ENGINE ACCESS FROM THE INTERIOR MONDIAL 3.2 | FerrariChat

ENGINE ACCESS FROM THE INTERIOR MONDIAL 3.2

Discussion in 'Mondial' started by RANDLE W, Mar 29, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. RANDLE W

RANDLE W Rookie

Aug 29, 2016
    I understand there is a way to access the engine from inside the vehicle via the back seat. Does anyone know how? 87 mondial 3.2

2. Wade

Wade Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner

Mar 31, 2006
    East Central, FL
    Full Name:
    Wade O.
    Cab = yes. Coupe = no.

3. Alden

Alden F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 25, 2010
    Central Florida
    If you have a cabriolet, you should be able to see the top of the access panel behind the rear seats, fold the seats down to see the bottom part of the panel.
    Alden

4. jkstevens2

jkstevens2 Formula Junior

Aug 25, 2015
    Winter Park, FL
    Full Name:
    JK Stevens
    the access panel is an L shaped cover that sits on the back dashboard and rear seat back. Fold the seat backs down, moving the seat belts to not injure the leather. Place a work towel down on the back of the seats. There is a leather cover with velcro along the edges. Remove this cover and you can see the access panel underneath. With a metric allen wrench you should be able to remove (6) bolts from the top rear dash and (6) bolts from the vertical seat back wall (hidden in what looks like carpet). The panel will then release from the frame. There might be weatherstripping / foam sealant tape along the edges that make the panel cling to the frame. I replaced the sealant tape on mine to help keep exhaust gases out of the cab. This is the access panel to service the front of the engine, replace spark plugs etc. Its also a required access point if you plan on doing a timing belt change. The timing belt cover has small bolts that have to be accessed from the interior area......after you remove and reposition the dip stick tube of coarse. Its an amazing 3d puzzle!

Hope this helps.

5. SaratogaCA

SaratogaCA Formula Junior

Sep 11, 2016
    Saratoga, CA
    Full Name:
    Sam T.
  6. jkstevens2

jkstevens2 Formula Junior

Aug 25, 2015
    Winter Park, FL
    Full Name:
    JK Stevens
    So far so good....what are you trying to accomplish?

7. Cadillacbart

Cadillacbart Formula Junior

Nov 26, 2013
    Denver, CO
    Full Name:
    John
  8. RANDLE W

RANDLE W Rookie

Aug 29, 2016
    Thank you every one for your answers Unfortunately my Mondi is a coupe.