Effective 3/5/2017: Ad posting limits in Parts & Collectibles | Page 3 | FerrariChat

Effective 3/5/2017: Ad posting limits in Parts & Collectibles

Discussion in 'Ferrari Parts & Collectibles' started by ylshih, Mar 5, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. RedNeck

RedNeck F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 8, 2016
    The CSA
    Full Name:
    Me
    I support these rules and rallied for them but I think we need to still have the forum usable for sellers. I posted in no more than 2 of my for sale ads, that the parts were still available, my posts and all my pictures were deleted so now I will have to start new ads at some point. The issue was the people posting 30 ads nd bumping them daily, not the ones with 2 ads and update them weekly.

2. tifoso2728

tifoso2728 F1 Veteran
    BANNED

Apr 30, 2014
    IL
    Full Name:
    DRM
    #52 tifoso2728, Mar 22, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 22, 2017
    After a little more than two weeks of the new, restrictive posting rule my take is that F-Chat members are seeing less ads and therefore less choice than before.

3. dm_n_stuff

dm_n_stuff Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Or, from another perspective . . .

PHEW, it's finally not a cluster **** mess in there with 50 ads from guys like tifoso2728 burying ads from guys with a single item to sell.

If your action has been reduced, figure out a way, within the new rules, to increase your traffic. (No, I don't have any ideas, as I don't feel the need to sell dozens of items here.)

It's not a commercial site where you pay per insertion. HEY WAIT A MINUTE. . . Yin, how about a pay to play section where each ad costs the guy listing it a couple bucks, with unlimited posting???? Or, pay a monthly subscription fee of $200 to post in a paid classified section?

Or, is that buried somewhere in the new rules and I missed it.

I, for one, really like the new arrangement.

D

4. ylshih

ylshih Shogun Assassin
    Honorary Owner

Mar 21, 2004
    Northern CA
    Full Name:
    Yin
    It seems to me that's because you insist on sticking to the old model of one item, one ad. Your choice, but grumbling isn't going to help.

Take this thread that followed through on the "storefront" thread concept:

http://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/ferrari-parts-collectibles/546866-toolkits-schedoni-luggage-spare-wheels-pouches-manuals-brochure-more.html

Itemized list of inventory for dozens of items, pictures added in discreet batches every day or two, inventory list updated, then 5 sales announcements and 2 inquiries all in a row. Seller gets transactions, buyers browse at their leisured, seller's ad has been on the top half of the first page for the last 2 weeks, and uninterested parties weren't bombarded with dozens of ads nor bumps of ads for items that didn't sell.

5. EMILIO

EMILIO F1 Veteran

Feb 23, 2006
    Italia
    i think rossa subscribed should have a bigger number of ad per day
    would make sense and promote the more expensive subscription imo

6. bjwhite

bjwhite F1 Rookie

Mar 17, 2006
    Seattle, WA
    Full Name:
    Brian White
    I see two ads deleted today. Lame. I'd like to see what they were.
    Stop the silliness.

7. dm_n_stuff

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oh c'mon.

The rules are easy to follow, they cleaned up the ad section (which had become a hell hole of semi-retailers with zero useful posts and lots of crap to sell) and did no harm to anyone here that is a serious real member.

Who gives a **** what they were selling. This is a classified section that is supposed to serve the active members of the community in their efforts to sell items they no longer need that would be useful to other members. That simple. It's not a retail mart.

Two deleted posts from guys who don't get the simple rules here are not critical to that mission.

You're just stirring the pot. (Dear God, am I channeling Rob Lay?) Go find something important to address like, I dunno, how often to do a belt service on a carbed 308 with an oil leak and an overbite. :D

D

8. Viperjoe

Viperjoe F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

I have one item listed, which I've bumped once per month and got flagged for it. Hardly an excessive frequency! In my case, the rule would seem harshly applied.

9. ylshih

ylshih Shogun Assassin
    Honorary Owner

Mar 21, 2004
    Northern CA
    Full Name:
    Yin
    The FerrariAds.com forums have been split into commercial and individual sections.

