Enzo magazine | Page 28 | FerrariChat

Enzo magazine

Discussion in 'Collectables, Literature, & Models' started by jm2, Nov 25, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Yan-Alexandre

Yan-Alexandre Karting

Dec 15, 2016
    Hello everyone,

I'm the editor-in-chief of French Enzo magazine. Thanks for that topic (and for the kind words regarding our edition). It's very enlightening about what went wrong with the UK edition. I had no clue why they did stop publishing it, but looks like subscribers not receiving the magazine is part of the problem... So, so far we are the only one Enzo up there, but I believe there is also a Thaï edition (it it still exists ?) and i heard something about a Japanese one.

As you may imagine we are a license magazine, that means part of our content is republication from the UK one, part is our original. Obviously, there will be more original features now, as we almost used everything we believe is interesting in the UK back catalogue, but you may also find some Octane or Evo stories in our issues.

Regarding Switzerland, I know we are there, but I guess only in the French language part of the country, as for Belgium. And yes, we are a general public car magazine, then I'm afraid some of our stories may sound a bit "light" for die-hard Ferraristi... :) (but that helps selling it !)

We are currently finishing our issue 13, to be on sale mid-june...

2. Ferrari27

Ferrari27 Formula Junior

Jul 5, 2010
    Thank you for the update.

What a shame the publisher/editor of the English edition never took the time to explain anything.

3. Dino2400

Dino2400 Formula 3
    Owner

Feb 21, 2009
    Thank you Yan-Alexandre for your comments and happy to hear issue 13 is coming soon. Just ordered the 80's special. I'm buying the regular issues in Knokke or Antwerp, Belgium. Which are Dutch language areas of Belgium.

Yan-Alexandre likes this.
  4. jtremlett

jtremlett F1 Rookie

Feb 18, 2004
    Yes absolutely. Bonus points to M. Yan-Alexandre for posting here. Since he cares enough to do so I thought it only reasonable to order some magazines.

5. Jack-the-lad

Jack-the-lad Six Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 22, 2004
    Moot Pointe
    I purchased a copy of the French edition in a tobacconist in Antibes back in 2018. I was quite surprised to find it as I had no idea that a French edition existed.

Yan-Alexandre and of2worlds like this.
  6. Nembo1777

Nembo1777 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 4, 2006
    opposite lock
    Full Name:
    Marc Sonnery
    #681 Nembo1777, May 27, 2021
    Last edited: May 27, 2021
    When I am in Geneva which is several times a month I go to K Kiosk, Rue de Rive 13, 1204 Genève or like yesterday to the train station, there are three newsstands, I visit at least two each time. There is one with good International car magazine selection like those above at the airport but downstairs in the shopping gallery so open to all not just for flight passengers.

FYI the German, Swiss and Italian classic car mags are stocked in all of the above as well.

Here in Burgundy French language Enzo, Octane, C & SC are in all good newsstands and supermarkets but the Brit mags in English no chance. In Paris WHsmith rue de Rivoli is best.

I don't like to subscribe to any magazine, I assess each issue before buying.

dino69, of2worlds and bloomberg like this.
  7. Marcel Massini

Marcel Massini Two Time F1 World Champ
    Honorary

Mar 2, 2005
    Lucky you.
    Here in Zurich, Switzerland, virtually ZERO automobile magazines available at the very very few newsstands still existing. And nothing in any foreign language (just German). I always have to drive to the airport. A real shame for the biggest and wealthiest city in Switzerland.

Marcel Massini

of2worlds likes this.
  8. Nembo1777

Nembo1777 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 4, 2006
    opposite lock
    Full Name:
    Marc Sonnery
    Maybe you should fund one; Massini Zeitungen und Zeitschriften on the main street:)

LVP488, Jack-the-lad and of2worlds like this.
  9. Marcel Massini

Honorary

Mar 2, 2005
    Marc

Digital is the future...........paper is no more fashionable and killing trees is currently not what the green and left wings want.........think Greta and climate!
    But I rather stop here otherwise fchat will ban me or even arrest me..........
    Ciao

Marcel Massini

randkin, Rosey, of2worlds and 2 others like this.
  10. Nembo1777

Nembo1777 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 4, 2006
    opposite lock
    Full Name:
    Marc Sonnery
    Well Greta is from one of my two countries but I don't agree with much of what she says...and I don't think Fchat would ever ban you:)
    Buona serata.

