DVLA Model code/Make code V5 | FerrariChat

DVLA Model code/Make code V5

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by Kieron, Mar 13, 2022.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Kieron

Kieron Karting

May 3, 2005
    United Kingdom
    Full Name:
    Kieron
    My V5 shows Ferrari but no model info.

It’s a Testarossa - I wrote to the DVLA who have asked for the make and model codes.

Any idea what they may be?

Clearly they have the make code to list it is a Ferrari but no model code so they can’t show it as a Testarossa?

Anyone had this issue?

2. greyboxer

greyboxer F1 World Champ

Dec 8, 2004
    South East
    Full Name:
    Jimmie
    I've just looked at a couple of old V5 but neither had the model - does your V5 show either the chassis no or the full vin ? If so I'd be happy with that

Kieron likes this.
  3. Kieron

Kieron Karting

May 3, 2005
    United Kingdom
    Full Name:
    Kieron
    VIN number and engine number both shown on V5.

Just a shame the “Type” (model) info is missing.

I’m led to believe - from looking at old posts on here that anything prior to the 360 didn’t have type/model info on the V5. Which is a shame.

Thanks for checking your old ones.

4. Wheels1

Wheels1 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 23, 2007
    UK
    Full Name:
    Grant
    This is common on older cars.
    I am not sure if it’s still possible, but you used to be able to get the Ferrari owners club to send you a letter confirming type and the DVLA would accept this.

Kieron likes this.
  5. tomw

tomw Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 25, 2004
    London
    Full Name:
    Tom
    I'm not sure there's a hard cut-over at the 360... My Stradale doesn't have a model on the V5 either, just the make. Also just shows on all the online DVLA stuff (eg tax, MOT check etc) as 'FERRARI'.

edit: I've just checked and the MOT history thing online says it's a FERRARI 360! The cheek! :D

Kieron likes this.
  6. MaseratiMike

MaseratiMike Formula Junior

Mar 15, 2016
    UK
    Full Name:
    Mike
    My V5 is exactly the same for my 1986 Testarossa…. Just says Ferrari and no model detail….

Had the car 5years and I’m the first owner in the UK since it was imported from Japan.

Kieron likes this.