Enzo drive pictures and THE best day of my life... | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Enzo drive pictures and THE best day of my life...

Discussion in 'California (Southern)' started by jordan747_400, Feb 8, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. DallasGuy

DallasGuy Formula Junior

Oct 29, 2002
    Frisco TX
    Full Name:
    Chris F
    Awesome pics. I think I would probably wet myself if somebody gae me the chance to drive the Enzo. Congratulations on the drive.

2. Chiaro_Slag

Chiaro_Slag F1 Veteran

Oct 31, 2003
    CA
    Full Name:
    Jerry
    Huge thanks to Byron, Jean-Louis, and Costa for making this day happen - It was quite special indeed!

Jordan - Congrats - You are very lucky! Costa is the man.

What a day - Started off by spotting Rick's F40 on the 405 & then caught up to him & drove with him all the way to LA - The highlight of my day!

On the second half of the drive in the mountains, the little 328 ended up behind the Jaguar 220S & right behind the Enzo. Once the road cleared, they were gone! Man Costa sure knows how to drive! How exciting watching an Enzo being driven like that. WOW! I will remember that forever. The day I drove with an F40 and Enzo. Fun, Fun, Fun!! An Enzo drifting through the mountain turns, motorcycles giving the thumbs up - Too cool!

I loved Banana Boat's color choice for the Gallardo - Great looking car!

Also loved the Blue Stradale there - The color was TDF - Anyone know the guy? The interior was incredible. The owner owns a shop (Meridian?) and he took out the tan suede inserts and replaced with blue inserts. Looked like it came from the factory that way - What incredible work! I need that car! :)

Thanks again to all - Melissa and I had a great time - Thanks to Rick and Lana for the great company on the drive up!

3. Chiaro_Slag

Chiaro_Slag F1 Veteran

Oct 31, 2003
    CA
    Full Name:
    Jerry
    I really want to see some videos of the drive - The tunnel videos are probably amazing!!!!

Did anyone see the Purple Pontiac Mera there? Had Ferrari badging all over it. Here is some info on the Mera for those interested :

http://www.fiero.net/mera/article.html

4. Lee White

Lee White Karting

Nov 1, 2003
    Colorado, USA
    Full Name:
    Lee White
    In the pic of the Enzo on the lift, it seems that the mesh screen covering the air intake on the front bumper has been pushed/kicked in. Or am I just seeing things?

5. jordan747_400

jordan747_400 F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 9, 2002
    Houston, TX
    Full Name:
    Jordan
    I believe it was all normal...The mesh is angled a bit in the intake.

6. F40

F40 F1 Rookie

Apr 16, 2003
    AZ
    That is how the mesh is supposed to be... Jordan you lucky bastid, you abandonned me on aim!

7. EVartanian

EVartanian Formula 3

Mar 19, 2002
    Sunny SoCal
    Full Name:
    Eric
    Jordan, great shots. Holy crap you drove the Enzo...awsome!!! I am still buzzed from the drive. What a ridiculous day. Glad I didn't miss this one...very, very glad. Can't imagine it being any better than it was. Just got in after being out all day, and I still can't think straight. My brother was handling the digicam, so I'll get those pics and post them in another thread.

8. Texas Forever

Texas Forever Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 28, 2003
    Texas!
    Jordan, all I can say is that you guys in S.Cal. are sick, sick, sick, puppies. Don't you have some schoolwork that you have to do? Geeze Louise!

Congrats, BTW

Dr "Green with Envy" Tax

9. Willis360

Willis360 F1 Rookie

Aug 4, 2001
    Redmond, WA
    Full Name:
    Willis H
    Congrats, Jordan!

10. Tipo815

Tipo815 F1 Rookie

Nov 1, 2003
    Newport Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    Jeffrey
    It was a fantastic day! Many thanks to Byron and JL. You guys did a spectacular job. No easy feat when you consider the number of cars in the group! I have to tell you guys - I am shocked that we did not got caught anywhere along this ride! Running 100+ through the mountain passes with 60+ Ferraris and Lambos screaming is not exactly a subtle Sunday romp! There was one point where I was following the modified NSX, Enzo, and XJ220 along Coast Highway before we reached Las Flores and we were running around 120mph. For any of you that know Coast Highway it is a ticket waiting to happen!! Unbelievable! There were so many great moments that it is impossible to say that one was better than the other. Jerry - Great driving in the 328! You were not holding me up at all. You handled that car like you have been driving it all your life. Lucky for us that our significant others do not mind living on the edge with us! By the way - I think the two of us were the only two to have the privelege of watching that Enzo go sideways up that hairpin! That was an awesome sight! It made me want to try it in the 355 but I knew my car control would not have been anywhere nears his and I would have likely skidded into the mountain!! Ha ha! What a day! A total of 160 miles of pure pleasure!

11. 150shot

150shot Formula Junior

Jun 15, 2003
    San Dimas, CA
    Jeffrey- that was you who got pulled over and let go right? lucky guy!

Thanks again to Byron, Jean Louis, and FX performance for putting this event on!! It was the best turnout yet!

