rear nor its rear fenders.

Best

Alwin Hietbrink