Emergency Releases - 575 | FerrariChat

Emergency Releases - 575

Discussion in '456/550/575' started by jay575, Aug 22, 2009.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. jay575

jay575 Karting

Jul 29, 2009
    St. George Utah
    Full Name:
    Jay
    I'm new, so bear with me. I've perused this site for the last week and have learned a lot.
    Still have about 298,000 to go. Here is my original post as a newbee.

"Just purchased a 575M last week. Assembly 56292 - Vin 138899. Never had a Ferrari before. Now I have a lot of questions...like... where do you get the radio code & how to input it, how to reset the tire pressure indicator, where do you obtain an Owner's manual, where to put the front license plate (need front & back in Utah), how to get an xtra key fob. Stuff like that. Looks like I'll be visiting the specific site for this model. But first I'll have to read the 300,000+ general posts. O My Gosh!! At 1000 per day that'll take about a year! I'd better start tomorrow."

I've obtained the radio code even though dealer I bought it from and the Las Vegas Ferrari dealer said they couldn't get it. Taz was so generous to send me a CD of the Owner's Manual and even put a photo of my car on it. Thanks Taz. Also now have a front license plate holder and have already been stopped by the sheriff here in Utah. He let me off.

Extra key fobs I'm looking into and I understand the TPMS better. All this through the help of ferrarichat. I hope I can be of help to someone in the future.

I'm asking about emergency releases. I found the hood release & the gas cap release in the trunk but I cannot locate the trunk release. The parts manual I have indicates it comes out in the top-middle of the trunk area. I have the leather shelf so do I have to get that up or what? I lifted up the cover above the shelf but it wasn't under there.

Have more questions...will be a lot more to the point next time (in about 5 minutes).

2. tazandjan

tazandjan Three Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    Jay- Look at page 2.106 of the OM and it shows where the emergency luggage compartment lid release is located- under the mat on the shelf behind the driver's seat.

Taz
    Terry Phillips

3. jay575

jay575 Karting

Jul 29, 2009
    St. George Utah
    Full Name:
    Jay
    I saw where the handle was suposed to be but I couldn't figure out how to get to it. If you have a carpeted shelf maybe you just have to lift up the carpet.

I have the leather shelf with the buckle straps. So after looking closer I see 2 allen wrench screws under each of the buckle straps close to the front edge. I unscrewed these with a 7/64 allen wrench and that allowed me to lift up the shelf. And there was the handle right where it was supposed to be. Do not try to lift up this shelf by the edges where the buckles are. There are rivets that go into the WOOD that will easily tear out. Just unscrew the screws. Thanks Taz, I just needed a little more push to go further.

Jay