Enzo Ferrari film set: filming day at Ferrari Factory set facility | FerrariChat

Enzo Ferrari film set: filming day at Ferrari Factory set facility

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by Albert-LP, Sep 13, 2022.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Albert-LP

Albert-LP F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Sep 1, 2010
    around Modena, Italy
    Full Name:
    Alberto Mantovani
    Live this morning from Modena: they are filming the Ferrari Factory scenes at the Factory filmset facility, who is an old building in Modena very smilar to the old Ferrari factory building type with the correct 1957 front added and based on Ferrari official drawings. It'a huge filmset with many big cranes, a huge crew, superstar actors and Oscar winner director.
    It was very difficult to take some pictures as there were guards everywhere to prevent any picture leak, so what you see was my best with the phone while the guards were shouting "don't take pictures!". But I was on the public road so I didn't care too much...

It looks it will be a top film

Ciao

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. spaghetti_jet

spaghetti_jet Formula Junior

Jan 5, 2005
    Europa
    Full Name:
    Bob
  3. Albert-LP

Albert-LP F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Sep 1, 2010
    around Modena, Italy
    Full Name:
    Alberto Mantovani
    spaghetti_jet likes this.
  4. spaghetti_jet

spaghetti_jet Formula Junior

Jan 5, 2005
    Europa
    Full Name:
    Bob
    Nessun problema Alberto. As Maxibon says, two is meglio che one!:)

F140C and Albert-LP like this.
  5. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    Very cool!! Thanks for sharing!

Albert-LP likes this.
  6. Albert-LP

Albert-LP F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Sep 1, 2010
    around Modena, Italy
    Full Name:
    Alberto Mantovani
  7. Albert-LP

Albert-LP F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Sep 1, 2010
    around Modena, Italy
    Full Name:
    Alberto Mantovani
    In October 14th and 15th the film troupe will be at Brescia for others Mille Miglia filming scenes.

Ciao

spaghetti_jet likes this.
  8. Jack-the-lad

Jack-the-lad Six Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 22, 2004
    Moot Pointe

papou likes this.
  9. rampante550

rampante550 Formula Junior

Jul 20, 2010
    NC
    Full Name:
    D Day
    Any time I see a trailer try to sell me on the actors and director and not the movie itself, I know we're in for a disappointment. Sorry to be a hater, but I can't believe how lame this looks

Been waiting years for this movie and judging by the trailer, it looks like a melodramatic art project to 'show us the real enzo' or whatever. I literally want to see the legend as we know and imagine him. I hope I'm wrong and will still pay the $15 to see it in the theater, but expectations have been dropped to the floor on this one

Lusso123 and Jack-the-lad like this.
  10. Jack-the-lad

Silver Subscribed

Jun 22, 2004
    Moot Pointe
    It’s rare that a Hollywood biopic will satisfy those who truly know and appreciate the subject, whether an athlete, a war hero, a Biblical character or whatever. Danny Aiello or Paul Sorvino would have been perfect in the role, but the film’s long gestation outlived them, and neither was considered a leading man.

Buchpilot, Nospinzone, Doug. and 4 others like this.
  11. kryten2001

kryten2001 Formula 3

I had no idea it was made by Michael Mann. I'm on board, I love his movies. I reckon this one has potential.

Please lets have the vision of a screaming F40 heading through the hills of Modena as the closing scene.

Texas Forever likes this.
  12. Albert-LP

Albert-LP F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Sep 1, 2010
    around Modena, Italy
    Full Name:
    Alberto Mantovani
    Hey guys: this is a movie, an Hollywood major movie, so it's not a documentary, but it's strictly based on a true story, the 1957 Ferrari year. They spent a lot of money to have the best of best here in Italy, filming in the real places (Modena, Brescia, Rome and so on), with excellent consultants - among them: Ferrari Classiche department - and with the period correct cars.

