Ebonics avatars? | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Ebonics avatars?

Discussion in 'Other Off Topic Forum' started by Challenge, Aug 16, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Hubert888

Hubert888 F1 Veteran
    BANNED

May 14, 2003
    Manhattan & LA
    Full Name:
    Hubert
    dude,.....u commented on the EC ebonics avatars and thats all we've been talking about.

2. darth550

darth550 Six Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 14, 2003
    In front of you
    Full Name:
    BCHC
    I never thought mine left any doubt as to who or what anyone was dealing with...messin with my West Coast!

DL

3. JSinNOLA

JSinNOLA F1 World Champ
    Sponsor Lifetime Rossa

Mar 18, 2002
    Denver, CO
    Hey man, I wasn't busting your chops. In fact, I didn't even know who had "nuckas" written on their avatar. Just stated that I thought it was bold, thats all.

You should bring your 360 down to the FFQC in New Orleans and we will show you how to have a good time down South!

4. BigTex

BigTex Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    My point in deflecting this into a discussion of blues artists...Those of us who DO live in the South take pride in the advancements made in recent history between us all.....music, art, concerns on quality of life..we all have more COMMON interests than dividing ones......

That said, recent popular modern music trends have undone ALL advancements in this field of play..Hip Hop and more specifically Rap is not message of tolerance, but instead one of hate, male dominance, drug abuse and intolerance.

It doesn't matter if you are Eminem, South Park Mexican or .50 cent...you are not spreading a positive message at all, it's about hate..I've taken it away from my kids and spun it once, before tossing it into the trash fire out back.

Put that into any beat you want to dance to brother, and we'll all get stoned later and go jack up da man and pop some caps.........

You looking foreward to raising your kids in that neighborhood?

You want to see positive role models and influences, check out my local interests...Project Row Houses....The Orange Show....the Eldorado Ballroom Restoration...that's building bridges, man...instead of walls.

5. infraredline

infraredline Formula 3

Mar 15, 2004
    San Francisco
    Full Name:
    John
    Who said anything about "da south"? I'm from the "da north" - Northern California.

6. ashsimmonds

ashsimmonds F1 World Champ

Feb 14, 2004
    adelaide, australia
    Full Name:
    Humble Narrator
    what the heck is "ebonics"? i thought it sounded like some crusading psuedo-religion like dianetics, and wondered what on earth you could make into an avatar from that.

guess i'm a little off-track...

7. DodgeViper01

DodgeViper01 F1 Veteran

Oct 1, 2003
    Yes I will agree that it does mean the N-Word but I doubt Hubert or any of the tri state crew for the most part knew it. How about you guys just stop using it and that will be the end of it?

8. ryalex

ryalex Two Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Aug 6, 2003
    Las Vegas, NV
    Full Name:
    Ryan Alexander
    Here's one for Auraraptor ;)

9. ryalex

ryalex Two Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Aug 6, 2003