Enzo CHASH IN TAMPA... TRUE OR FALSE. | Page 3 | FerrariChat

Enzo CHASH IN TAMPA... TRUE OR FALSE.

Discussion in '288GTO/F40/F50/Enzo/LaFerrari' started by ronsupercar, Jan 16, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Matt LaMotte

Matt LaMotte Formula 3

Oct 30, 2002
    NOw that that is said and done with.........anybody know the details?:)

2. Skelter

Skelter Rookie

Nov 1, 2003
    Even if TVRFREAK knew the details he shouldn't have to tell them if he isn't comfortable with it, if i crashed in any car i'd be pretty pissed if someone i knew started posting the details of my accident on the net.

3. SefacHotRodder

SefacHotRodder F1 World Champ

Dec 20, 2003
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Chris
    i agree skelter, tvrfreak has said everything he needs/wants to say (it doesn't really matter why not, its up to him, not us) just respect other peoples privacy and/or opinions

4. Eilig

Eilig F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 31, 2001
    Full Name:
    Cavallo
    I know carbon fiber is resilient as hell when it comes to crashes, so it would be very interesting to see pics, if this crash really did occur. I also wonder if Ferrari employs usage of the same carbon fiber in the Enzo as the F1 car, or if it's perhaps not as strong as that used in the race car.

5. CoryMac

CoryMac Rookie

Nov 3, 2003
    Is this the same guy that owns the RV place off of I-4 near Mango/Thonotasassa?

6. Winkie

Winkie Rookie

Sep 26, 2004
    That wouldn't be lazy boys would it? My uncle worked there like 20 years ago and has some crazy story's.

7. Admiral Thrawn

Admiral Thrawn F1 Rookie

Jul 2, 2003
    There was a crash involving a Ferrari Enzo in the midwest (I think it was Houston) late last year.

I downloaded videos of the burning Enzo from a thread on Ferrarichat last year. Also I believe some Fchatters went to the scene and collected 'souvenirs' (bits of Rosso Corsa painted carbon-fibre and other assorted pieces of charred metal).

The guy lost control on a bend, went through a fence, into a tree and the car caught fire, burning to destruction. The driver was the owner's son and escaped without serious injury.

There was an earlier accident involving an Enzo in Florida, supposedly driven by the owner's son at night. Photos of it floated around the internet showing the front end smashed in, but it was clearly repairable, and did not catch fire. The other accident I mentioned was a complete write-off as the car was totally incinerated.

8. Hennessey

Hennessey Rookie

Apr 10, 2004
    WA
    Full Name:
    Josh Hennessey
  9. Exoticar Auto

Exoticar Auto F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Dec 17, 2004
    Tampa Bay FL.
    Full Name:
    Exoticar Auto
    Don olsem is who owned the Enzo...it is true.It was actually red.It was on Ebay as well and the wreck was on the bridge going from Clearwater to Tampa.It was the only Enzo I ever saw actually driving on the road.I have seen the pic many times on this site.It was the red car with the luggage sitting out front of the car for sale.Don Olsen also owns several exotic car dealerships and the financing companies behind the dealerships.I did hear the car was replaced with a yellow car.He lives on Bayshore blvd in tampa if anybody is from around here and you can see the car from the road some times.Hope this helps.Also my friend is a valet in Tampa at one of the hot clubs there and he said the kid used to bring the red car in on a regular basis.......must be nice untill you wreck Dads million dollar car.

10. LittleBro

LittleBro Formula 3

Jul 7, 2004
    Herts, UK
    Full Name:
    Woody
    That must be a cracking sight! Good lad!

11. wax

wax Five Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 20, 2003
    SFPD
    Full Name:
    Dirty Harry
    Yes, you do. Read your own post(s).

Take your level down a notch....you will live longer.

12. Peloton25

Peloton25 F1 Veteran

Jan 24, 2004
    California, USA
    Full Name:
    Erik
    #62 Peloton25, Jun 3, 2005
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Andrew-
    Here's a shot of his 'very special British car' - I think you will find this photo to be quite familiar. ;)

The F1 is chassis #073, and was auctioned by Christies last year. It's a very special McLaren F1 featuring an LM-spec engine and many other unique touches. The car was previously owned by one of the brothers that owns Tag Heuer, which as most know is very closely connected with McLaren. Lets just say they built a ringer for the boss man.

To those still 'in the dark' so to speak - if you are somewhat resourceful, you can find more of the info you are looking for in other places on the web. Not that hard really - I do it all the time.

>8^)
    ER
    Image Unavailable, Please Login