Emergency brake 348 | FerrariChat

Emergency brake 348

Discussion in 'Technical Q&A' started by Ksullender, Jul 10, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Ksullender

Ksullender Formula Junior

Sep 3, 2003
    USA
    Does anyone have an exploded view of the 348 emergency brake release handle assembly? After letting my car be valet parked last night I can't get the light to go out and I think it may not be 100% disengaged.

2. Ricambi America

Ricambi America F1 World Champ
    Sponsor Owner

#2 Ricambi America, Jul 10, 2004
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Is this what you're looking for? (See attached PDF)
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

3. sparta49

sparta49 F1 Veteran
    Owner

Mar 3, 2001
    LA
    Full Name:
    Frank
    Engage it all the way and then rerelease it

4. Ksullender

Sep 3, 2003
    USA
    Thanks for the PDF. #5 was bent and #4 wasn't making contact. All fixed.

5. NC348

NC348 Karting

Feb 18, 2003
    Houston, TX
    Full Name:
    James I. Movich
    Ken,
    After about the third time of finding out the valet had driven my car all the way back to me with the brake on, i now make sure to tell them that its broke, and to be sure not to use it...(and sometimes i go inside right away, so i dont have to watch them struggle to drive it away.) LOL

6. jkuk

jkuk Formula Junior

Nov 3, 2003
    Wirral, UK
    Full Name:
    John K

Ken,

I have the same fault but it has baffled me for some time to the point where I just removed the wire connection.

What pushes the switch up to disconnect it as I cannot see anything in there that acts as a lever

Or better still, how did you remove the handbrake surround - did you disconnect the engine lid cable ?

Do I have to remove the seat ?

Thanks

John

7. Ksullender

Sep 3, 2003
    USA
    There is a switch that is activated by the hand brake. In my case the tab that holds it was bent from being over pulled on the engagement of the brake.

You do not need to remove the seats. There is a scew at the leading and rear edge of the cover you need to remove. When you lift the engine lid release there is another screw there to remove, then you can pull out the release handle and you will need to remove the pin in the handle. The cable still wont come out but will give you enough room to pull up the ebrake cover and get to the switch. Reverse for re-installation.

8. mr308gtb

mr308gtb Formula Junior

Sep 12, 2004
    Full Name:
    MeestahBig
    hi, does anyone know how to remove the handle? part #1 in the pdf. I am trying to clean up all my sticky parts and this is one of the few that I could not figure out how to take off. thx. Marc