EBC brakes | FerrariChat

EBC brakes

Discussion in 'General Automotive Discussion' started by RyanZX6R, May 18, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. RyanZX6R

RyanZX6R Formula Junior

Nov 4, 2003
    Riverside County
    Full Name:
    Ryan
    Just wanted to share my story. A few months ago I changed my brake pads on my ZX6R with a set of EBC's HH pads. Shortly after changing the pads the front brakes started making a noise when I came to a stop. A few friends said the rotors sounded glazed. I was told to try to lightly sand the discs to remove the glaze, but this didn't help.

I emailed Garry Gallagher at EBC and asked for some advice to get rid of the noise without spending a lot of cash. He offered me a set of pads to replace the ones that I had put on, for free. Then he told me he had an upgrade for the pads that I had that would offer 20% more bite. Garry said he would send me those if I wanted to try them out and if I didn't like them (too much bite) he would swap them for a set of the standard HH pads.

This is what I call customer service. I don't know if the new pads will get rid of the noise, but it's worth a try. I just got the pads today and will put them on tomorrow if time allows. It's pretty cool to be taken care of by a manufacture instead of being blown off. This is what you do to keep customers, and I plan on using EBC products in the future (brakes, discs, clutches).