EBAY | FerrariChat

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. stevew3765

stevew3765 Formula Junior

Oct 27, 2012
    Tulsa, Oklahoma USA
    Full Name:
    Steve Wool
    Hey everyone,
    I just wanted to ask a question about Ebay. Every since I ran my ad on auto trader. There has been an agent from ebay saying for 299 they will sell my car for me. Has anyone heard of this before? Legit?

2. GatorFL

GatorFL Moderator
    Moderator Owner

Nov 18, 2005
    Wellington, FL
    Full Name:
    Duane
    Doesn't sound legit. Also you should request a move to general as this is not a classified ad.

3. Zanny1

Zanny1 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 19, 2003
    Arizona
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Report it to ebay.... another attempt by jokers to steal your money.

4. Steve King

Steve King F1 Rookie

Feb 15, 2001
    NY
    Never heard of it before and if it were an ebay feature i'm sure they would advertise it.

5. Brewman

Brewman Formula Junior

Apr 3, 2012
    NC Mountains @ Boone
    Full Name:
    Joe
    Report to EBay and tell the so called EBay agent a big NO.

6. Wade

Wade Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner

Mar 31, 2006
    East Central, FL
    Full Name:
    Wade O.
    Ask them for a copy of their business license. ;)

7. BigTex

BigTex Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    Maybe move it up to Silver...I am having a lot of trouble with eBay right now, frustrating company to deal with..

As to the op, anyone that contacts me I am wary of, on the internet.

If there's no brick and mortar presence, or well known easily found history of the Business I would be scared.

8. sony360

sony360 Rookie

Jun 26, 2014
    I heard ebay charges 10% of the sales price.That seems very expensive.Is this correct?

9. Splitting Atoms

Splitting Atoms Formula 3

Sep 18, 2011
    South Carolina
    Full Name:
    Eric
    Not for cars. They have a flat fee around $160 if I remember correctly. Most other items are 10% plus 3% for PayPal which you are almost forced to use. Years ago, the eBay fees were staggered and most items I sold had a 2% or 3% fee. EBay has been continuously raising fees over the years to increase earnings. EBay purchased PayPal several years ago and I believe it contributes the majority of earnings now.

10. Splitting Atoms

Sep 18, 2011
    South Carolina
    Full Name:
    Eric
    I checked the eBay fees for eBay Motors. If you sell six or fewer cars per year and the value of the car is over $2000, the fee is then $125.

11. Splitting Atoms

Sep 18, 2011
    South Carolina
    Full Name:
    Eric
    Back on track for this thread, it sounds like a scam unless it is a local individual who takes pictures, creates the listing and answers most questions. I know there are many consignment sellers on eBay in many different categories. If this is not an individual you meet in person, don't send them any money.