Dropped SVJ for more Ferrari | FerrariChat

Dropped SVJ for more Ferrari

Discussion in 'FF/Lusso' started by j09333, Apr 4, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. j09333

j09333 Formula 3

May 7, 2004
    I was tempted to buy SVJ. Even deposited 100K for it.
    Finally pulled off the deal partly because Lamborghini has less interest on my request and also because there are rumors of final version aventador which will damage the value of SVJ as well as the reputation of Lambo brand.
    They really should wake up and not make tons of variations.
    I totaly lost my interest of current generation Lambo at once.

I will focus more on Ferrari.
    Waiting for Pista spider production slot open.
    812 Spider is within the reach.
    Icona if I am selected will be a big step forward(but I might not be able to buy it for money reason)

I will try to get every possible v12s before Ferrari kills it.

Now I am getting old and things are changing too fast to catch up. I was under stress of buying every latest sports cars on the market with no reason. I woke up one day and thought car is just car not life. I should not waste any more energy on which car I should get. Money matters most and current price rise keeps me to be very careful of what I buy. This economic reason put stresses on me mostly. So, focusing on only one brand is a must first.

Also, I realize one more thing. I should not buy cars for collecting purpose. I should drive it. If the car survives long enough, then it will stay for long, but still not forever. Just by watching guys makes money on collector cars forced me to think I can be that guy but in reality, no way I can be that guy. Takes too much time and effort and I will be better off making money from what I do now then hope the car I am buying today will profit within 20 years lol. It is pointless.

So, for these 2 reasons, I give up any other car brands except Ferrari for now, and also, will not pursue Ferrari hyper by buying every car they make. It is already out of my reach. One 2 mil Icona and bunch of production run Ferraris to get 3 mil or even 4 mil F hyper....no way I will be that rich within 5 years sadly... lol...

Lets see how future turns out but I am sure I will put serious miles on 812 and 812 Spider, and I will track the XXXX out of Pista spider.

Hope Ferrari God take care of me :)

2. JTSE30

JTSE30 F1 Rookie

Oct 1, 2004
    Austin TX
    Considering that only 4,000 Aventadors were EVER going to be produced, I think you are making a safe assumption:

http://www.theworldslotteries.com/2011/06/30/lamborghini-aventador-lp700-4-2012/

https://www.drive.com.au/motor-news/lamborghini-aventador-full-details-20110602-1fhd1

from link above:
    FAST FACTS
    Lamborghini says it will only produce 4000 Aventadors, making it more exclusive than the Murcielago.

https://paultan.org/2011/03/10/lamborghini-aventador-production-run-capped-at-4000/

from link above:
    10 March 2011 10:37 am
    The Geneva superstar that is the Lamborghini Aventador will have a production run of maximum 4,000 units, according to Autocar UK. This figure is quite near to that of its predecessor; Lambo made 4,099 examples of the Murcielago.

The Aventador has a full monocoque made from carbon fibre, and according to factory sources, the CF moulds that are used to construct the monocoque can be used up to 500 times before they have to be replaced. Sant’Agata has set aside eight sets of monocoque moulds for the Aventador project which adds up to 4,000 units.

The carbon monocoque saves weight, helping the new supercar tip the scales at only 1,575 kg. It is powered by a new 6.5-litre V12 has 700 hp and 690 Nm. 0-100 km/h is done in 2.9 seconds while top speed is 350 km/h. It looks every inch the poster king too, click here to revisit our story on the Aventador.

Billionaires, catch the bull while you can!

well, this has been far exceeded

From July 18, 2018

https://www.motor1.com/news/253058/lamborghini-huracan-aventador-production-milestone/

With 8,000 Aventadors now on the road, the model's production has nearly doubled its predecessor, the Murcielago. Lambo ended production of that machine on May 11, 2010, after 4,099 of them left the factory.

3. 'Trust'

'Trust' Karting
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 31, 2012
    ^ that article says "according to Autocar UK", I don't see where Lamborghini said that? I've had 2 Aventadors, and when buying, no time did anyone ever suggest there was a limited run and they aren't numbered.

I'd agree with this approach though, Aventadors are all show, they drive awfully compared to anything else. They look aggressive, sound like a angry transformer, but the handling, braking, and transmission.. suck.

