End of Lusso GTC4 V12 production? | Page 3 | FerrariChat

End of Lusso GTC4 V12 production?

Discussion in 'FF/Lusso' started by NeilF8888, Jan 30, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. randkin

randkin Formula 3
    BANNED

Aug 2, 2015
    Somis, CA
    Full Name:
    Randy
    Well if you get caught in traffic the ACC is a pretty good feature. I have it on my Panamera TS which I use in trips to LA and it is really nice. I try not to drive my Fcar in situations where I will encounter heavy traffic.

2. Caeruleus11

Caeruleus11 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 11, 2013
    Oh I'm not arguing you should have it added, simply that even though I don't use cruise, I do appreciate the emergency braking assist in certain circumstances in our modern world. In the Ferrari I tend to leave more room from other cars. Its kind of ironic, as they are far more powerful and faster than the typical daily car, but I find I am more relaxed and happy. That's why I got the Lusso. So far loving it! (even without all those fancy systems!!)

3. clockem

clockem Formula 3

May 18, 2009
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    Gary
    As part of the changes in 2019, Does the Lusso now come with lane change assist?

4. 635CSI

635CSI F1 Rookie

Jun 26, 2013
    London UK
    Full Name:
    Graham
    Lusso do inspire a kind of relaxed and imperious feeling don't they? Nothing to prove against anything on the road i guess.

My only experience of driver aids was in a Volvo where i found them quite intrusive, especially the system designed to stop you straying out of your lane.
    Thankfully Ferrari don't seem to be adopting that.

Caeruleus11 and Bundy like this.
  5. crazedboutcars

crazedboutcars Karting

Dec 14, 2018
    Dubai, U.A.E.
    Full Name:
    Madhav Kanchan
    It is supposed to be their worst selling model the GTC4Lusso T

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

6. FFantastic

FFantastic Formula Junior

Mar 23, 2015
    UK Riviera
    I've heard that as well from my dealer plus looking at the market in the UK there are over twice as many T's for sale.

I have lane assist, parking assist, stop bl00dy start, pedestrian warning and braking and all that stuff in my daily and it drives me bonkers.

deltona and Bundy like this.
  7. crazedboutcars

crazedboutcars Karting

Dec 14, 2018
    Dubai, U.A.E.
    Full Name:
    Madhav Kanchan
    It is opposite here in Dubai, U.A.E... 2-3 times more V12 Lusso for sale in used car market as compared to Lusso T... the dealer here has a brand new Lusso V12 for sale but hasn’t moved in the past 3 months at the very least... personally, I love the Lusso T and would aim for that as my next Ferrari since I need a more family friendly car plus here you really don’t need 4 wheel drive and the fancy gadgetry that comes with as well as the running costs... I’m not a huge fan of the V12 yet... either the Lusso T or its replacement or the FUV whichever is the cheapest... in general the entire Lusso range sells poorly as compared to others since most want two seater Ferraris

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

8. randkin

randkin Formula 3
    BANNED

Aug 2, 2015
    Somis, CA
    Full Name:
    Randy
    I pretty have the lane assist and the stop/start ignition turned off all the time. But the ACC and blind spot warning light are excelent in traffic. IMO

9. 635CSI

635CSI F1 Rookie

Jun 26, 2013
    London UK
    Full Name:
    Graham
    Difficult as Ferrari don’t release figures. But from new super car spotter sights in Europe and the word from my dealer, the T is far out selling the V12.
    Horses for courses I always say, in North America (cheap gas, snow states) is would probably go V12 4wd too, but on my tiny temperate continent with its twisty roads the lighter RWD T is simply cheaper and more fun.

More important than the (often tiresome)V8 v V12 rivalry, is that with the FUV the whole front engined 2+2 line could come to an end.
    That would be a shame.
    Only a very few customers want what we love.

Caeruleus11 likes this.
  10. Caeruleus11

Rossa Subscribed

Jun 11, 2013
    Great post.

I turn off most of the systems in my cars and the last one (Mercedes) the dealer was horrified--- you--- you--- mean--- you don't want the car to steer for you?? No! I like to steer it myself- that's the whole idea! (the self parking is a pretty cool trick though!)

11. randkin

randkin Formula 3
    BANNED

Aug 2, 2015
    Somis, CA
    Full Name:
    Randy
    Yes steering is certainly part of the fun of driving.:cool:

otakki and Caeruleus11 like this.
  12. NeilF8888

NeilF8888 Formula 3

Feb 10, 2005
    Miami Beach
    I think heads up display would be a great option on any model Ferrari, just easier to read nav instructions and would love a tach that’s heads up.

13. Nospinzone

Nospinzone F1 Veteran

Jul 1, 2013
    Weston, MA
    Full Name:
    Paul
    Yes, that seems to be true.

