Engine vibration | FerrariChat

Engine vibration

Discussion in '206/246' started by Ducati348, Mar 28, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Ducati348

Ducati348 Karting

May 15, 2009
    Dallas, Texas
    Full Name:
    Alex Scroppo
    I replaced all four engine mounts in my Dino and now I have a vibration that goes through the chassis of the car whenever the engine is running. My thinking is the durometer (hardness) of the rubber in the mounts is too high causing the engine vibration to be transmitted to the chassis. I checked for other interferences but could not find any. Has anyone experienced this situation? I’m thinking I will need to replace the mounts (again) with some other ones, but I’m not sure I won’t have the same problem. I was considering buying the ones from Superformance which are made in Italy. Any suggestions?

2. racerboy9

racerboy9 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 3, 2003
    I would check the integrity of your harmonic balancer pulley. If the bonded rubber fails you can have a real mess on your hands.

Streetsurfer likes this.
  3. Ducati348

Ducati348 Karting

May 15, 2009
    Dallas, Texas
    Full Name:
    Alex Scroppo
    Thanks for the recommendation. I checked the harmonic balancer pulley and it looks to be in good condition.

4. racerboy9

racerboy9 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 3, 2003
    Is the vibration constant at all rpm's ? The GR4 racing Stratos ran engine mounts made of stiffer rubber and a reinforcing bracket to boot but they were really beating the crap out of the car. I have bought Dino engine mounts still in the Pirelli wrappers.

5. Ducati348

Ducati348 Karting

May 15, 2009
    Dallas, Texas
    Full Name:
    Alex Scroppo
    The vibration is consistent at all rpms. When the car is in the air on jack stands and running, I can feel the vibration when I touch the frame.

It’s possible I ended up getting non OEM mounts. Do you have a source that carries the OEM mounts?