Ducati finally got it right | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Ducati finally got it right

Discussion in 'Motorcycles & Boats' started by FerrariF50lover, Mar 11, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. FLORIDAsnakeEyes

FLORIDAsnakeEyes Formula 3

Jul 7, 2015
    Sarasota, Florida
    Full Name:
    OC
    That's literally the last time they made good bikes imo. I'm with a lot of other ppl here with bad ergos and heat issues.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

2. GeeDubb

GeeDubb Rookie

Jan 25, 2019
    Full Name:
    Glen Williams
  3. FerrariF50lover

FerrariF50lover Formula 3

Aug 12, 2005
    Ohio
    Full Name:
    Nate
    Incredible! Whats the desmo like?

4. GeeDubb

GeeDubb Rookie

Jan 25, 2019
    Full Name:
    Glen Williams
    Great sound, great look, feels special - but truth be known its not a great road bike !. Looks pretty good sitting our my lounge though :)

5. GuyIncognito

GuyIncognito Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 30, 2007
  6. blackbolt22

blackbolt22 F1 Veteran

Sep 25, 2007
    Boca Raton, FL
    Full Name:
    Mr. Anderson
    So I'm not trolling this thread , but I have more info on ergonomics of the new bikes.

I found myself in Greenville SC at the BMW/Ducati dealer before we went on a ride on the tail of the dragon. This was 6 weeks ago. My buddy had a problem with one of his BMWs we were taking to the mountains. I chatted with a young man who worked at the dealership. We were talking about the new V4 R in the showroom. I told him of my woes regarding Ducati. He agreed 100%. He had recently ridden the bike in question for a photo/ video shoot for the dealership. He was miserable.

It was the best looking bike I have ever seen though. Amazing actually. He agreed but said he wouldn't own one as he's over 20 years younger than me.

Moral of the story. Test ride before purchase. I'm not being a hater. Public service announcement only.

7. GeeDubb

GeeDubb Rookie

Jan 25, 2019
    Full Name:
    Glen Williams
    I find the Panigale pretty comfy, the Desmo not so much !

Sent from my SM-G935F using FerrariChat.com mobile app

8. John B

John B Formula 3

May 27, 2003
    NJ
    I just picked up my new Streetfighter V4S and have put about 250 miles on it so far. Keeping with the theme of this thread though, I have to say they knocked it out of the park with that bike! It's riding position is very comfortable, it's light and nimble, and the brakes are great. It's essentially a naked Panigale with handlebars and lower rear sets. It has all the electronics of the Panigale; Traction control, wheelie control, slide control, even launch control. Also electronically adjustable suspension. While I wasn't enamored with it's looks initially in pictures, 208 HP got me over that hump. in real life though its looks have grown on me. Oh yeah, I forgot to mention one last thing, its FAAST!

Prior I had both a Panigale 1199 (twin) for performance and a monster 1200R (twin) as a more comfortable bike to hop on for a quick ride. The new Streetfighter effectively fills both functions for me in a single shot.