Dutchies...reunite | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Dutchies...reunite

Discussion in 'Europe' started by ForzaFerrari, Nov 3, 2003.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. bert308

bert308 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 30, 2002
    Roermond Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Bert Kanters
    You're welcome, and bring the Dino! Next weekend will be ok, and after 14th dec I have 3 weeks holiday. Do you know my green Sud, it is often parked at the trainstation tunnel, Maria Theresialaan.

edit: the Suds' rear wheel was just testfitting the old 16inch F.wheel. Could be another project to adapt them to the Sud but to much other things so I sold those wheels.

2. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Formula Junior

Apr 17, 2003
    Groningen
    Full Name:
    Bob Hagendijk
    Sorry, can't go then...
    Maybe next time at Munsterhuis, because a lot of people are from that area

3. riconijhof

riconijhof Formula Junior

Aug 22, 2003
    The Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Rico Nijhof
    Ok, I'll be in on any date, prefer next week though.
    Hope you don't mind my age, lol

4. Dino 208gt4

Dino 208gt4 F1 World Champ

Jun 24, 2003
    European Union
    Full Name:
    Roel
    @TOM
    Yes I am from Roermond

@BERT
    Yes I know the Sud. I was one of the guys who organized the racingtrack days at the Baarlo circuit. There we had great times in the past.
    I have seen you driving the 308 a few time in the city and I know your website.
    Maybe you remember me, I was one of the guys who had the "loods" in Swalmen with all those Alfa's in it.
    Cioa,
    Roel

5. Jurgen

Jurgen Rookie

Nov 13, 2003
    Hmm, a dutchies meeting at the gallery sounds nice, but it's quite a drive. I might be there if the weather is any good though! Otherwise a meeting at Munsterhuis somewhere in the future sounds good to me.

6. Dutchman

Dutchman F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 4, 2002
    EU
    Full Name:
    Ton
    Roel,

I live in Lanaken. We should meet up one day and go for a drive.
    Are you familiar with the "Vlaamse Ferrari vrienden club"? It is a nice bunch of people with great meetings.

Ton

7. F SPIDER

F SPIDER F1 Rookie
    Owner

Jan 30, 2002
    NYC, A'dam, W'stock
    Full Name:
    rijk rietveld
    I will be in Brummen this Saturday (6 December) at around 1.30PM. I'll be driving a red Alfa Romeo RZ (the "ugly" Zagato spider with the six headlights). Supposed to be nice weather. Hope to see some of you.

Rijk

8. Dino 208gt4

Jun 24, 2003
    European Union
    Full Name:
    Roel
    Hi Ton,
    Sounds great...
    Lanaken, I think it is near Maastricht? That's a nice drive.
    No, I am not familiar with the "vlaamse vrienden club".
    What are they doing, and is possible for to join them?
    What about the Belgian Ferrari Club?
    Ciao,
    Roel

9. Dino 208gt4

Jun 24, 2003
    European Union
    Full Name:
    Roel
    Hi Rijk,
    if you drive a RZ I think you are familiar with Eduard van Beek,
    organizor of the Zagato ES30 Register in Holland.
    He lives in the same town as me and Bert.
    I know he owns 2 SZ's.
    Ciao,
    Roel

10. Dutchman

Dutchman F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 4, 2002
    EU
    Full Name:
    Ton
    Roel,

The "Vlaamse Ferrari vrienden club" is much more fun than the "Club Ferrari Belgico". It is less formal and has a more friendly atmosphere. I will tell you more about the club when we meet.

Lanaken is not far from Maastricht indeed. I think that it is a 45 minute drive from Roermond. Do you have more pics of your gt4? Do you drive it daily?

Ton

11. Yquem

Yquem Formula 3

Dec 2, 2003
    BELGIO
    Full Name:
    JR
    Good afternoon,

Are there perhaps some other people from Belgium who are interested to visit "The Gallery" in Brummen this Saterday?

Would be nice if we could meet at some place!

