Enzo destroys its competition ..0-100-0 Test | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Enzo destroys its competition ..0-100-0 Test

Discussion in '288GTO/F40/F50/Enzo/LaFerrari' started by amenasce, Apr 27, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. HoboPie

HoboPie Karting

Apr 16, 2004
    Yeah, I know numbers don't mean that much when they are that close, but sadly I don't have access for a seat of the pants run and they are all I can go by. And if the LM wasn't using upgraded tires, the extra power could be spun away easily.

2. Maverix

Maverix Karting

Apr 26, 2004
    Kent UK
    Full Name:
    David Crompton
    19 I think.
    Anyway, nothing compared to the R500, which is basically a continuously modified and evolved Lotus 7.

Caterham *own* this competition and by God do I want an R500 Superlight Evolution. Yes they are road cars, they only cost £36,000 about $60,000 brand new and they are the fastest means of getting from A-B on a "proper" road. By proper I mean one with turns and bends in.

You do however have to be hard as bloody nails to drive one...you dont get a windscreen, let alone a roof! ABS, power steering, carbon brakes, radio, cd player, LSD, active Yaw Control, Electronic Brake force Distribution??? Forget it! Caterham's idea of luxuary is giving you a heater.

They are also the best handling production road cars in the world, both on the open road and at the track. Bar nothing.

If you guys across your side of the Pond are wondering how the **** you never seen nor heard of one of these things...blame the K series Rover engine. It dont meet your emission regs. Course, with Lotus going to the Toyota unit..what price Caterham following?

3. noony

noony F1 Veteran

Nov 25, 2003
    Seoul
    Full Name:
    Johnathan
    Not my style- can go almost as fast in a RUF without almost killing myself :D

Or an enzo of course

4. aventino

aventino Formula Junior

Jun 16, 2003
    Hong Kong
    Full Name:
    David L
    Pity there wasn't some banzai skyline in the test too, they seem to put out the horsepower 1000-1400 (or say they do) but haven't seen one actually hold together through any acceleration tests.

5. blibor

blibor Rookie

May 23, 2004
    PARIS
    Full Name:
    Bertrand LIBOR
    What is the web site, in which you found this figures please ?
    Besides, i'd like to say, that those figures doesn't mean anything, till they are not made 10 times, to be considered as a legal "AMS" test procedure.
    Thanxs 4 all.
    Bertrand from Paris (france)

6. Brian C. Stradale

Brian C. Stradale F1 Rookie
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 17, 2002
    Dallas, TX, USA
    Okay, I think that is the record for the longest quotation.

This is not directed just to you... its fairly common... but...

Please edit the quotes to only include the text you are responding to, OR to only the portion that needs to be repeated to set the context for your comment or query.

7. Davey S1

Davey S1 Formula Junior

Jan 20, 2004
    Cardiff, Wales
    Full Name:
    David
    Not for the cash you cant mate. If you want to go fast without a lottery size bank account it's a Caterham R500 or a Crescent Suzuki. Either wau you will probably 5h1t your pants!

8. ciao baby

ciao baby Formula Junior

Feb 15, 2004
    DC<---> MB
    Full Name:
    Michael Karagiannis
    OK but a followup question is, What car is best for <$100k at this type of thing? <$200k?
    In other words if money was an object what is the ultimate performance car?

9. Maverix

Maverix Karting

Apr 26, 2004
    Kent UK
    Full Name:
    David Crompton
    Money is not object in this test.

The Caterham R500 Superlight Evolution is Numero Uno.
    The only competition it might have is if someone decided to develop a set of Carbon Ceramic brakes for the old Macca F1.

Oh the to the chap from France who was on about doing these sorts of runs 10times...I think one of Caterham's production tests IS to do this sort of thing 10times. When they build the car for you that is. If you build it yourself...well thats your own dept. then!

10. ciao baby

ciao baby Formula Junior

Feb 15, 2004
    DC&lt;---&gt; MB
    Full Name:
    Michael Karagiannis
    Understand that money is no object but, If you want a car faster thatn a enzo just add money.. where as the original question I asked was what is the car that for the non Billionaires can provide the most bang for the buck..
    EG Dodge Viper, 360 CS, Ultima GTR. etc without resorting to a supercharged mustang type thing..

11. teak360

teak360 F1 World Champ

Nov 3, 2003
    Boulder, CO
    Full Name:
    Scott
    Formula one cars are now in the sixes for 0-100-0. What if you could combine the acceleration of a top fuel dragster with the braking of the F1 car? Top fuelers are now in the range of 8/10 of a second for 0-100 mph!. So the combined 0-100-0 would be around 4 seconds. What a ride that would be.