12. Ferrari Boy

Ferrari Boy Formula 3

Oct 25, 2003
    Long Beach CA
    Full Name:
    David Couch
    Nice pictures Jordan! Congrats on the ride, glad you had alot of fun. Was there any scary moments, or was it a smooth ride with smooth shifting? Congrats again on what I believe is your fourth ferrari you have drivin, four right?

David

13. Tipo815

Tipo815 F1 Rookie

Nov 1, 2003
    Newport Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    Jeffrey
    Taking off from the lights was music! Every car sounded like a race car! It was awesome!

14. SrfCity

SrfCity F1 World Champ

Way to go Jordan. See what happens when you don't give up! Glad to hear all you guys had fun!!!!!!!

15. mighty

mighty Karting

Nov 2, 2003
    Where was all this? Crystal Cove?

16. Chiaro_Slag

Chiaro_Slag F1 Veteran

Oct 31, 2003
    CA
    Full Name:
    Jerry
    You saw that Enzo slide too huh? What a site!

I was glad that you were behind me rather than someone I didn't know. I knew you would be cool about it even if I was hanging you up at all. I scared poor Melissa - her hands were dripping with sweat! I think she would admit she actually enjoyed it though. You could really hear that Enzo at each hard acceleration - What an incredible sound. I was trying to let you in front of me at that one stop so that you could follow right behind it, but a few other cars snuck in front of you. :)

17. Chiaro_Slag

Chiaro_Slag F1 Veteran

Oct 31, 2003
    CA
    Full Name:
    Jerry
    It was up in LA - We met at FX Performance - Costa's shop. Byron and Jean Louis put it together - The Ferrari Driving Club.

18. mighty

mighty Karting

Nov 2, 2003
    My god, what a shame i missed it...I'm like 15 mins from santa monica

19. jordan747_400

jordan747_400 F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 9, 2002
    Houston, TX
    Full Name:
    Jordan
    Your not kidding! At one point I was ready to take off but its a good thing Mark and I stayed. We both had a blast! I wasn't too keen on taking my car through the mountain roads chasing the Ferrari guys...Im just so rediculously paranoid about cops now...It all worked out well though!!

David, lucky to have driven 4 :) 308 GT4, 328 GTS, 575M (f1), and now the Enzo!!! Not a good idea to drive those kinds of cars though...I got in my Mustang to head home after the event and said to myself "Wow...this car kind of sucks!" Spoiled for life :)

Luckiest guy in the world...

For the post about the Enzo drive, click here...
    http://ferrarichat.com/forum/showthread.php?t=8093

20. Ferrari Boy

Ferrari Boy Formula 3

Oct 25, 2003
    Long Beach CA
    Full Name:
    David Couch
    WOW! Great story Jordan, I didn't know you drove it all the way back to FX. And I thought I was lucky for sitting in it and having Costa show me all the features of the Enzo :). You are truly a very nice guy Costa.

BTW, I think you should use the photo with the big smile on your face for the avatar instead of the one of you driving :)

David

21. RyanZX6R

RyanZX6R Formula Junior

Nov 4, 2003
    Riverside County
    Full Name:
    Ryan
    man, what a day! The turn out was awesome. FX Performance deserves many thanks for their hospitality. Byron, Jean-Louis, and Sonny did it again with setting up a fantastic day for everyone to enjoy. Everything worked out perfectly. The weather was great, traffic was minimal, no accidents and no tickets. Byron, you looked noticably at home behind the wheel of that Murcielago. Got some great video in Kevin's NSX racing up the mountain behind Dean in his Diablo and Ron in his 512TR. And Byron, your idea for the tunnel video was perfect. We got everyone flying through there. It sounded insane!! There is nothing like spending a day with, oh, about 5 million dollars worth of cars being driven the way they were ment to be driven. Can't wait until the next drive.

22. Admiral Thrawn

Admiral Thrawn F1 Rookie

Jul 2, 2003
    AWESOME!

I drove up the Pacific Coast Highway to Malibu when I was in L.A. a few months ago; Where was that hilly area in the photos? The Santa Monica Mountains? I really wanted to explore them when I was in SoCal but didn't have the time.... it must have been an amazing drive!!! You're one lucky guy, Jordan. Opportunities like that don't exist for 98% of people. Of course you already knew that.

Now, where was I? Oh yes, about moving to live and work in the U.S.A... ;-)

23. Joe G.

Joe G. Formula 3
    BANNED

Dec 9, 2003
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Joe Gazzani
    Excellent Pics.

I definitely need to attend one of these events.

Thanks for the postings.

Driving an Enzo is a once in a lifetime experience.

24. F1racer

F1racer F1 Rookie

Oct 5, 2003
    Laval
    Full Name:
    Jean
    Unbelieveable pics!!

and I can't believe you drove the Enzo!!! awhh!!!@!:)

Just sitting in the Enzo would have made my day but him saying you could drive it ..I would start shaking my legs. :)

25. s4dustin

s4dustin F1 Rookie

Jan 26, 2004
    I got calls from my sport bikers and about 7 other people when you were all at the top of stunt and schueren. My coffeshop is 7 minutes from there.....I want you guys here! As i have been posting, every sunday is "**********". What will it take to organize a day here? Thoughts, suggestions, recommendations...
    D