Enzo Ferrari Birthday Party | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Enzo Ferrari Birthday Party

Discussion in 'South Central - USA (TN, MS, AL, GA)' started by FMofAtl Parts, Feb 6, 2013.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Patek

Patek Formula 3

Mar 24, 2006
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    John Milton Denton
    #26 Patek, Feb 16, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    So, it was great to see everyone. Will of course and all the work he and his crack team did. I didn't know that he could even make cookies. Good to see Harold. Jim wizzed in on the back of the 328, It is a wonder that Suzanne didn't climb around in his car. Mark, Andy ( 360 that was invaded), Mitch, Jack, Ben, Larry, Jim ( he likes Ferrari, Porsche, and wristwatches) the simple things in life.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. Patek

Patek Formula 3

Mar 24, 2006
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    John Milton Denton
    #27 Patek, Feb 16, 2013
  3. Patek

Patek Formula 3

Mar 24, 2006
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    John Milton Denton
    #28 Patek, Feb 16, 2013
  4. Gatorrari

Gatorrari F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 27, 2004
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jim Pernikoff
    #29 Gatorrari, Feb 16, 2013
    Of the four modern supercars, the F40 is undoubtedly the one that most looks the part, as well as the one which was built in the largest quantity (about as many as of the other three combined), and the only one that was really raced actively. I feel a bit of kinship because it was roughly a contemporary of my 328 and used a lot of the same gauges and switchgear. Like the 328, it can trace its ancestry back to the 308 (via the GTO and GTO Evoluzione), and it's the only one I've ever gotten a ride in (though admittedly in a parade lap situation at Barber). Amazingly, its air conditioner worked better than the one in my 328!

We got a "technical tour" of both supercars from an FoA technician, and they attempted to fire both of them up, but the F40 was recalcitrant and wouldn't light. (Someone said that it sounds like a California.) I love the "mousehair" on the dash; I wish they made some for the 328!

5. andy308

andy308 Formula 3

Jan 16, 2005
    Sarasota, FL
    Full Name:
    Andy
    Nice to see everyone today, thanks FOA. I was standing talking to Kevin and saw some woman opening my car door. As I went outside to see why she was in my car I realized that she probably mistook my car for Patek's. I joked with her about it when she came in, no harm done and it was pretty funny.

6. Gatorrari

Gatorrari F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 27, 2004
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jim Pernikoff
    #31 Gatorrari, Feb 16, 2013
    Ironically, the Enzo was apparently coded F140 internally before release, so if that was the case, we had the F40 and F140 side by side. (The new supercar is coded F150, but we know that Ford will not let them use that in public!) As was pointed out, its V-12 engine was the basis for those in all the recent and current V-12 production cars, and its interior somewhat resembles its production contemporaries aside from the increased use of carbon fiber. I've never ridden in an Enzo, but I did get to sit in the passenger seat of one once.

The window sticker still on the car is remarkable for its total price; I've never heard of an Enzo changing hands for anything near $652k; I think the lowest that I can remember was about $995k. The EPA fuel numbers, BTW, are 8 city and 12 highway, but as they say, if you can afford the car.....

7. Gatorrari

Gatorrari F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 27, 2004
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jim Pernikoff
    #32 Gatorrari, Feb 16, 2013
  8. gtdave

gtdave Karting

Dec 22, 2011
    Sandy Springs
    Full Name:
    Dave B
    Thanks FMOA for hosting a great event!. Thoroughly enjoyed it...great format.

9. shmark

shmark F1 Rookie

Oct 31, 2003
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Mark
    Thanks for a great event! Miranda and I had to leave a little early, but it was nice to see everyone and hang out in such a great place. Happy Birthday Enzo!

10. monalisa

monalisa Guest

Oct 15, 2012
    Indeed the day of the Enzo birthday party at Ferrari of Atlanta, I did accidentally climb into Andy's car, as it is almost exactly the same color and it is a very rare color!! So I jumped in thinking I had arrived at the right Ferrari until I looked across the dashboard and saw 360!!! Then out of the corner of my eye I saw Andy coming my way. OHHHH how embarrassing to sit down in someone else's Ferrari!!!! It's not like it was just some old run of the mill, Ford, but a beautiful and delicate Ferrari!!!!

I want to thank my "dear little brother", Patek, for busting me on Ferrari Chat about landing in the wrong car!!!! I can only say, "Pay backs are Hell!" and I am currently looking through old, and I mean OLD, family photos to see what would be "neat" to post of a young Patek!!!

to Andy, I just want to thank him for being so gracious about me sitting in his awesome car!

Lastly, to Jack with the Dino, my hair dresser wants to thank you for getting me to return to coloring my hair!!! We were talking about something that happened in 1959, and Jack says to me, "How can you remember that? You must have only been about 8 years old!!!" to which I stuttered my inflamed response : " I was only born in 1959!!"

Apparently time to color the old white hair I have at the tender age of 54!!

Heading with Patek to Amelia Island this weekend, as we will be participating in my little car, at the 50th Anniversary festivities for the 911! We should be seeing some awesome Ferraris though, too!! I am sure Patek will post some pictures next week!

Sorry it took me so long to get to this, but Ferrari Chat was not letting me respond until now!!!

Best regards to all that had a laugh at my expense about sitting in the wrong car!!!

11. Patek

Patek Formula 3

Mar 24, 2006
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    John Milton Denton
    #36 Patek, Mar 6, 2013
  12. monalisa

monalisa Guest

Oct 15, 2012
    Thanks for trying to help excuse my embarrassing mistake, Patek!