Enzo Magazine | FerrariChat

Enzo Magazine

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by Douglas Merriwether, May 1, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Douglas Merriwether

Feb 1, 2018
    Full Name:
    FerrariGuy
    Has anyone on the forum paid for a subscription for Enzo magazine? I paid for a subscription in January of this year and all I received is a letter in February stating that they received my payment(paid through PayPal), and my magazine would start with the January issue. Well, its May and I emailed them about my subscription, and no answer or magazine yet. Has anyone,if subscribed, received their magazine yet? Is this a legit publisher or scam?

2. itsablurr

itsablurr Formula 3

Dec 9, 2005
    Carlisle, MA
    Full Name:
    Matt
    Not a subscriber, but it appears to be a quarterly magazine, so perhaps the Jan/Feb subscription/confirmation just missed the Q1 distributions. Not an excuse for the inaccurate or poor communication practices, though. Appears to be legitimate, coming from the publisher behind Evo and Octane.

3. Ferrari27

Ferrari27 Formula Junior

Jul 5, 2010
    Douglas. You are not the only person who has had problems with subscriptions to Enzo. There is further discussion over in the literature and collectibles area:

https://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/threads/enzo-magazine.564873/

Robert

4. Marcel Massini

Marcel Massini Two Time F1 World Champ
    Honorary

Mar 2, 2005
    Do NOT subscribe, it's a huge mess and extremely chaotic. They have no idea what they are doing (they are actually doing nothing).
    Buy, if you can and want, at some newsstand.
    Good luck.

Marcel Massini

5. Rosey

Rosey F1 Rookie

Nov 5, 2015
    Australia
    Full Name:
    Mark R
    Good advice Marcel but annoying as my local newsagent had ENZO issue 1, never recieved issue 2 at all and I just bought issue 3 off the shelf so it's much easier for me to subscribe,
    Oh well the hunt for issue 2 starts now !!

6. Marcel Massini

Honorary

Mar 2, 2005
    Last year already I tried to subscribe, took me more than a dozen attempts and emails (Website is seriously poor and not working for certain countries, I live in Switzerland). Finally able to pay and never got anything. More than 10 emails...... Communication with these mag people and their computer "programmers" is virtually impossible.
    Friends in the UK so far have sent me the issues.
    I call this fraud.
    Do not lose your money.

Marcel Massini

Rosey likes this.
  7. Manfred Steinert/MPS

Manfred Steinert/MPS Formula Junior

Mar 3, 2005
    Germany
    Same crap here. Ordered 14th of November 2017. Money taken 28th of December 2017. No magazine until now. I take it that a Brexiteer is in charge of the subscription department. Wonder what his problem is with Switzerland?

Manfred/Mitorosso

8. Rosey

Rosey F1 Rookie

Nov 5, 2015
    Australia
    Full Name:
    Mark R
    What issue number did they send you?

9. Manfred Steinert/MPS

Manfred Steinert/MPS Formula Junior

Mar 3, 2005
    Germany
    None at all.

10. tifoso2728

tifoso2728 F1 Veteran
    BANNED

Apr 30, 2014
    IL
    Full Name:
    DRM
    That's not a good number!!:eek::eek:

11. Rosey

Rosey F1 Rookie

Nov 5, 2015
    Australia
    Full Name:
    Mark R
    Scammers !!

12. bertrand328

bertrand328 Formula 3

Jun 1, 2015
    France
    Full Name:
    Bertrand
    Same from France !

last reply : "
    Having checked with our escalations team I can confirm that we will not be able to resend all of the missed issues since January as majority are now out of stock.
    Therefore we unfortunately have had to cancel your subscription with immediate effect. A refund of £27.00 shall be credited to your account"

I am still waiting ........

jm2 likes this.
  13. Marcel Massini

Honorary

Mar 2, 2005
    ABSOLUTELY INCREDIBLE "REPLY".
    These people from Dennis Magazine UK are seriously crazy. They publish not only ENZO but also OCTANE magazine which since half a year is going south big time, with very cheap and poor paper quality and lousy articles, more about replicas and other crap. A shame.

Marcel Massini

Themaven, Rosey and jm2 like this.
  14. TOOLFAN

TOOLFAN F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 23, 2005
    California
    I subscribed in 2017 and have yet to receive a single issue. I have sent multiple emails and have only received responses stating that I will not be getting any of the old issues I was subscribed for, but will be getting 'the next issue'. 2 issues have gone by since that email.

15. Ferrari 360 CS

Ferrari 360 CS F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 4, 2004
    Cape Town,SA
    Full Name:
    Jacques
    Very poor response from them. Very glad I didn't bother to subscribe. Pity because I enjoyed issue 2.

jm2 likes this.
  16. Ferrari 360 CS

Silver Subscribed

Dec 4, 2004
    Cape Town,SA
    Full Name:
    Jacques
    Agreed the quality of Octane has dropped considerably not only in paper but in the quality of articles. What is irritating to me is the articles generally lack not only detail but an sort of story, especially when its a significant classic car. Part of what intrigues me is the history of any individual car, Cavallino does this very well.

Where are the drive stories, people want stunning cars in great locations. Describe what the car is like to drive, over time fewer and fewer magazines are getting this right. I did see some of this in issue 2 of Enzo which was encouraging but its rare to find.

17. Rosey

Rosey F1 Rookie

Nov 5, 2015
    Australia
    Full Name:
    Mark R
    Wow !! That's so unprofessional !!

18. Themaven

Themaven F1 Rookie

Nov 2, 2014
    Eastdown
    Full Name:
    Darius
    Magazines don't have the budget for this anymore. Then readers don't buy, advertisers don't buy, budgets get smaller, vicious circle. Blame the thing responsible for Fchat. (Not Rob, the Internet, where everything is free as long as you hand over your data.)

19. Themaven

Themaven F1 Rookie

Nov 2, 2014
    Eastdown
    Full Name:
    Darius
  20. Ingenere

Ingenere F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Dec 11, 2001
    On the Limit
    Full Name:
    Dino
    I'm in the US and I subscribed from issue 1 and (so far), have received them all. They were (and are) definitely slow, but they have performed.

The articles are good and so is the photography. Sometimes I wonder why I keep getting things like this. I know the history of the marque. I know most of the models. There is just so many ways that you can tell the same story, but I still like it. I'm just a sucker! :)

jm2 likes this.
  21. bertrand328

bertrand328 Formula 3

Jun 1, 2015
    France
    Full Name:
    Bertrand
    To be totally honest, I received the refund yesterday...

22. Ferrari 360 CS

Silver Subscribed

Dec 4, 2004
    Cape Town,SA
    Full Name:
    Jacques
    Sure I think that might be the reason for a lack of those sorts of stories but its certainly not the reason for poor prose or doing proper research.

23. Simon^2

Simon^2 F1 World Champ

Oct 17, 2005
    At Sea Level
    OMG. I sent a inquiry about a subscription but never got a reply. I never subscribed,... never paid,... but have received issues 1, 2, and 3. I assumed it was a free marketing trial...

bertrand328 likes this.
  24. Marcel Massini

Honorary

Mar 2, 2005
    Lucky you!
    There really are no words to describe this chaos.

Marcel Massini

25. Ferrari 360 CS

Silver Subscribed

Dec 4, 2004
    Cape Town,SA
    Full Name:
    Jacques
    Perhaps nothing better illustrates the apparent debacle better than this post...