14. REALZEUS

REALZEUS F1 Veteran

Feb 16, 2011
    Bournemouth, UK
    Hehe, good fun.
    I turned off all the driver aids in my high power BMW and the dealer turned white when the car was turning left, while the steering was looking the other way. :D

15. absent

absent F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Nov 2, 2003
    illinois
    Full Name:
    mark k.
    For people living in areas affected by Winter climate, with all the snow and ice, poor traction caused by debris, like sand, salt, etc, a V12 is the only viable option.
    Of course, those who use their cars only ocassionally, in good weather, 4wd traction is not important at all.
    For daily use, when you have to drive no matter the snow storm outside, traction of the V12 model is a must.
    I have even put run flat snow Blizzaks on my wife's Lusso for additional safety (potholes everywhere here in Chicago and busted tires are a common thing).
    I don't want her stranded on the side of the road because of a flat tire, not very safe for a woman in a Ferrari (or any other car) in this city.

Chz_Hd, Bundy, BaronM69 and 1 other person like this.
  16. clockem

clockem Formula 3

May 18, 2009
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    Gary
    Absent, still liking the Lusso ie style, traction in the Chicago snow and ice (versus a SUV with all wheel drive)? Still on the fence to get one but have no need for the back seat and the look still bothers me. Thanks.

17. Caeruleus11

Rossa Subscribed

Jun 11, 2013
    In my case in NYC area, I run my Lusso as a semi-daily car along with an AWD sedan when I need it, and I can tell you the traction and style and really everything has me saying thumbs up to Lusso. But one note of caution! The low profile tires are all too easy to damage. You will get bubbles or worse from potholes that would not really bother a SUV without sports wheels on it. I would say Absent is absolutely right about going with run flats for his wife in a Lusso. I have Pilot Alpin on my car and I think next time I will at least go with the Pirelli because they have a stiffer side wall. I love Michelin, but at this time of the year that soft sidewall isn't a plus! I'd almost think to get a spare wheel with the same winter tire on it, thus, it would be easy to swap out and take the damaged one in for repair/ replacement.

of2worlds, BaronM69 and Bundy like this.
  18. gh0st0

gh0st0 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 2, 2018
    Midwest
    Ha, you’re not messing around if you’re using blizzaks. They are the official tire of winter, have you had any issues with orange peel on the paint due to salt?

19. 635CSI

635CSI F1 Rookie

Jun 26, 2013
    London UK
    Full Name:
    Graham
    Lusso V12 on top gear last night (in Norway, versus some grosse panzer from Porsche)

Watchable on the BBC iPlayer though not sure about outside UK.

20. Challenge64

Challenge64 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 28, 2004
    Full Name:
    Ron
    I've already destroyed two tires (thankfully no rims) here in Arizona due to bad roads. I cannot image how much worse NYC is.

Caeruleus11 likes this.
  21. 635CSI

635CSI F1 Rookie

Jun 26, 2013
    London UK
    Full Name:
    Graham
    We have specialized rim and tire insurance here in the UK, as a Londoner its worth me doing, raided kerbs being as bigger menace as poor surfaces. Do they have the same in the US ?

22. BaronM69

BaronM69 Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 29, 2005
    Washington DC / FR
    US does but not all dealers offer it

23. absent

absent F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Nov 2, 2003
    illinois
    Full Name:
    mark k.
    Gary, she switched directly from a G63 to this car, quite a change in all parameters.
    She absolutely loves it, car is unstoppable, easy to drive in the worst weather, not even the recent snow storm slowed her down.
    She puts about 1k miles a month and in her words, there is no going back to regular SUVs, she wants to replace it with whatever the Ferrari replacement for the Lusso is.
    This car offers no compromise, has all the performance you may need or want, practicality, comfort and is so far utterly reliable.
    It has seen LFSC only to wash it (not often enough, it's very dirty) in the 5k miles she has done since last Fall.
    As for orange peel on the paint I can't say, can't see it under the crust of salt all over the car.....

Bundy, uhn2000 and BaronM69 like this.
  24. BaronM69

BaronM69 Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 29, 2005
    Washington DC / FR
    Tire insurance does not protect you from tires not being available....

>> Michelin what the hell are you doing?

There is no alpin tire available in the US to replace my flat/pot holed Alpin tire???

Should i just replace all by Pirellis? Park the car until the end of winter?
    Come on.
    We all know Italian suits and French shoes are the best. When available in the right size.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

Bundy and Caeruleus11 like this.
  25. uhn2000

uhn2000 Formula 3

Oct 15, 2011
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Joe
    @Caeruleus11 looks like I got the ADAS and surround view added to the incoming T. I thought it would be cool to atleast have one car in the stable with these gadgets to see if I like/use them at all.

Caeruleus11 likes this.