ENVOY/ ENVOY XUV | FerrariChat

ENVOY/ ENVOY XUV

Discussion in 'Other Off Topic Forum' started by spidr, Dec 21, 2003.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. spidr

spidr Formula Junior

Nov 13, 2003
    Going to look at these tomorrow. What do you think of them? Like the XUV? The final decision will be between these two and not the wanted Cayanne as I am getting GM discount and massive incentives.
    Anybody have opinoins on these good or bad?

2. Dave328

Dave328 Formula 3

Nov 24, 2002
    Katy
    Full Name:
    Dave
    I work for a GMC dealership. The GMC Envoy is pretty rock solid. I would go for the 4.2/6 instead of the 5.3/8. The 5.3 tends to get noisey as it ages. The XUV is cool, but seems just a little bit "gimicky". It's just too new to have any feedback on it. One thing I did notice playing with the first stock unit we got last week is, don't get caught out in the rain with the roof open. The whole opening/closing operation takes close to 60 sec's. One other thing I'm not to happy with is the XUV (as well as the Avalanche) was designed to leak a certain GPM of water. At least until the drains get clogged with debris.(leaves,pine needles,other crap) :( Bottom line, unless you just gotta have the XUV, I'd go with the plain Envoy. You won't be disappointed.

Feel free to PM me with any other specific questions and I'll try to help.

Dave

3. spidr

spidr Formula Junior

Nov 13, 2003
    Hi, Dave
    Went to the dealer again and still can't ****ing decide. It will however be the base XUV in black with dark interior, or the ENVOY in white with the fancy grill and running boards. HEEEELPP Gotta know by tomorrow..
    The XUV looks kinda ugly but its styling is also of the upcoming Cady, BMW and Porsche and may look really good in a year or two while the Envoy will be a 4 year old design.