Eclipse Pool Party Invite | FerrariChat

Eclipse Pool Party Invite

Discussion in 'Aviation Chat' started by Juan-Manuel Fantango, Aug 14, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Juan-Manuel Fantango

Juan-Manuel Fantango F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 18, 2004
    Full Name:
    Juan
    #1 Juan-Manuel Fantango, Aug 14, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Hey guys we are right in the center of this thing and I thought I'd throw out a last minute invite to anyone in the area. Fly into KAND we'll come get you. We have some pilots, FCA members, and Architects coming over for the shoot. Weather Channel photographer will be at the house shooting from multiple angles. PM me if interested. Yes this is a pool party, happens this coming Monday of course during the eclipse. Skydivers coming in after they jump at KAND.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. Gatorrari

Gatorrari F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 27, 2004
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jim Pernikoff
    If you hadn't figured it out yet, this will be at Julie Ibrahim's place in Anderson, SC. Those of us in the region know it well. The eclipse itself will be in around the 2:30 PM timeframe.

3. Alpintourer

Alpintourer F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jul 20, 2013
    The Low Country
    Full Name:
    Dave Steven
    Of course, every hotel nearby is booked solid. Would have been fun!

4. beast

beast F1 World Champ

May 31, 2003
    Lewisville, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Guess
    My daughter lives in Idaho Falls, ID and was saying that most hotels are booked solid with a few dumps in the $500+ price range.

I am just bummed out that I cant get the time off to go up there and witness it in person. :(

5. Juan-Manuel Fantango

Rossa Subscribed

Jan 18, 2004
    Full Name:
    Juan
    I have a friend with a beautiful home near Highlands with an airport. He us a partner of Just Aircraft, you and some friends should stay there as it's on one of the rental sites. He mentioned this today. Plus vrbo should have some homes on Lake Keowee and lake Hartwell.

6. Juan-Manuel Fantango

Rossa Subscribed

Jan 18, 2004
    Full Name:
    Juan
    She is the hostess with the mostest

7. Tcar

Tcar F1 Rookie

It's 93% for you in Denver...

8. beast

beast F1 World Champ

May 31, 2003
    Lewisville, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Guess
    Except for the fact that I am not in Denver any longer. Forgot to update my profile :( Going to be even less in West TX.

9. Jacob Potts

Jacob Potts Formula Junior

Dec 11, 2008
    Pueblo, CO
    Full Name:
    Jacob Potts
  10. Bob Parks

Bob Parks F1 Veteran
    Consultant

Nov 29, 2003
    Shoreline,Washington
    Full Name:
    Robert Parks
    Darn ! I was going to partake of that get together but I can't locate my bathing suit. The moths ate up my last one but I have another wool one somewhere. I wore it quite a lot before the war. I was going to fly my Belchfire Super Hot Burner J-2500XK out there but I can't find the keys so I guess I'll miss a nice party and the Eclipse. I saw one in 1932 when I was a little guy but I couldn't see much when it was so dark. I'm going to buy some leftover special glasses so I can see the next one...whenever that is.

11. beast

beast F1 World Champ

May 31, 2003
    Lewisville, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Guess
    Bob Amazon has great deals on glasses :D

12. Juan-Manuel Fantango

Rossa Subscribed

Jan 18, 2004
    Full Name:
    Juan
    #12 Juan-Manuel Fantango, Aug 15, 2017
    Heck Bob, don't fret! I've got a pair just for you!! I bet you've worn a pair very similar. I was cleaning out a drawer and out popped these. I could not believe the timing of this discovery. And you are welcome anytime you can make it. Just bring some of those amazing original paintings so my pilot will be a happy camper! She is also the hoastest I might add and a cute one at that.

13. Bob Parks

Bob Parks F1 Veteran
    Consultant

Nov 29, 2003
    Shoreline,Washington
    Full Name:
    Robert Parks
    Those glasses appear to be valuable antiques kinda like me. Now, where's pictures of the hostess with the mostest ? I couldn't get out there even if I did find the swimsuit and the keys to my imaginary jet because I have to finish the painting of the Doolittle take off from the carrier Hornet so all you guys have a good time.

14. Juan-Manuel Fantango

Rossa Subscribed

Jan 18, 2004
    Full Name:
    Juan
    As a side note I think they first assembled in Columbia SC at the Columbia airbase.

