F8 - Drove the F8 | Page 3 | FerrariChat

F8 Drove the F8

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by BlueFerrari458, Nov 24, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Gh21631

Gh21631 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2011
    East
    It shouldn't be that much, your 488 spider should still be worth about 250K in trade and the F8 prices out around 350K depending on options. Regardless, I still dont think it would be worth it at least for me. $50K is another story.

Cigarzman likes this.
  2. Cigarzman

Cigarzman F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

I think that’s hopeful wishing at 250k , only time will tell. I put miles on my cars because life is too short. Best ,Kirk.
    Ps. Don’t sell your Pista it’s a gorgeous color combo.

Gh21631 likes this.
  3. PA Wolfpacker

PA Wolfpacker Formula Junior

Aug 19, 2007
    Naples, FL
    Full Name:
    Neil
    My dealer quoted me $260 on my ‘17 Spider in April. MSRP was ~$340K and was Red/tan with 3,600 miles. Was able to get $275 from a non-Ferrari dealer.

Gh21631 likes this.
  4. rlips

rlips Formula Junior

Jul 29, 2011
    New Jersey, USA
    Had an extended test drive Saturday, both highway, city and a nice bit of abandoned parking lot;). Drove with manatino in sport all the way to cst off. There may have been some side slip involved, but I won’t confirm or deny that;)

As compared to my Pista:

Positives:
    Superior Interior display and electronics

Much less road / tire noise, would be a much better choice for daily or distance driving

Negatives:

Car Balance feels more rear biased, on initial turn in, it feels, relative to the Pista, that the front and rear are disconnected from each other.

Turn in is much less sharp, the front end is sloppy. Again, that’s relative to the Pista and my impression is that much of that is the difference in tires.

Under heavy acceleration, the Car exhibits more squat. I recall my 488 GTB doing the same thing. The Pista is much more flat. My guess is different spring rates.

So...to me, its a very nicely updated 488 GTB. Relative to the Pista, the dynamics of this car are much less sharp.

Styling, of course, is subjective. To me it looks great. I’m probably going to skip this model.

Cheers,

Ron

5. Melvok

Melvok F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jul 25, 2008
    Amersfoort, The Netherlands, Europe.
    Full Name:
    Mel
    Let's wait for more driving experiences here please :)

Gh21631 likes this.
  6. Gh21631

Gh21631 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2011
    East
    I just saw this and thought it might be interesting to some.

Caeruleus11 likes this.
  7. Solid State

Solid State F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Feb 4, 2014
    Full Name:
    Maximus Decimus Meridius
    Could be interesting to local law enforcement. :)

8. RoyalPink

RoyalPink Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

Mar 18, 2019
    Southern Utah
    Full Name:
    John D.
    Those start up revs sounded strangled.

9. Coincid

Coincid F1 Rookie

Dec 9, 2014
    Canada
    The video puts to rest the issue of reving to 8K. Sound inside the cabin is pretty satisfying.

10. Gh21631

Gh21631 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2011
    East
    Not bad at all. Funny how he pointed out how high the car sits, that was one of the first things that caught my eye. Lowering it a bit and replacing the wheels will really set it off IMO. Perhaps some sportier suspension to tighten it up as well. The power is certainly there.

11. Coincid

Coincid F1 Rookie

Dec 9, 2014
    Canada
    The dealer advised that they will lower the car 1" when it arrives at the dealership. I asked this as soon as I saw the car in person.

of2worlds and Gh21631 like this.
  12. Gh21631

Gh21631 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2011
    East
    I would consider the F8 with the mods I mentioned, it will make for a great semi daily super car.

Coincid likes this.
  13. Dicecal

Dicecal Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 15, 2015
    Phoenix, AZ
    Full Name:
    Rob
    I finally get to drive the car next week, I’m assuming the race mode will be more than stiff enough for me..but will withhold judgement on the suspension till after the drive. The “upgraded” forged wheels are growing on me and look OK in my view, but I ordered my car with the standard wheels and have just about decided on the HRE P107sc wheel for the car. Lowering is the easy part.

Gh21631 likes this.
  14. SoCal to az

SoCal to az F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    I like the standard wheels better. Im driving it also next week. You going to the reveal party Rob? the 10th?

15. Dicecal

Dicecal Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 15, 2015
    Phoenix, AZ
    Full Name:
    Rob
    Yes I will be there, looking forward to it! Any chance your car is gonna show up that week?

16. SoCal to az

Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    I dont know if it has cleared port yet. If it did, I would imagine they can truck it over in a week or so but I'm not holding my breath. I think it will probably be end of next week but again, no clue. It would be epic if they had it in the showroom the night of the party. :)

17. Dicecal

Dicecal Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 15, 2015
    Phoenix, AZ
    Full Name:
    Rob
    OK my test drive is locked in for the 11th at 2pm, I’ll look for you at the reveal on the 10th!

SoCal to az likes this.
  18. Avia11

Avia11 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 21, 2017
    San Diego, CA
    Driving the F8 this Friday, can't wait! Idk if I should consider replacing my 458 with the F8 or just keep the 458 and get an F12... clearly first world problems but its always nice to spec a car to your liking...

19. SoCal to az

Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    Ok- thx for the reminder. I just booked my test drive for the afternoon of the 11th. Im tied up all day 12th and 13th. See you on the 10th evening. Doubtful my car will be here but fingers crossed.

20. Dicecal

Dicecal Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 15, 2015
    Phoenix, AZ
    Full Name:
    Rob
    Agreed, and thats the biggest reason I moved on an F8 over a 488. As many of the 488s on the market, there was always something that I didn’t quite like or would have done something different. Couldn’t pass on my own spec...

21. MANDALAY

MANDALAY F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

May 23, 2013
    AUSTRALIA
    Full Name:
    ANGELO

That's crazy on the road

22. Gh21631

Gh21631 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2011
    East
    In Florida you get run over if you arent driving 85 in a 60 but yes a bit aggressive for the street.

23. RoyalPink

RoyalPink Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

Mar 18, 2019
    Southern Utah
    Full Name:
    John D.
    I don't own a Ferrari. Hoping the third time is a charm. I'm scheduled to drive one this Saturday at Towbin Ferrari in Las Vegas. I looked for over a year and gave up on a 458. I could not find a spec I wanted. It was always it has this but not that. I didn't want to compromise. I was close on a 488 but wasn't feeling it. So I got a 2019 Huracan instead. I also have a 2019 GT3 RS which is a keeper for now. It will take a lot to pry the Huracan out of my hands but I'm willing to if I feel it in the F8. I really want to. We'll see. I have several concerns that can only be addressed in the flesh and with a proper drive. I realize the F8 is faster than both. But it's not necessarily about the 0-60 to me. I will report back with a detailed opinion once I drive it this weekend. Can't wait.

of2worlds and tomc like this.
  24. Caeruleus11

Caeruleus11 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 11, 2013
    I think you will enjoy the car a lot. They did a great job. I would like to suggest you don't change the suspension until you've lived with it for a bit. I know it looks a bit high, but they've always been doing advanced things with the suspension, the 488 took it to another level, where they are even adjusting individual dampers on the fly in order to help you maintain the best contact patch. I would imagine they have continued this- and perhaps more- with the F8.

of2worlds and Coincid like this.
  25. Gh21631

Gh21631 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2011
    East
    The stock suspension is adjustable, it wont hurt anything. Street cars are setup mostly for roads rather than track but you can have the best of both with some tuning. I would rip the stick suspension out though unless tracking.

Caeruleus11 likes this.