EBAY FRAUD ALERT!!!!!!! REAL-Please read | FerrariChat

EBAY FRAUD ALERT!!!!!!! REAL-Please read

Discussion in 'Other Off Topic Forum' started by AnotherDunneDeal, Mar 2, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. AnotherDunneDeal

AnotherDunneDeal F1 Veteran

Jun 2, 2003
    N.Richland Hills, Tx
    Full Name:
    James Dunne
    #1 AnotherDunneDeal, Mar 2, 2004
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    There is currently a listing on EBay Motors for a 2002 BMW M3 convertible. It is item # 2464233186. It is being offered by Hypahoppa, a seller from the UK. It is showing as having 14 bids with a high of $15,100. This seller does not have this car. It is a car we ran on Ebay last week and did not sell. It is still in our inventory at Baillargeon Audi in Euless, Texas.

Please do not bid on this item in this sale. It is a fraud.. Be forewarned.........
    Image Unavailable, Please Login
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. ty (360mode)

ty (360mode) Formula Junior

Sep 25, 2002
    Houston
    Full Name:
    Tim
    i saw a 996 Turbo on ebay by a seller in the UK as well last week... problem was that the pictures were of a car at advantage porsche here in houston. can't remember if it was the same seller or not.

3. AnotherDunneDeal

Jun 2, 2003
    N.Richland Hills, Tx
    Full Name:
    James Dunne
    This seller is going after deposits. They will tell you the car is in Europe but they will ship it to you for inspection prior to final payment for a $2000 deposit. Send them the deposit and never hear from them again. They are also pirating other Ebay sellers feedback ratings so they will show 100% with a large number of sold items.

Always call the person actually selling the car to establish credibility before doing anything. "If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is"...............

4. carmaster

carmaster Karting

Jan 13, 2004
    Boston/ Portland
    Full Name:
    Paul
    Is it just me or does that picture looked computer altered?

5. Texas Forever

Texas Forever Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 28, 2003
    Texas!
    James, did you report this to Ebay? If so, what was their response?

DrTax

ps Did you get your other question answered?

6. AnotherDunneDeal

Jun 2, 2003
    N.Richland Hills, Tx
    Full Name:
    James Dunne
    The picture is not computer altered. These are ones we took when we listed the car ourselves. This ficticious seller hijacked our entire ad and even uses the description of the car and stock number.

We were alerted to this by a lady from California who was corresponding with this seller and asked for more pictures. We had originally posted over 30 pics of the car. He told her she would receive the original window sticker and sent her a picture of it. It was our picture with our name plastered all over it. She thought it was odd that it had an Audi dealership price sticker on the car so did a google search for us and called. She is still corresponding with him, trying to get him to incriminate himself more deeply. EBay was alerted and I am waiting on a reply from them. I asked them to close this auction due to fraud. We will see what they will do.

Dr. Tax.

No I have not received an answer yet. I am still awaiting proof of income statements to be sent to me so I can get a grasp on it all. I will hope for the best and prepare for the worst. Thanks for asking.

7. thecarreaper

thecarreaper F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 30, 2003
    Savannah
    3 cheers to you for sharing this with the world. and thanks to the sharp woman who noticed something was not right!!!!! i hate ebay. i hate paypal.@#$% em all.

8. AnotherDunneDeal

Jun 2, 2003
    N.Richland Hills, Tx
    Full Name:
    James Dunne
    It looks like Ebay got my e-mail. I can no longer find any trace of our M3 on their site. I hope they are able to trace where the fictious seller is operating from and put a stop to him. I understand from the lady who alerted us that he told her to look at several other of his BMW auctions. I could not find them but he might have listed them under another seller name.

9. Prugna 328

Prugna 328 Formula 3

Sep 10, 2003
    L.I.N.Y.
    Full Name:
    Gregory
    Thank you Audiguy.