Dumbest thing you ever did in your Ferrari. | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Dumbest thing you ever did in your Ferrari.

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by Chiaroman, Jul 1, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. writerguy

writerguy F1 Veteran

Sep 30, 2003
    NewRotic
    Full Name:
    Otto
    #26 writerguy, Jul 2, 2004
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  2. ryalex

ryalex Two Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Aug 6, 2003
    Las Vegas, NV
    Full Name:
    Ryan Alexander
    That's hilarious! So bittersweet.

3. tesseract

tesseract Karting

Dec 24, 2003
    Charlotte, NC
    Full Name:
    Jeff W.
    or hung onto them for seven years and been out $10,000.

4. bernardo66

bernardo66 The Crazy Cat Man
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 14, 2003
    Montreal Canada
    Full Name:
    Bernie
    Trying to engage the reverse gear while the car was moving forward ever so slightly....GRRRRIIIIIIIIND, CRUNCH!!!!!!!!

5. SkizoACE

SkizoACE Formula Junior

Mar 24, 2004
    Houston
    Full Name:
    Thomas
    The dumbest thing I did was take my dads 360 out when he was gone. I did a nice curb job on his drivers side rear wheel. When I told him he lit my asss up.

6. normhuff

normhuff Formula Junior

Dec 14, 2003
    Peoria, IL
    Full Name:
    J. Norman Huff, Esq.
    Garage space is tight, so I hang one of my old yellow bathrobes over the passenger door to prevent it from getting bumped and dinged. One time I took the car out and got the usual stares and finger points, but when I came back from my short trip I saw a familiar-looking yellow blob at the side of the road. I was amazed the thing stayed on the side of the car for a couple miles before finally falling off. Of course, I stopped and picked it up...

7. SefacHotRodder

SefacHotRodder F1 World Champ

Dec 20, 2003
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Chris
    Ouch! Was it badly damaged?

Damn, that must have sucked. Just watching it all happen and feeling helpless...sorry about that....at least you don't have to pay to fix it

8. Darolls

Darolls F1 Veteran
    BANNED

Jul 2, 2003
    Full Name:
    Sparky
    And it happened in the town next door to you, Palatine IL.

9. Darolls

Darolls F1 Veteran
    BANNED

Jul 2, 2003
    Full Name:
    Sparky
    How true....I still have to laugh about it.

When I felt the impact, my stomach dropped like I was on a roller coaster. When I got out of the car, everyone was laughing and I couldn't understand why, until I saw the other car I hit.

Actually, 2 Ferraris in an accident, and the same person owns both of them; how many times has that ever happened?? I had to start laughing too.

Ed was just happy that it wasn't one of his other customers car I backed into!

10. TestShoot

TestShoot F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 1, 2003
    Beverly Hills
    dumbest thing i ever did in a ferrari was sell it.

11. GearHead

GearHead Karting

Jan 3, 2004
    Dumbest thing I ever did was buy a 308QV without getting a PPI.

Smartest thing I ever did was spend the next 12 hours with the car up on jackstands in my garage, and going through all the paperwork like a grime-covered detective, discovering all the misrepresentations the seller made to me. And then calling him at 7:00 a.m. (after working on the car and paperwork all night without sleep) to get him to take the car back!

12. WJHMH

WJHMH Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 5, 2001
    Panther City, Texas
    Full Name:
    WJHMH
    When I worked at a shop in Houston, my right elbow would make contact with the parking light switch on the 328's, the next morning when I came into work to move the car & the battery was dead & the car would not turn over. I was looking for loose grounds, starter problems, typical electrical Ferrari mayhem, etc... This went on for a couple of days until I got the hint.