Dry Ice Under Carriage Cleaning | FerrariChat

Dry Ice Under Carriage Cleaning

Discussion in 'Northwest' started by timr, Nov 3, 2022.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. timr

timr Formula Junior

Sep 24, 2006
    Seattle Washington
    Full Name:
    Tim
    Looking for a local PNW (Seattle) resource for dry ice under carriage cleaning. Does anyone have a resource or recommendation. Thank you and apologies if I missed it someplace on fchat.
    Tim

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

2. geddy2112

geddy2112 Rookie

Jul 6, 2007
    PNW
    Hi Tim,

The only two I’m currently aware of in the area that specialize in doing automotive are Cryomode in Woodinville and Park Place in Bellevue. I believe they are both relatively new to dry ice blasting. I have heard good things about the Cryomode guys from when they were doing it up in Snohomish.

No personal experience with either company in regards to this, but was planning to have the underside of my 328 done prior to rebuilding the suspension.

3. flash32

flash32 F1 Veteran

Aug 22, 2008
    Central NJ
    Full Name:
    Dominick
    Just a note i have seen this done on a 512tr (not mine) and it removed the rust proofing brownish /black coating .. just a fyi .. i am not a fan of doing that...like to keep as close to factory as possible...maybe consider doing it but avoid the frame rails if it has that coating ??

Sent from my moto g power using Tapatalk

4. timr

timr Formula Junior

Sep 24, 2006
    Seattle Washington
    Full Name:
    Tim
    @flash32 @getty2112 thank you, I am actually looking for another car, landcruiser. However, the insights are super helpful! Thanks.
    Tim

5. timr

timr Formula Junior

Sep 24, 2006
    Seattle Washington
    Full Name:
    Tim
    @geddy2112 thanks, sorry for the typo

6. SeattleStew

SeattleStew Formula Junior
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Apr 10, 2020
    In the rain
    Full Name:
    Stew
    Cryomode is run by a couple enthusiasts, and though it’s new, I would trust sending my cars there. I’ve known Scott (one of the owners) for 7-8 years now. He’s a good honest guy, and he runs a tow company as well that’s been towing my cars for a couple years now.

timr likes this.
  7. GaryReed

GaryReed F1 Rookie

Feb 9, 2002
    Seattle
    Full Name:
    Gary
    Griot's Motors (A division of Griot's Garage) in Tacoma, also does dry ice cleaning. www.griotsmotors.com

8. timr

timr Formula Junior

Sep 24, 2006
    Seattle Washington
    Full Name:
    Tim
    @GaryReed Thanks Gary! Happy holidays.
    Tim

GaryReed likes this.