Duties Fees for out of country purchase? | FerrariChat

Duties Fees for out of country purchase?

Discussion in 'Other Off Topic Forum' started by 92_348ts, Jan 5, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 92_348ts

92_348ts Formula Junior

Jun 6, 2002
    Boise, Idaho
    Full Name:
    Chris
    I recently purchased exhaust components from a company up in Canada. They quoted me a price (with shipping included) which was paid and the items were delivered.

Now, I just received a bill from another company stating that I owe them duties fees of almost $70 for their assistance with the delivery. Isn't this something that should have been paid by the shipper, or is this just the typical added cost of doing business outside the U.S.?

Sorry for the ignorance, but I have never purchased anything outside the U.S. before.

2. noahlh

noahlh Formula 3

Aug 28, 2003
    NYC, NY
    Full Name:
    Noah
  3. Ferrari_UK

Ferrari_UK Formula 3

Dec 6, 2002
    England
    Full Name:
    Jeff Howe
    Hi all.

From our experiences I don't think the US Customs duties are outrageous. Perhaps a few of our www.owners.ferrari.com customers could add to this thread...

4. Bob308GTS

Bob308GTS Formula 3

Sep 26, 2001
    Aurora,IL
    Full Name:
    Bob Campen
    I just recieved my first bill from FedEx for import fees on parts from Ferrari UK, 2.5% on the total bill. They must not bother with smaller orders ( under $500? ) because I have gotten 4 orders before this one and was never billed for duty fee