F8 - Drove the F8...really really want to love it, but.... | Page 9 | FerrariChat

F8 Drove the F8...really really want to love it, but....

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by Ngcanada, Jun 27, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Jim Rocheford

Jim Rocheford Rookie

Apr 24, 2020
    Full Name:
    j rocheford
    Great story, thanks for posting. Ive been an avid 911 guy for years and labored over the same thing with Ferrari. I ended up with a 488 spider (Capristo + Tune) and kept the GT3. I suggest you take the money you saved by not buying the F8 and get a GT3 and keep the 458!! ...and Good luck telling your wife! lol

IloveGT and tomc like this.
  2. Graz

Graz Formula 3

Oct 15, 2012
    New Jersey and Florida
    Full Name:
    Graziano
    Angelo with all due respect, that's nonsense. It's not the bow its the Indian, meaning the cars aren't getting old. The people owning them are getting lazy. If you don't care for something it definitely will get tarnished, that goes for cars, boats, bikes and relationships ;)

3. JackCongo

JackCongo Formula Junior
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 22, 2006
    Full Name:
    Jacques
    ICE non existent in 5 years from now? Where do you think it will happen ?
    Just no way!
    California isn’t the whole world...

jim g, Monsieur Yoge, mdrums and 3 others like this.
  4. Coincid

Coincid F1 Rookie

Dec 9, 2014
    Canada
    All super cars are going hybrid starting in the next 2 years. Ferrari SF 90, Aventador and Huracan replacement by 2022/3, next McLaren replacement for 765 etc. The pure electric vehicles shortly thereafter.

5. italiafan

italiafan F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 19, 2006
    Full Name:
    Stickbones Swagglesmith
    And yet...amazingly...”lowly” Chevy will be putting out a NA flat-plane crank Z06 in 2022 with great looks, quality interior, latest technology, and blistering performance all for < $120K (price is my very educated guess).

6. MANDALAY

MANDALAY F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

May 23, 2013
    AUSTRALIA
    Full Name:
    ANGELO

Completely agree with you . Havent seen a garage queen 458 ever. They are all driven

Terrence likes this.
  7. MANDALAY

MANDALAY F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

May 23, 2013
    AUSTRALIA
    Full Name:
    ANGELO

IIRC Ireland 2030 ?

8. Need4Spd

Need4Spd F1 Veteran

Feb 24, 2007
    Silicon Valley
    Lol. Mine has plenty of that!

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

9. plastique999

plastique999 F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 9, 2008
    SoCal
    Full Name:
    Edward
    Curious what mods you’ve done to it?
    I just drove mine to work today and yes it is fast!

Sent from my 16M

10. Terrence

Terrence Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 15, 2004
    Hawaii/LA
    Full Name:
    Terrence
    All electric? Hybrid? Did GM and Ford get the memo? I guess they are not considered super car makers. Even better. From the money I will not spend on the super hybrids from Europe, I will go buy 4 or 5 American gas guzzlers! And keep my. Current ICE European cars. Win, win!

11. Carnut

Carnut F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 3, 2003
    Gladwyne PA
    Full Name:
    Morrie
    There are quite a few companies that do some crazy stuff for the AMG, but they can be pretty extreme. If you cannot handle the car stock without the nannies on, you might end up wrapped around a tree with over 100 HP more. Open Flash has something easily reversible. For me the scarier the car is the more I get something out of driving it. As I have said when I can no longer handle these cars, these cars will be gone. They do nothing for me driving them like a Camry.

12. nickorette

nickorette Formula Junior

Jun 19, 2017
    Canada
    I rented a 991.2 C2S to hit some winding mountain roads outside Barcelona. The looks and interior was nice, good steering feel for electric and good communication. But I felt like the shifting was too smooth, often the only indication you changed gear was just what the instruments were saying. Exhaust was wheezy, flatulent and one dimensional. The engine while having lots of low down torque, gasses out early and then feels like a struggle towards the redline. You don't have any motivation to power through the gears. To me the 991.1 or a GT3 would be a much more compellingly proposition, the turbo engine taking away too much from what I enjoy about driving

13. mdrums

mdrums Formula 3

Jun 11, 2006
    Tampa FL
    Carrera cars are much softer, smoother than GT3 cars. I have had a few Carrera GTS and GT3 cars in 991. Carrera based cars have a totally different suspension geometry and parts and PDK is different than GT3. Put a nice exhaust on a Turbo S and it's not that bad...not as nice as a 488 or Pista...Ferrari Turbo cars and McLarens sound better than a Porsche Turbo. A Porsche Turbo S pulls HARD to redline and shifts harder than the regular Carrera S. The GTS Carrera drives more sporty than Carrera S too.