To see some Ferraris is alwost worth a trip, doesn't matter where to go....

I live in Brussels so I can go in any direction....

Ton : I am from Overpelt originally, we should meet one day. Gorgeous 328 BTW !! Congrats!!

12. Dutchman

Dutchman F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 4, 2002
    EU
    Full Name:
    Ton
    Hi Joren,

Welcome to Fchat! We should definitely meet someday on the way to a nice event. Unfortunately I will not be able to go to Brummen on saturday.

Ton

13. Dutchman

Dutchman F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 4, 2002
    EU
    Full Name:
    Ton
    BTW I see that the exposition will be untill february 1st.

14. bert308

bert308 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 30, 2002
    Roermond Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Bert Kanters
    To see Ferraris, a trip to Motorshow Essen is certainly worthwhile. Been there monday, saw 250 GTO, 250 GTO replica, 250 GTO 1:2 replica, the Enzo, 250LM and many more. One particular car that struck me was the most beautiful 328GTS I've ever seen. Normally I like the 308 much better, but this one had color coded bumper lower parts, some modern design, non Ferrari typical, 18 inch wheels and slightly widened rear wheel arches, only noticable if you're very familiar with the car. This sounds tacky in writing but it all worked very well, the 328 looked like it could be a 2-3 year old modern designed car. They were asking Euro 50K and they'll probably sell it for that price.
    I never bring my camera anymore to Essen because 2 kilo always feels like 20 after the day walking there but I regret not having a picture of that 328. Anyone?

The show is until Sunday, 100 km distance from Roermond and my old Sud feels much faster again after some Autobahn exercise, Italian tune-up.

15. Dutchman

Dutchman F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 4, 2002
    EU
    Full Name:
    Ton
    Bert,

It is a pity that you did not have a camera. Do you know that digital cameras only weigh a fraction of the old conventional cameras? :)

You have made me curious about the 328. Unfortunately I will not be able to go there this weekend.

Ton

16. bert308

bert308 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 30, 2002
    Roermond Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Bert Kanters
    I have a Sony 707 and took 5000 pics in less than 2 years but previous year in Essen I had it with me and didn't take a single pic. What's the point in trying to photograph an Enzo with all the people in the way, needing to be to close to the car and not able to use a tripod when you can dowload quality pictures from any car you want in high res from the net? I saw all those german youngsters (weird clothes, weird hairs, I fear for the future of Germany) taking pictures with their cellphones. Great, a 100x150 pixels pic of your favourate car.

17. Dino 208gt4

Jun 24, 2003
    European Union
    Full Name:
    Roel
    Hi Ton,
    No I do not drive yhe gt4 daily but as much as possible in the weekend, as the wetter is not to bad. For Daily use my boss has given me a VW P****T TDI and my wife drives a Peugeot 205 CTI (cabrio) for daily use.

In the I always drive everyevening in the gt4.
    Send me your e-mail adres with a PM and I will send you some more pictures of my gt4 on Spa Francorchamps this year.

Ciao,
    Roel

18. Yquem

Yquem Formula 3

Dec 2, 2003
    BELGIO
    Full Name:
    JR
    I have been to Essen also last Sunday. I saw that 328 and have to say I don't really like it. For me Ferraris have to be completely original, factory wheels, factory steering wheel, factory shifting knob, the only thing that can be modified is the exhaust. If you put for example 348 wheels on a Mondial, it's not the same Mondial and I don't like it so much. I think most of us will share that opinion.

Ton : Can you tell me something more about "The Vlaamse Ferrari Vrienden Kring"?

Are some people thinking to go to Brummen one of the days?