Twosherpaz likes this.
  4. j09333

j09333 Formula 3

May 7, 2004
    I had early one. The first year one. Suffered sudden engine stop and transmission failure. Also it rides like some ricer car the owner cut suspension spring short to make ride height low. Jerked and carbon fiber body couldn’t handle low frequency vibration well enough.

In short, far worse a car than lp640 was.

But lambo always had that special feeling around it. Lambo make you a small town star when you drive lol.

Anyway, some say, you buy Ferrari when you want to be someone, you buy Lambo when you are someone. WRONG!!!!!!!!

You buy Ferrari when you want to drive and you buy Lambo when you want to show off.

Well, it was like a love, me with Lambo. I loved it eventhough its shortcommings. All is gone now and I moved on.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

Twosherpaz and of2worlds like this.
  5. j09333

j09333 Formula 3

May 7, 2004
    I heard they had 3 molding from the start each withstand 3000 max production. 9000 was expected? Who knows...

6. JTSE30

JTSE30 F1 Rookie

Oct 1, 2004
    Austin TX
  7. dustman

dustman F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 12, 2007
    I backed off svj also. Not the last.

j09333 likes this.
  8. REALZEUS

REALZEUS F1 Veteran

Feb 16, 2011
    Bournemouth, UK
    So, one drops a car because it is not as rare as it was supposed to be? The actual car has nothing to do with it?

9. j09333

j09333 Formula 3

May 7, 2004
    #9 j09333, Apr 6, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 6, 2019
    ??

10. Twosherpaz

Twosherpaz Formula Junior

Feb 25, 2014
    Thermal, CA
    Full Name:
    Private
    I actually declined the SVJ and kept my SV. 500 SV versus 800 SVJ. Lighter with more aero in a heavy non-track car did not mean that much to me.

As others have said, Lambo Aventador is not a very good driving, shifting, turning, accelerating, or being able to see out of car, but it looks and sounds cool.

j09333 likes this.
  11. REALZEUS

REALZEUS F1 Veteran

Feb 16, 2011
    Bournemouth, UK
    The numbers say that the Aventador goes like stink. The original car was admittedly a bit unwieldy, but the rear wheel steering has fixed that. It is a big car, so it needs large roads, but that is to be expected.

12. dustman

dustman F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 12, 2007
    SVJ is the current baller car. And Ring record holder.
    Just not the best driver.
    I'd say the 488 is a better driver, but boring as heck.

So it depends what you want.

13. noone1

noone1 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jan 21, 2008
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Can't blame ya. The Aventador will definitely get a final, best-ever version.

Limited Lamborghinis really don't hold value well. The Murcie SV only ended up with like 200 cars, yet prices are about MSRP and we a lot lower than that for quite some time. 500 SV? 900 SVJ? Not a chance they hold value or appreciate, especially being that they aren't even going to be the best versions.

That said, the standard Aventaor from 2012 is only of the best looking exotics in recent memory and it sounds great. The SV and SVJ look way to over the top and lame IMO. The SVJ is ridiculous lookin, having what seems like more diffusers, vanes, and wings than even a race car. No thanks. Looks so dumb for a street car.

Mn-0127 likes this.
  14. dustman

dustman F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 12, 2007
    Got to poke around an SVJ 63 today, quite a wonderful bit of kit actually. And the wail of the v12 bouncing off the rev limiter is epic. The Performante may be louder and deeper with more pops but the v12 is more melodic.

The roadster version would be the keeper.

15. italiafan

italiafan F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 19, 2006
    Full Name:
    Stickbones Swagglesmith
    Drove my Speciale to a Lambo dealer to test drive a gorgeous AventadorS.
    What a joke.
    Got back in my Speciale and smiled....now that is a high-performance exotic designed to be driven at the limit, not a piece of visual eye candy only.

Mn-0127 and Twosherpaz like this.
  16. dustman

dustman F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 12, 2007
    It’s just eye candy, but such good candy.

Unless it’s the svj and then it’s a record holder.

17. richigga

richigga Rookie

Sep 27, 2017
    Full Name:
    MC
    Ferrari is the wife and lambo is the mistress.