14. Brian L

Brian L Formula 3

Jun 17, 2015
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Brian
    A lot of high HP cars are terrible in the corners, and just not cool at all

And too big is a thing lol

Goldilocks had it right ...

Natkingcolebasket69 likes this.
  15. Brian L

Brian L Formula 3

Jun 17, 2015
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Brian
    Actually he made a car point that's legit. No need to be rude because you think you're funny.

16. SoCal to az

SoCal to az F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    I don’t think I’m funny. I am funny. And thanks for reviving an old post that serves no purpose whatsoever.

17. Cigarzman

Cigarzman F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Image Unavailable, Please Login
    Funny how ?

18. IloveGT

IloveGT Formula 3
    BANNED

Oct 17, 2015
    There is another thing that cannot be too big too! what is it?

19. Ngcanada

Ngcanada Formula Junior

May 16, 2016
    Ottawa Canada
    Just an update...I could not convince my self to get a 2020 Tributo and decided on a 2019 812SF...this should satisfy the aural urges and excitement that I was looking for if I sold my 458. This car should be home in a few weeks as we are arranging logistics. I am very excited to experience this car as I just wanted to love the F8 and couldn't.

20. buddyg

buddyg F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 20, 2004
    West Michigan
    Full Name:
    Buddy
    Congrats that’s a fantastic car I am sure you will love it. I would love to add a V12 Ferrari at some point but I also love my F8! I wouldn’t trade it for a V12 that is just my .02 cent opinion.

Texas2step, Coincid and jm2 like this.
  21. wrs

wrs F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 11, 2015
    Lakeway, Texas
    Full Name:
    William
    I just watched DragTimes video of the F8 destroying the 992 Turbo S cab in a drag race. Cab does 10.3 @135 and F8 ran 10.1 @142 using Toyos on the rear. That's the equalizer for 60ft time, after that little lead the Turbo S gets out of the hole, the F8 walks it. Pretty impressive for a Ferrari in the quarter. Obviously Ferrari got sick of seeing Drag Time videos where the cars only do like 10.8 because the launch control seems better than what I had in my 488 and on my 812.

Pis7a2020, SECRET and jm2 like this.
  22. Dicecal

Dicecal Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 15, 2015
    Phoenix, AZ
    Full Name:
    Rob
    I just drove an 812 this past week. Took my F8 up there to compare the drives. I actually expected to like the 812 better, but the mid engine cars offer a much better driving experience for me. 812 is definitely more comfortable, has a really long nose. Overall I liked the F8 much better.

Coincid and buddyg like this.
  23. buddyg

buddyg F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 20, 2004
    West Michigan
    Full Name:
    Buddy
    F8 is freaking fast!

ScottS, Cigarzman and wrs like this.
  24. jm2

jm2 F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Aug 19, 2002
    michigan
    Full Name:
    john
    Somehow, using the words ‘drag race’ & Ferrari in the same sentence strikes me as an oxymoron.o_O
    And I’m an old drag racer! :eek:

of2worlds and wrs like this.
  25. harrish1985

harrish1985 Formula Junior

Jun 17, 2016
    Miami, FL
    Not sure if this is relevant but I'll tell you going from an Aventador to the F8 Spider is night and day. The F8 is light years ahead and sparked the emotional sense many seek. The car is effortless and continues with no end in sight. It just felt more "fun" and more "capable." The Aventador will for sure give you more attention but that's not why I bought it nor is it what I seek from the F8. I picked Blu Electrikko on a white alcantara interior and I think that combo is perfect to give it the perfect exotic look without screaming look at me.