Eating my way thru London... | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Eating my way thru London...

Discussion in 'Drink, Smoke, and Fine Dining' started by arizonaitalian, May 1, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Jaguar36

Jaguar36 Formula Junior

Nov 8, 2010
    Cherry Hill, NJ
    Went to the Tandoor Chop House tonight for dinner and it was great! The stuffed cassava kebab was delicious and the ribeye and lamb were also quite tasty.

We've got another couple of nights in London anyone have any other good recommendations for places near Westminster?

arizonaitalian likes this.
  2. ebobh15

ebobh15 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 18, 2012
    A little further away, but Rules on Maiden Lane is a great semi-formal experience, very good game menu seasonally, and the restaurant's history and ambiance is a part of the pleasure of the experience. They have a pretty solid claim as the City's oldest restaurant, too.

3. lopena

lopena Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 3, 2003
    Yep...Rules is a good place.

Other places well worth a visit include:

BOB BOB RICARD (we ate there last week)
    LITTLE SOCIAL (off Regents St.)
    QUAGLINO’S (stylish Italian)
    SCOTT’S (Seafood)
    BLACKLOCK (Sunday roast)
    HEREFORD ARMS (gastro-pub)

Good luck,
    Alan

4. arizonaitalian

arizonaitalian F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Oct 29, 2010
    Wyoming
    Well, Kiln is just a bit north of Westminster. So "close" in London terms. I loved that place. I said earlier its perhaps not best for kids, but its not "bad" for kids. I don't think they take reservations though and the wait and bar style seating might not work...

Better still there is a Poppie's Fish and Chips in Soho (also close to Westminster) and I thought they were very fine F&C's.

5. Smiles

Smiles F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 20, 2003
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Full Name:
    Matt F
    I love eating my way across London!

For Indian food, try Veeraswamy. Michelin starred and has hosted everyone from Winston Churchill to Mahatma Gandhi.

Matt

6. Jaguar36

Jaguar36 Formula Junior

Nov 8, 2010
    Cherry Hill, NJ
    Not sure the kids would like Rules, but I think we will try Hereford Arms and Kiln though. Veerswamy looks awesome, but too fancy for us. Thanks for the suggestions!

7. lopena

lopena Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 3, 2003
    The two best options at the Hereford Arms for kids are the fish & chips and the cheeseburger...both very good.

8. Jaguar36

Jaguar36 Formula Junior

Nov 8, 2010
    Cherry Hill, NJ
    We had tea today at Fortnum and Mason's. My goodness that certainly was an experience. The silver towers of plates filled with little finger foods that were all delicious! I'm still a little confused as to what the difference was, but I had High Tea with Welsh Rarebit while my wife had afternoon tea which had a bunch of little sandwiches.... but then they brought a bunch more little sandwiches too. The kids got hot chocolate and their own little towers. I would highly recommend it.