enough about the 612 | Page 2 | FerrariChat

enough about the 612

Discussion in '612/599' started by Prancing_Horse, Mar 25, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. kenyon

kenyon F1 Rookie

Oct 7, 2002
    East Yorkshire
    Full Name:
    Justin Kenyon
    They should have built a rear engine V12 Ferrari to update the Tessa. The 612 is between the 456 and 550.

2. allanlambo

allanlambo F1 Rookie

Jun 9, 2002
    Maui
    Full Name:
    Allan
    What? My a$$crack? THank YOU!

3. EVartanian

EVartanian Formula 3

Mar 19, 2002
    Sunny SoCal
    Full Name:
    Eric
    #28 EVartanian, Mar 26, 2004
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  4. matkat

matkat Formula 3

Mar 18, 2003
    Scotland
    Full Name:
    Dave McGuire
    Personally I like it,to say it looks like this or that is irrelevent you either like it or you don"t.

5. wax

wax Five Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 20, 2003
    SFPD
    Full Name:
    Dirty Harry
    Read any related article and you will see the 612 Scaglietti has extremely roomy, comfortable rear seating for adults, up, down, all around.

6. Admiral Thrawn

Admiral Thrawn F1 Rookie

Jul 2, 2003
    Yep, that's it. I was wondering when someone would mention it.

7. whimike

whimike Karting

Jul 26, 2003
    Los Gatos, CA
    Gotta love people's erudite knowledge. Have you ever seen a 612 in person or sat in the back seat? If you did, you would not be making your comment. I didn't really care for the 612 when I saw pics, but when I saw it in person at the challenge race at Sears Point last weekend my opinion changed somewhat. The rear seats are MUCH bigger than the 456 and I easily fit (6' 2.5"). The car in person is also larger than I had thought it would be. After walking around the car it grew on me and looked much better in person. The car still isn't for me, I prefer more sport vs gt, but I liked it better than I initially did.

-- Michael

8. club0

club0 Formula Junior

Feb 22, 2004
    Helsinki, Finland
    I've said it before, I'll say it again - it's a beatiful car. And very powerful as well.

9. ANDYH

ANDYH Karting

Feb 29, 2004
    Bedfordshire, UK
    Full Name:
    ANDY H
    I didnt like the 612 at first but its slowly growing on me, which seems to happen to me on most of the recent F cars. I didnt much care for the 456 initially, but now think its awesome and extremely under-rated. The 360 I thought wasnt as good looking as the 355, but now I like it every bit as much. The Enzo I like in black, but in Red, I'm just not sure. For whatever reason, new Ferraris just dont seem to hit the instant wow factor for me anymore. Maybe once Luca leaves this will change ??

10. Koby

Koby Formula 3

Dec 14, 2003
    The Borough, NJ
    Full Name:
    Jason Kobies
    Sometimes the instant wow-factor can be overrated. I find subtle designs tend to age much better. In my humble opinion, the Testarossa looks extremely dated and somewhat tacky, while the 512bb has held up much better.

11. Newman

Newman F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner Professional Ferrari Technician

Dec 26, 2001
    Canada
    Full Name:
    Newman
    I was going to mention the coves on the early cars as well but its still unclear if the vette or ferrari had it first. I think it was even the same year so who knows who stole it. It still doesnt look right on the 612 and I think vette when I see the coves, not ferrari.

12. scycle2020

scycle2020 F1 Rookie

Jan 26, 2004
    potomac
    i totally agree, the 512bb has a classic timely design...whereas the spaceship want to be designs look cool intially but can have a tendancy to look dated inthe future..just like the contemporary home vs a more traditiond designed house