Greetz,
    Joren

19. Dutchman

Dutchman F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 4, 2002
    EU
    Full Name:
    Ton
    Bert,

I know exactly what you mean! I was just joking about the camera. I don't like to take a picture of my favourite car in a crowd. But it still is a pity though. I would have loved to see the 328 that you described. Just like Joren I also have some mixed feelings about modified Ferrari's. Don't get me wrong. What you do to your car is absolutely fantastic. I admire people like you who spend so much time in a project to make it perfect. You are rebuilding a GTO.
    What I don't like are kitcars and excessive spoilers like in a couple of Koenig examples.
    I do like different wheels on a Ferrari. They can give the car a completely different look. But that's of course very personal.
    Where did you find the mirrors for the 288 GTO? Did you do the bodywork all by yourself? What did you use as an example?

Roel,

emailaddress is on it's way.

Joren,

The "Vlaamse Ferrari vrienden kring" is a group of owners that wanted a different atmosphere then in the national club. Like I described before, it is less formal and a lot of fun. We usually have meetings in Belgium every month (except in the winter). Last year on the meeting in Knokke there were 67 Ferrari's. That was awesome. The chairman is a very enthousiastic woman with a Mondial who puts great effort and time in the meetings.

Ton

20. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Formula Junior

Apr 17, 2003
    Groningen
    Full Name:
    Bob Hagendijk
    I will go this sunday, and maybe 27 december, if there are more people coming. When I'm at my parent's (not much) I can go

21. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Formula Junior

Apr 17, 2003
    Groningen
    Full Name:
    Bob Hagendijk
    I will go this sunday, and maybe 27 december, if there are more people coming. When I'm at my parent's (not much) I can go

If you want to join me for one of these dates, PM today, cause I'm not online the rest of the weekend

22. bert308

bert308 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 30, 2002
    Roermond Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Bert Kanters

23. bert308

bert308 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 30, 2002
    Roermond Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Bert Kanters
    TOn, you can find info about the car and the mirrors in the showroom section.
    The discussion about modified Ferraris or any other car for that matter is a well known one, if everyone agreed there would be no discussion. Everyone has his opinion and that's fine. Before the 308 I had a beautiful yellow 1970 Alfa fastback Spider with yellow/black leather interior, restored at no expense spared by the previous owner. But it was just to beautiful for me, to vulnurable! I got always a lot of compliments for it but I never felt this "Pride Of Ownership", all I ever did was spent the money to buy the thing.
    I'm never that serious about anything, certainly not cars and I regard all this GTO thing as a big joke, me, a factory worker, driving around in a 300.000 looking car, ha. You wrote, "rebuilding a GTO", make that turning a rusty old US 308 into a funcar. I had fun getting parts for my Alfa at the scrapyard with the 308, cloth over the seat. I will have fun doing my shopping in the GTO looking 308. In fact I'm having fun already from all the responses all over the world.

Example below, at an age were most men are having a career, thinking about marriage and children, I drove around in this:

24. Dino 208gt4

Jun 24, 2003
    European Union
    Full Name:
    Roel
    Never saw your GT4 driving though, or any GT4 anywhere for that matter the last couple of years.[/QUOTE]

Hi Bert,
    I saw you twice this last summer (one in front of the hospital in Roermond, other time in near the Television Tower) while you were driving in your 308 and I was driving in my gt4.
    I think your smile of having pleasure was to big to notice me.
    I know I have a silver car, not a red one. If you have a red Ferrari you get much more reaction from people on the sidewalks.

We have tried to rent the Jabacircuit in the past but at that time there were no possibilities. At this moment there is no "regio Limburg" anymore.

You say my normal name does ring a bell, I am sure you no Robert R, Rene M and Maurice W. We all rented together a big "lood" in Swalemen together a few years ago. Full with alfa's. Yes I am a giulia105 gay and also have had a lot of transaxles.
    Ciao,
    Roel

25. riconijhof

riconijhof Formula Junior

Aug 22, 2003
    The Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Rico Nijhof
    Just came back from my visit to the Gallery. 34 Ferrari's there.
    The highlights were the Daytona Prototypo, 250 GT SWB Comp, 250 GT Lusso, Koenig Testarossa (650 HP base on 512M) and F40.
    Will post pics later. Rijk, I think I saw your RZ at the paking lot there.