Enzo Built a One-Off Ferrari with an F1 Engine: Ferrari 250 Europa Vignale | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Enzo Built a One-Off Ferrari with an F1 Engine: Ferrari 250 Europa Vignale

Discussion in 'Vintage (thru 365 GTC4)' started by BeefCake4000, Feb 19, 2023.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. kare

kare F1 Rookie
    Consultant

Nov 11, 2003
    Had a look at the Lampredi engines, it is a can of worms really as so many cars were modified as a new car (3.0/4.5) already and some of the modifications were most certainly done by swapping the engines. Factory engine swaps tend to lead into eventual renumbering of engines and/or chassis frames... sooo I take ito concideratoin that engine 0347EU was maybe restamped at the factory already. Too bad the frame was scrapped, so we don't know if that too had been renumbered.

2. turbo-joe

turbo-joe F1 Veteran

Apr 6, 2008
    southwest germany and thailand
    Full Name:
    romano schwabel
    I think that engine numbers have been restamped because of the customs at that time?

3. Marcel Massini

Marcel Massini Two Time F1 World Champ
    Honorary

Mar 2, 2005
    Engine 0347 EU was not restamped by the factory but decades later by a private individual, an American citizen at the time living in Orange, CA/USA. As said, I have plenty of sharp and clear photos.

Marcel Massini

readplays likes this.
  4. kare

kare F1 Rookie
    Consultant

Nov 11, 2003
    I think two engines are being confused here, but now is not the time to sort this one out.