Electronic diagram of the oil pressure sensor | FerrariChat

Electronic diagram of the oil pressure sensor

Discussion in '360/430' started by facmpower, Jan 9, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. facmpower

facmpower Rookie

Mar 19, 2014
    Portugal
    Full Name:
    Costa, Fábio
    Hello everyone.

Following the problem of the wrong marking of the oil pressure sensor on my 2005 f430 ... I would like to be able to arrange an electronic diagram of the oil pressure sensor to better understand my problem. Does anyone know where I can get an electrical scheme?

Tanks

2. Qavion

Qavion F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 20, 2015
    Sydney
    Full Name:
    Ian Riddell
  3. facmpower

facmpower Rookie

Mar 19, 2014
    Portugal
    Full Name:
    Costa, Fábio
  4. Qavion

Qavion F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 20, 2015
    Sydney
    Full Name:
    Ian Riddell
    Normally sensors only have one or two wires and use the case of the transmitter as an earth.

Is this the sensor you are looking at?

Image Unavailable, Please Login

It looks like it only has one pin (?). If it has one wire, electrically, it will be like the 360. If it has 3 wires, perhaps one is earth and the case of the transmitter may or may not be an earth (also).

Image Unavailable, Please Login

I'm not really willing to speculate too much at the moment. I would suggest wiring checks on the sensor itself, but it doesn't look easy to access.

5. Gillis Haasnoot

Gillis Haasnoot Karting

Feb 4, 2020
    Leiden, Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Gillis Haasnoot
    Oil sensors fail often. Spring brakes or cracks inside. When cracked the resistance changes and causes different readings. When broken usually only works when heated or not at all.
    Cheap part. Even Lada got the same one. Pita to change

6. Qavion

Qavion F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 20, 2015
    Sydney
    Full Name:
    Ian Riddell
    I see the original Ferrari oil pressure sensor part number was replaced by another and looking at photos of the replacement, I see they have a manufacturer part number Kavlico "PE2000-5304". Looking at datsheets for the PE2000 series sensors: