email question | FerrariChat

email question

Discussion in 'Other Off Topic Forum' started by Auraraptor, Jun 4, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Auraraptor

Auraraptor F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Sep 25, 2002
    MO
    How can I download and save my hotmail emails so that the account has no saved emails on their servers (and data usage goes back to zero), but I still have my old emails? (pref. on harddisk?)

2. tvrfreak

tvrfreak F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Mar 31, 2003
    Arkansas
    Full Name:
    F K
    Use outlook express and uncheck the option "Leave a copy of my email on the server"

Be sure to close Outlook Express if you are going away or it will periodically pull in your email into the computer and you won't be able to read any messages over the web from another computer.

3. tvrfreak

tvrfreak F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Mar 31, 2003
    Arkansas
    Full Name:
    F K
    Had some good results with a google search for "email client can access hotmail" and "how to download hotmail messages"

4. MarkPDX

MarkPDX F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Apr 21, 2003
    Gulf Coast
    It's slightly time intensive but you can just open each email and use "save page as". I usually select "HML only" to avoid having an associated folder full of pictures.

5. tvrfreak

tvrfreak F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Mar 31, 2003
    Arkansas
    Full Name:
    F K
    That won't automatically purge them from your hotmail account. You'd still have to manually delete them from hotmail.

6. wax

wax Five Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 20, 2003
    SFPD
    Full Name:
    Dirty Harry
    Open a free 1 GB email account on spymac.com, forward them.

I opened an account a few weeks ago - forwarded "keeper" emails. Have not received any spam.

7. Auraraptor

Auraraptor F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Sep 25, 2002
    MO
    Thanks! I needed that!