Dupont Children's Hospital Prom--4/22/17-I need your help again! :) | Page 3 | FerrariChat

Dupont Children's Hospital Prom--4/22/17-I need your help again! :)

Discussion in 'Mid-Atlantic Region - USA (PA, DE, MD, DC, VA)' started by JoeZaff, Feb 6, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. psugold

psugold Rookie

Nov 4, 2011
    Hey guys, I will be joining the ride along with a few others from a local Audi group. Some of you I have met at West Chester Cars and Coffee too. Looking forward to a great event once again. Blue S4 here, and a few others will be joining the group. See you there!

2. pnicholasen

pnicholasen Formula 3

Jan 14, 2011
    South of Philly
    Full Name:
    Paul Nicholasen
    What time do we need to be there? 5:15, or earlier than that?

3. Alxlee

Alxlee F1 Rookie

Apr 8, 2002
    Wilmington, DE
    Full Name:
    Alex Lee
    If you have not already done so, please send a PM to Joe Zaff or me with your full name, date of birth, and state of residence (licensing state). This is required as part of the new security protocols implemented by the hospital.

I am planning to get there around 4:30, as long as you are there before 5:15 we should be good.

Dinner arrangements have been made at Two Fat Guys Greenville for those who expressed interest.

4. psugold

psugold Rookie

Nov 4, 2011
    My info has already been sent, so good to go. Looking like it may rain though now too, not too happy about that. Was looking forward to a nice day for all involved, cars and kids. As of yesterday it was supposed to be a nice day, so much for the weather being correct. This event is rain or shine I assume too, right? I will be there no matter what, still a great event, but damn the weather!

5. Alxlee

Alxlee F1 Rookie

Apr 8, 2002
    Wilmington, DE
    Full Name:
    Alex Lee
    Great, yes, it is rain or shine!

6. swexlin

swexlin Formula 3

Dec 3, 2010
    West Chester, PA
    Full Name:
    Scott
    I'm still in...but....if it's raining steady and still this temp (mid 50s) I'll be bringing the Ram. Pirelli Corsas + rain +55 degrees +600 lb/ft torque can make for interesting traction in the Viper. And I don't want to take a chance, especially with a kid in the car.

So, if some kids want to go in the truck (if I bring it) then fine, if not, I'm still there to help organize and keep things moving. I'm done this enough years to be able to help out!

7. Vita Bella

Vita Bella Rookie

Nov 4, 2012
    Rockville, MD
    I am sorry, but must drop out. It is a steady downpour here in Maryland. My cup 2 tires are deadly in rain and temperatures at 50 degrees. So bummed that I have to miss this event AGAIN!

8. Alxlee

Alxlee F1 Rookie

Apr 8, 2002
    Wilmington, DE
    Full Name:
    Alex Lee
    ***UPDATE***

Hello Everyone,
    Again, thank you for participating, we truly cannot do this without your generosity!
    Some last minute updates:

We have approximately 31 prom goers that we will be transporting today.

Getting there:
    Ursuline Academy 1106 Pennsylvania Ave, Wilmington, DE 19806
    Corner of Pennsylvania Avenue and North Franklin Street (One way)

Park on N Franklin Street, there will be No Parking signs on the street to provide an area for us to stage. We will be picking up kids from the horseshoe driveway in front of the school.

9. Alxlee

Alxlee F1 Rookie

Apr 8, 2002
    Wilmington, DE
    Full Name:
    Alex Lee
    Correction, 31 kids PER run...about 100 kids!

10. Alxlee

Alxlee F1 Rookie

Apr 8, 2002
    Wilmington, DE
    Full Name:
    Alex Lee
    [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=anK21lP18rU[/ame]

11. swexlin

swexlin Formula 3

Dec 3, 2010
    West Chester, PA
    Full Name:
    Scott
    I saw that on the news this morning. Thanks for posting. And thanks to everyone who participated, despite the rainy cold weather. Special thanks to event organizers Joe Zaff and Alex Lee. It's a lot to coordinate!

12. Alxlee

Alxlee F1 Rookie

Apr 8, 2002
    Wilmington, DE
    Full Name:
    Alex Lee
    Thanks Scott, thank you for all of your help as well!

13. WOC

WOC Rookie

Feb 3, 2017
    West Chester, PA
    Full Name:
    Wm. OConnell
    There were a bunch of happy kids last night, even in the rain riding in the fleet of great cars that showed up made the day for many.

Nice to see that a fair amount of folks were more concerned with the kids then getting their toys wet and who was the guy in the yellow R8 with the top down? Oh, right, that was me :) and it was at the young ladies request I might add.

Alex did a great job of juggling the cars given the crowded streets and the aforementioned rain.

Again, Great Job everyone.

14. JoeZaff

JoeZaff F1 Veteran
    Owner

Aug 5, 2007
    Philly suburbs
    Full Name:
    Joe
    I want to thank all of you for your generosity with your time and your cars. It made a world of difference to the kids in this difficult time in their young lives.

I also want to thank Alex Lee for taking the reigns yesterday as I was out of town. I can't even begin to tell you how much all of us appreciate all of your efforts. To that end, I think we all need to tip our hats to the folks at RDS automotive.
    They never hesitate to come out full force whenever there is something that can be done for the kids.

Finally, I want to thank Rob F. for driving my i8 at the event in my absence...

As I stated in my initial post, my firm committed to donating $1000 to the hospital if we made this a viable event plus an additional $25.00 for every car that brought a video camera. Alex tells me 13 of you brought cameras.

Accordingly, my firm is donating $1300.00 to the hospital.

You guys are just amazing!

15. Alxlee

Alxlee F1 Rookie

Apr 8, 2002
    Wilmington, DE
    Full Name:
    Alex Lee
    Also have to give a big hand to Steve Norton for his help, especially running the check ins and ensuring our last minute additions had their info passed on to the hospital per their requirements!

16. AlanRS

AlanRS Formula Junior

Jan 3, 2009
    DE
    Awesome work Joe, Alex and Steve!

17. Alxlee

Alxlee F1 Rookie

Apr 8, 2002
    Wilmington, DE
    Full Name:
    Alex Lee
  18. E60 M5

E60 M5 Moderator
    Moderator Owner

Jan 2, 2006
    Wash DC area
    Full Name:
    Robert
    Sticky removed, thanks to all that participated !

19. 2002 Silver-V

2002 Silver-V Karting

Apr 30, 2005
    Delaware
    Full Name:
    Steve N.
    Big thanks to everyone that came out. I've been really busy at the office. I'll try and get the pics I took up by the end of the week.

-Steve