Doolittle Raiders take to the sky | The State

15. CavalloRosso

CavalloRosso Formula 3

Jul 12, 2007
    Atlanta, GA/Vail, CO
    Full Name:
    SVO
    Juan,

There's a huge group gathering at KAND for the Eclipse which includes BBQ, drinks, etc. It's being put together by COPA, the Cirrus Owners and Pilots Association. I'm planning on being there in my Eclipse (a Total Eclipse model no less!).

16. Bob Zambelli

Bob Zambelli F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

Nov 3, 2003
    Manning, SC
    Full Name:
    Robert G. Zambelli
    #16 Bob Zambelli, Aug 16, 2017
    Bob - here's the "Hostess"

Bob Z.

17. Bob Parks

Bob Parks F1 Veteran
    Consultant

Nov 29, 2003
    Shoreline,Washington
    Full Name:
    Robert Parks
    My Goodness! That's polite talk for Holy Mackerel ! What a lovely car! Seriously, that is a beautiful combination! Thanks so much for posting that. Forgive me for being Ferrari clumsy but is her car a California? Whatever it is, it's almost as pretty as she is.

18. Juan-Manuel Fantango

Rossa Subscribed

Jan 18, 2004
    Full Name:
    Juan
  19. Juan-Manuel Fantango

Rossa Subscribed

Jan 18, 2004
    Full Name:
    Juan
    Holly Toledo that's our home airport and only 15 min max! Make sure you google earth us and fly over the home! We'll be in the pool, but would l love to come out or have you come over to visit. Let's pm....I knew they were having something but had not idea about this. Thanks for the heads up. Let us know if you need a car.

Here's the latest video done at our Friday garage party to help you identify the house. Look for the prow of the ship, the pool. And the steak shaped pond.

https://youtu.be/r8w2KcpvnD8

20. Bob Zambelli

Bob Zambelli F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

Nov 3, 2003
    Manning, SC
    Full Name:
    Robert G. Zambelli
    Bob - that car belongs to some weirdo in Manning, SC.
    He drives it almost every day and uses it for shopping, general errands and just fun driving.
    It has just over 184,000 miles.

Bob Z.

21. Bob Parks

Bob Parks F1 Veteran
    Consultant

Nov 29, 2003
    Shoreline,Washington
    Full Name:
    Robert Parks
    I always wanted to be a weirdo. Maybe I am , but I drive a car with 185,000 also, however , it is a 2003 Odyssey. One of the best cars I ever owned. Hauled a lot of artwork and tent stuff in it when I was doing art festival stuff. Those days are over now but that car is still a daily driver and more reliable than anything I ever owned. It never needs oil between changes and is gentle on the tires and brakes. I would still have fun in something like a GTC or a Tessta Rossa. I have owned an Alpha Spider, an Alfa Sprint, an Austin Healy 100-6, and a 1955 Chev Carryall. Lots more to list but no reason to. Good memories.

22. Juan-Manuel Fantango

Rossa Subscribed

Jan 18, 2004
    Full Name:
    Juan
    #22 Juan-Manuel Fantango, Aug 18, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 18, 2017
    Stopped in KAND look like it's going to be a zoo. They have over 200 planes coming in, 50 Turbin, and the only food will be what others have arranged. Small facilities, should be a zoo. The manager had no interest in doing anything other than just another day at KAND. They missed the boat here.

Rumor is that Gulfstream may be bringing a 650 for photos during the eclipse.

23. raider1968

raider1968 F1 Rookie
    Owner

Mar 13, 2008
    NC Mnts & Asheville
    Full Name:
    John E
    Sounds like a lot fun! We r at the beginning of the eclips in Oregon - the word is that a 1,000,000 people came out for it - no hotels rooms anywhere
    Guess we will be cooking at home for a while

24. Bob Parks

Bob Parks F1 Veteran
    Consultant

Nov 29, 2003
    Shoreline,Washington
    Full Name:
    Robert Parks
    A classy Lady and a pretty nice car. Not many combinations like that.

25. Juan-Manuel Fantango

Rossa Subscribed

Jan 18, 2004
    Full Name:
    Juan
    Thanks Bob I have to agree! Waiting on pictures now...