Please see new rules for the classified section:

http://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/ferraris/550177-classified-rules-effective-05-01-2017-a.html

Relevant additions to the rules for the individual parts & collectibles subforums is:

10. bjwhite

bjwhite F1 Rookie

Mar 17, 2006
    Seattle, WA
    Full Name:
    Brian White
    Great. More wasted space on "deleted ads". I'd rather see the ads than spaces for deleted ads.

Either way, screen real estate is taken. I'd rather that real estate be useful....

11. GordonC

GordonC F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Aug 28, 2005
    Calgary, AB, Canada
    Full Name:
    Gordon
    I see it as less wasted space on garbage ads. I fully support the recent and new changes to make the classifieds more friendly to users.

12. Jack-the-lad

Jack-the-lad Six Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 22, 2004
    Moot Pointe
    In the "individuals" section will there be any limitations on the number of "wanted to buy" ads? My suggestion is that the limitation apply only to "for sale" ads, or that the limitation on the number of "wanted to buy" ads be increased.

13. bjwhite

bjwhite F1 Rookie

Mar 17, 2006
    Seattle, WA
    Full Name:
    Brian White
    Really? There are two rows wasted to say "deleted ad". Great. Why not just leave the ad?

14. dm_n_stuff

Lifetime Rossa Owner

#64 dm_n_stuff, Apr 18, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    . . .
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

15. ylshih

ylshih Shogun Assassin
    Honorary Owner

Mar 21, 2004
    Northern CA
    Full Name:
    Yin
    The new annual limits of 5 Silver or 20 Rossa Parts & Collectibles ads will apply only to "For Sale" ads. "Want" ads will not be tracked in those limits. However, that is not meant to allow "Want" ads to be unlimited, just flexible and accommodating. A pattern of excessive use or abuses, will be addressed individually or with a new rule if needed.

16. Jack-the-lad

Jack-the-lad Six Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 22, 2004
    Moot Pointe
    That makes sense. Thank you for the clarification.

17. ItalianOne

ItalianOne Formula Junior

May 21, 2008
    Mich
    Full Name:
    Kevin R
    I think this new rule regarding posts limits the parts availability to everyone, wheather you are buying or selling or looking for a particular part. I agree if someone is posting everyday the same item over and over again. Who wants to see that. I don't that's for sure. But at that point you should limit the postings that particular poster can make. I just think it's funny if I bump a item a month later and my post gets pulled. I have been on this site since 2008 and thats my opinion good or bad..

18. ylshih

ylshih Shogun Assassin
    Honorary Owner

Mar 21, 2004
    Northern CA
    Full Name:
    Yin
    You can "bump" a thread by contributing something meaningful to the ad. If you want more attention, put a little thought into making it worth the attention of your audience.

19. ylshih

ylshih Shogun Assassin
    Honorary Owner

Mar 21, 2004
    Northern CA
    Full Name:
    Yin
    Reminder that the new annual ad limits became effective today.

20. bjwhite

bjwhite F1 Rookie

Mar 17, 2006
    Seattle, WA
    Full Name:
    Brian White
    More stupidity.....

21. ///Mike

///Mike F1 Veteran

Dec 11, 2003
    Bugtussle
    I consider shopping the classified sections to be one of the biggest benefits to this site. The new rules have significantly detracted from that. I'm not sure who they're intended to help, but clearly it's not potential buyers.

22. ylshih

ylshih Shogun Assassin
    Honorary Owner

Mar 21, 2004
    Northern CA
    Full Name:
    Yin
    You're being tiresome.

Advertisers that want to post more than the Rossa limit of 20 parts/collectible ads per year are now categorized as commercial users and can post as many ads as they want by becoming "Classified Subscribed" users.

23. dm_n_stuff

Lifetime Rossa Owner

#73 dm_n_stuff, May 2, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  24. sherpa23

sherpa23 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 28, 2003
    Rocky Mountains
    Full Name:
    Bastuna
    I think it's great and welcome improvement for the user base.

25. 19633500GT

19633500GT F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 9, 2010
    Blueberry
    Full Name:
    Muffin-Tops
    So, to understand this correctly, it would eliminate having a"storefront" thread, right? (after posting your maximum allowable posts)

I ask because within the thread, I'd only made "one" post, but with multiple items for sale within that one post. Just looking for clarification. Thanks!