I bet it will be a great film also for who knows very well the real story. The real story? Is there anybody who knows what Enzo Ferrari, Laura Garello, Lina Lardi, Alfonso de Portago Piero Taruffi, Carlo Chiti, Gianni Agnelli, Sergio Scaglietti, Gino Rancati, Mile Hawthorn and so on really tought in 1957? I don't, nobody knows: the movie tells what they could likely thought in 1957

Let's enjoy this movie

ciao

13. Marcel Massini

Marcel Massini Two Time F1 World Champ
    Honorary

Mar 2, 2005
    ........with the period correct cars.......???
    You must be kidding.

Marcel Massini

14. 05F430F1

05F430F1 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 22, 2005
    Fort Lauderdale, Florida
    Full Name:
    Todd
    Ya kinda like the Lamborghini movie where Enzo is racing a Testarossa vs Lamborghini in 1991 but he died in 88

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

Jack-the-lad likes this.
  15. Albert-LP

Albert-LP F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Sep 1, 2010
    around Modena, Italy
    Full Name:
    Alberto Mantovani
    Don't forget you wrote -a week before Purisangue introduction - that Purosangue wouldn't have been called Purosangue and it hadn't B pillar... I was here when they filmed the movie and they only asked local owners for cars built within 1957. My friend 1955 Fiat 8V Zagato (who raced in 1000 miglia 1956) is among them.

Best regards, Mr. Massini

Buchpilot likes this.
  16. merstheman

merstheman F1 Rookie

Apr 13, 2007
    São Paulo, Brazil
    Full Name:
    Mario
    In case of the Ferraris, obviously replicas as 3 of them would cost more than the movie's budget. But the spirit is there. No one in their right mind would expect them to use the real cars.

technom3, Albert-LP and Nembo1777 like this.
  17. Ferrari 360 CS

Ferrari 360 CS F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 4, 2004
    Cape Town,SA
    Full Name:
    Jacques
    I lost a huge degree of interest when I read it was based on the Brock Yates book.

Lusso123 likes this.
  18. Jack-the-lad

Silver Subscribed

Jun 22, 2004
    Moot Pointe
    020147 likes this.
  19. Doug.

Doug. F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 16, 2004
    Las Vegas, NV
    Releases in theaters 12/25/23.

imahorse likes this.
  20. JLF

JLF Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 8, 2009
    It will suck.

21. Albert-LP

Albert-LP F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Sep 1, 2010
    around Modena, Italy
    Full Name:
    Alberto Mantovani
    #23 Albert-LP, Sep 5, 2023
    Last edited: Sep 5, 2023
    I want to remember this to everybody here: that's a movie, Enzo Ferrari is not the real one, nor De Portago, Taruffi and so on.

I will judge the film after having seen it: I cannot predict the future as someone here looks to be able instead.

What I can say is that that they put a ton of money and efforts to do a great job, as I saw them doing the film here in Modena with my eyes.

Ciao

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

Attached Files:

wiley355, Juli, 375+ and 2 others like this.
  22. Nospinzone

Nospinzone F1 Veteran

Jul 1, 2013
    Weston, MA
    Full Name:
    Paul
    Which cars are not going to be correct?

I'm not knowledgeable enough about the cars of that era to know. Frankly I'm not going to let that detract from whether I like or dislike the movie, but it would be interesting to know.

23. technom3

technom3 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 29, 2007
    Phoenix AZ
    Full Name:
    Justin
    It's entertainment.

Try to enjoy it.

People love the show yellow stone... do you know how many cattleman hate that ****ing show.

Do you have any idea how pissed off I get at most movies and actually Yellowstone is guilty of this as well they use rifles without optics or even iron sights. 99% of people don't notice... and the one son was a Navy SEAL. They use terrible tactics when clearing rooms etc...

Don't even get me started on Ford vs Ferrari.

People ask me what I thought of Ford vs Ferrari and my answer is always the same... I ask them... did you enjoy it? They always enthusiastically say yes... and I say... good. That's all that matters. Because that truly is all that matters.

Top gun maverick... holy **** how many bs scenes are in that.

The point of movies is entertainment. It's not college term paper. They aren't legal documents.

Suspend reality... engage your imagination and just enjoy.

I hope this new Ferrari movie creates passion among the youth across the world to keep the passion alive for all of these great cars... ESPECIALLY as the internal combustion engine is in its last act.

AD211, Lusso123, Nospinzone and 4 others like this.