Rosey, Jack-the-lad and of2worlds like this.
  11. bloomberg

bloomberg Formula Junior

Mar 7, 2011
    “Many books on Ferrari are a criminal waste of trees,” says Doug Nye, historian, journalist and author of more than 70 motor racing books.

Nembo1777 likes this.
  12. Gatorrari

Gatorrari F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 27, 2004
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jim Pernikoff
    Even though you're a French magazine, any chance you would consider doing an English-language edition as well?

13. Marcel Massini

Honorary

Mar 2, 2005
    Well these UK Enzo guys still owe me some money, or magazines.........

Marcel Massini

14. Yan-Alexandre

Yan-Alexandre Karting

Dec 15, 2016
    Ha ! I think the Brits won't allow us to do that... Well at least if we call it "Enzo" :)

15. Jack-the-lad

Silver Subscribed

Jun 22, 2004
    Moot Pointe
    Maybe you could title it “Enzaux.”

Yan-Alexandre likes this.
  16. of2worlds

of2worlds F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 6, 2004
    ON
    Full Name:
    CH
    or call it "LaEnzo".

Jack-the-lad likes this.
  17. 635CSI

635CSI F1 Rookie

Jun 26, 2013
    London UK
    Full Name:
    Graham
    For what it’s worth Road Rat is very good, and a well produced paper magazine is a thing of beauty.
    Mind you, for £15 quid a pop it should be.

Nembo1777 and Jack-the-lad like this.
  18. Jack-the-lad

Silver Subscribed

Jun 22, 2004
    Moot Pointe
    More than that by the time it gets to the US.

19. Yan-Alexandre

Yan-Alexandre Karting

Dec 15, 2016
    Road Rat is an amazing piece of magazine. I've only read the 4 first issues, some great features, and the print quality and the art direction is great.

"LaEnzo" mmh, will think about it.

I'm not very familiar with international Ferrari magazines. Besides Cavallino, what is the offering ?

of2worlds and 635CSI like this.
  20. kubakozal

kubakozal Karting

Mar 6, 2017
    Poland
    Well, there is the Forza Magazine (https://www.forza-mag.com/). I've never seen a discussion about it on Fchat, so I don't know: either it is so good, that there's no need to talk about it, or it's not even worth a mention ;) But for what I seen on their website it seems to be decent mag.

21. ChoroQ

ChoroQ Karting

Jan 20, 2014
    Europe
    Full Name:
    A.C.
    I bought Enzo French Edition from time to time and found it nicer than the UK edition - I bought issue 1-2-3 back in the days (just to better evaluate if it worth reading or not) and never regret to not buy it anymore.

Side note: It's quite funny as in Italy we don't have any Ferrari related publication. It's not something I necessarily care about, just a statement, because it would surely be parochialist.

Side note 2: many books (and magazine even more!) on cars are a criminal waste of trees. Unfortunately. And not by Greta POV.

Last side note: TRR is another league of magazine, as I already said somewhere else. But I can understand it's not for all.

635CSI and of2worlds like this.
  22. Gatorrari

Gatorrari F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 27, 2004
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jim Pernikoff
    As I've said, I tried one issue and just didn't care for it. Unfortunately it's not available on American newsstands, so I can't buy an individual issue if I could pick one up and look through it. I do like Magneto and I liked the first issue of Strada.

ChoroQ likes this.
  23. ag512bbi

ag512bbi F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 8, 2003
    So. Cal
    Full Name:
    Armen
    Is that teenager still considered significant?

24. Nembo1777

Nembo1777 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 4, 2006
    opposite lock
    Full Name:
    Marc Sonnery
    We can't discuss her here because it is P & R and also completely off topic, back to Enzo, I don't buy every copy but assess each new one.

Jack-the-lad and ag512bbi like this.